• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The constant demanding of money is killing my enthusiasm. :/

Dimicon989

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 20, 2018
I've already paid for the game yet it seems my only reward is the option to spend more money.

The fact that loot crates are seeming the only reward in the game (I've gotten 4 weapon skins in the time it took me to max out 5 Perks) so I've decided fine, I'll treat this any other free to play game.

Then they added the vault which I thought was cool...at first.

After playing for 2 days I earned my crate and opened it up and what do I get?

"Masterson l Vault l Pajamas l Vault Tile"

A uniform variant that can't be used until I buy the ability to equip it.

Seriously? Wtf is up with this?

It's been made abundantly clear they value money over players when even your "Rewards" for playing require money to access.

Reactions: opium
Masterson? paying to use it? No. "Buying the ability to equip it" doesn't mean anything what do you mean?

The only DLC characters are DJ Scully with the Deluxe edition of game, and Tom Banner if you own Chivalry game. All other characters are free. And you can open a Vault crate every 3 to 4 day if you do all dailies every day so what are you talking about? Also you can recycle you daily drops (can have a few each day) like crate, usb, or random items, to then craft other items, for free...

Upvote 0
Its just cosmetics. You can use all the weapons, all perks, all maps.
Besides, the vault stuff doesnt need to be unlocked by payment, wtf are you even talking about?
I am not a particular fan about the crates either, that everything is a gamble with no possibility to buy that one skin you'd really like, but its not something that would make me stop playing.
Gameplay is great, we get constant free updates, everything you pay for is cosmetics. Fair enough for me.

Reactions: Crisstation
Upvote 0
If you feel like you aren't being rewarded enough while you play that's fine I guess. But to say that Tripwire has...

Dimicon989;n2314991 said:
been made abundantly clear they value money over players when even your "Rewards" for playing require money to access.

Is a bit much to say for a game that you

1. Got For Free
  2. Nobody Forced You To Play
  3. Is Loaded With FREE Content That Other Companies Would Definitely Make You Pay To Use

It's perfectly within reason for a smaller game studio to make money off cosmetics and its up to the community members to decide whether paying for these cosmetics are worth it or not especially seeing how this was a 40$USD game at launch and is now a 30$USD new and you got it for free. But the simple fact that "purchasable" cosmetics do nothing to actually change the game play of the free game you got, I don't really understand what your complaint or argument is but I hope you get your skin problem sorted.

Upvote 0