• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Stream Workshop Workshop Upload Tool Crashes

deltatokyo

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 3, 2015
Hello, I ran into a problem where I can't upload my item using Workshop Upload Tool. After I hit the Upload button, it instantly crashes, saying "SDKFrontend has stopped working". I tried checking the game/sdk cache, tried installing the game/sdk to the default steam installation folder, tried choosing the file as a upk/zip from the game package folder/unpublished folder/any other location, checked if the sdk process isn't working at the same time. It even crashes if I simply hit the Upload button without actually choosing the file and preview image. My OS if Windows 8.1. I also tried it from another PC running on Windows 7 and got the very same issue. I spent too much time working on my Guns 'n Gear contest entry and I don't want it go to waste. How can my issue be resolved? Has anyone had the same problem?

Hi, for unknows reasons I can't upload my item for the contest. I tried on 2 computers and it worked fine before, maybe I'm cursed.

I got "Error uploading file. Make sure you got a valid connection to Steam"

Does anyone have a fix ? I tried to reinstall Game and SDK twice on 2 different Steam repertory but nothing changed.

Windows 7 and Windows 8.1

EDIT : After two days of struggle I did it. I launched the SDK from Binaries with XP SP2 compatibility and after a few try it worked.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi, for unknows reasons I can't upload my item for the contest. I tried on 2 computers and it worked fine before, maybe I'm cursed.

I got "Error uploading file. Make sure you got a valid connection to Steam"

Does anyone have a fix ? I tried to reinstall Game and SDK twice on 2 different Steam repertory but nothing changed.

Windows 7 and Windows 8.1

EDIT : After two days of struggle I did it. I launched the SDK from Binaries with XP SP2 compatibility and after a few try it worked.

Had this problem too, and fixed by not choosing any thumbnail picture. Problem is, I don't know how to add one in the workshop settings :(

Upvote 0
Workshop Upload Tool Crash

Workshop Upload Tool Crash

I was having the same issue last night. In hopes of finishing the Polycount contest this issue was setting me back. Kept on crashing everytime I clicked on the upload tool. Anybody have any solutions? I submitted all my stuff to the Polycount final submissions thread, the only thing I couldn't post was my workshop link.
http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=157577&page=3
Demilich: Oni mask

crash.jpg

Upvote 0
Running Windows 10 Pro x64 with KF2 1036, I must start "SDKFrontend.exe" directly as administrator (doesn't start at all through Steam). Tried to upload a mutator, same crash as demilich when uploading to Steam. I tried "XP SP2 compatibility" as Soma Cruz suggested, I tried reinstalling both the game/SDK, leaving the thumbnail field empty, nothing works.

Upvote 0
I have the same prob as OP. I had my level posted before (KF - Back To Berlin) but wanted to update it and received the same error. Stupidly I deleted the existing build thinking that maybe the problem was in updating the map & that I could just re-post it aa before. Nope.

Anyway here some gen specs (same PC that had uploaded it before):
-Windows 10
-i7
-12GB RAM
-GTX 960

Thanks!

PS- If this fix is going to take long could we get a support Sticky where we could upload our content in the comments for you all to add to the Workshop in our names (as was done for some of the Grindhouse highlights)?

Upvote 0
Same problem here.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: SDKFrontend.exe
Application Version: 1.0.6009.30156
Application Timestamp: 57607ae8
Fault Module Name: StackHash_a496
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.18939
Fault Module Timestamp: 55afd843
Exception Code: c0000374
Exception Offset: 000ced0b