• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Crafting question

peacez89

Dec 8, 2016
So as I am sure all of you who play on console know, saving up mats to craft an item takes a LONG time. Ive tried to bring this up before with possible fixes as console gets screwed in regards to items but I digress already...

My question is about the pool of possible crafted items on PS4. I have all classes to 25 (except medic) and I have saved up enough mats to craft 2x purple weapons (not the highest but the one right before the last). Whenever I get a box I always buy a key and open it. I typically keep things if they are mint or if they happen to look really unique but most things I recycle. The first purple weapon I could craft was a long time ago and I got a carbon fiber medic SMG, field tested. This was super disappointing as this was the one class I didn't play but w/e RNG happens. Just 2 days ago I got enough mats to make a second purple weapon....once again carbon fiber medic SMG but this time battle scared so I recycled it. Is the pool of crafted items on the PS4 insanely small? or did I just get slapped in the face by RNG once again? I would imagine not too many people do a ton of crafting in this game on console unless you truly have played everyday since release and spent solid $ on keys. That being said I am sure there are a number of people who have crafted at-least a few items.

For those that don't know, on steam you can buy skins people are selling for real money but many items are only a few cents. As such on PC you could technically get all the mats you need to craft something for 1-2$. On console a single key is more expensive than that.

Let me know what you guys have been seeing with the purple crafted weapons,

Peacez