• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How After-Game Ranking is Determined...

Broken_Veil_109

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 3, 2017
So, I've been playing KF2 for a while now, and I always wondered just how players are actually ranked after the game ends, as in comparison to each other. I've been through games where I had zero awards and I still came in the number one slot. I've also had games where I had just about all the awards and I came in second or third. My question to the community is just how is ranking really determined, and by what methods or standards does the game gauge superiority/inferiority of players in KF2? I know that there must be a general, overall, 'if you do bad you will be placed towards last, and if you do good or really good you will be placed near the top or at the top', but there seems to be room for the computer's interpretation in many cases despite fantastic performance(s) or lack thereof, and I'm just wondering how this system really works in detail.

Last edited:
The whole ranking thing needs to be dropped in my opinion, as it causes issues sometimes. Someone had suggested having people ranked by their time in the server - as to not further any sort of incentives to play differently, try hard to be the hero, etc. It's really all pointless at the end of the day, and since the game is a team game, your individual rank should not have any impact on your game.

You could have killed all the trash and put yourself at like, 400 kills, but never touched a large zed like a Fleshpound or Scrake. While clearing trash zed's is an extremely important factor, so is helping to take down heavy zeds, of course, depending on what your perk is.

The only end-game reward that plays any part in determining your ranking is the total amount of kills. Headshots, healing, money, damage, boss kills, etc. have nothing to do with your ranking.

Upvote 0