• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Map KF-Asgard

Techuser

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 22, 2015
Alternate version of KF-Midgard, the first was based on a real place but had a lot of imagined things I thought were good for gameplay purposes, like a second door in the house and that whole extended rocky corridor, so I made an alternate version that is all faithful to the real place and decided to publish it too as I ended liking it more than the original :) made more assets, opened the bathroom as it would be in a normal day there (heck I even modelled a turd, but switched it for a zed fetus), removed the entire cliff side of the map and added a dirt road that actually exists, also now the house has only one door so it's not a good place to stay after the first wave but every room has item spawns, so use it for scavenging, at your own risk of getting trapped or get someone covering the entrance. Tried to make the lighting more realistic too, I think only the sunrise stills looks a bit fantasey but it's ok.

Features full dynamic lighting with random weather and time of day set at level load. Chances are 1/3 each for overcast, sunny or night to sunrise (overcast is my favorite and I might end updating to double it's chance), I tried to keep the night real so it's dark (and full of terrors) without flares scattered around, but it shouldn't be a problem now that flashlights lasts longer, and you can turn on the car headlights to help, also no huge moon.
The layout is of an outdoor arena map (it became round with a single trader in the center), invites to kiting but there is also a good defending spot right outside the gate that gives you three corredors to look at.

Do not reuse parts of this map or custom assets without authorization.

IOerV2i.jpg

Screenshots
Spoiler!

Workshop
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=747826742

Updated it this month:
- Added more boss spawns and made a small area for an out of sight boss spawn
- Blocked the way to the roof of the house
- Tweaked foliage, trees are looking better without using more resources
- Added visual aid on the road limits (and the boundary message still shows up)

Upvote 0