• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Stream Workshop Workshop Upload: Crashing upon uploading.

Hey, I've been trying to upload a weapon skin using the sdk tool, but it seems to get stuck on "Waiting for Steam task to finish..".

Uploading an item makes the tool crash after saying it's "UPLOADING TO STEAM", and I've tried about everything I can think of and nothing works.

Any ideas what might be happening?

What OS are you using?

Also, do you close the SDK down before you start the upload tool? Or do you leave the sdk up while using the upload tool? Are you saving your package in the game folder or the mygames/killingfloor2/unplublished folder?

I'm on Windows 10, SDK was always closed when attempting to upload, I've tried with the package saved in the unpublished, game and separate folders, as well as with the raw file/.zip.

Nothing works and the tool crashes when clicking Upload, even if I don't fill any of the spaces and it tells me to do so, it still crashes.

Upvote 0
I'm actually having a similar issue. W10 the upload tool doesn't even start.

Moved to my W7 PC and the launcher crashes when I press upload, same as Foster here. I even had it where there wasn't a file in the slot, pressed upload then placed a file inside it and it crashed. Strange issue.

So I ran as an administrator from the common\killingfloor2\Binaries folder and it worked fine on Windows 10. Maybe this will help somebody.

Upvote 0