• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

berserker tweaks

fire1111

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 12, 2017
i have all my classes at 25, and the berserker at level 6 bugged me, so i decided to level it up. i got really into it. field of view on 125%, feel you can run like the wind. its got that dead island feel with more strategy to it. i didn't know before that you could parry, and having that feature is a blast when taking on scrakes and fleshpounds. my issue is that there are times where i swing the mace and it just goes right through. the area of effect or hit marker is very marginal, and i would like to see it spread out to be even more strategic. if i hit their body break an arm or cut it off. to dismantle and disassemble them. critical hits are good, but the rest of the body seems to have very few areas of effect.

other than that, controlling the swing would be cool. have a setting that you can switch on and direct where and what you swing. cause sometimes i want a specific heavy attack, and it throws the shield, when i want the overhead swing down attack.

but its alot of fun. i feel like i'm actually fighting. just the times the mace goes through the body and stuff, takes me out of it.

Last edited:
Taco4Taco;n2313249 said:
It depends on what direction you're moving if you move left it's the shield. Forward it bashes them with the bat. So I'm so forth.

^ this

each direction triggers a move when you attack for all melee weapons. try with knife you'll see that it actually feels natural when you think about it.

forward attack = attack from above
backward attack = attack from bottom
left attack = attack right to left
right attack = attack left to right

mix that with the other heavier attack you got new moves

And yeah, parrying can be done with all classes it is important to reduce the damage you receive from an attack, but it can not be done with all weapons. If I'm not wrong different weapons able to parry have different parrying values (some weapons can parry a little when others have a better parry).

Also the 'bash' is important, for example I use it a lot with my Demolitionist perk to stumble a charging Scrake (you can not do that infinitely though, there is a cooldown on the zed you used it on to avoid infinite locking by bashing all the time, but it can save lot of situation when done at the right moment on the right zed).

Upvote 0
the direction control works well with the pulverizer, but not the bone crusher, i can't control the left sweep with the shield vs a left swing with the bat. the downward swing works good, but when pushing left it will sometimes do the downward swing. thats why i couldn't figure out the direction controls. i use the bone crusher most often by the way.

Upvote 0
i however think that from my playing experience and testing would like the right toggle to be in control of the directional swings. i like the push foreward for the downward swing. but in terms of lefts and rights. holding the shield button and then using swing would help with controlling the mace vs the shield on the bone crusher. then you could have the thumb eye coordination for the r3 to direction on swing with the mace that could really immerse me quite well. of course this would confuse between heavy and standard swings more, which could be emphasized by double handed attacks. like the double handed downward swing. have a double handed shield swing and push and like wise.

Upvote 0