• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design got into another problem, i bag for help

Apr 23, 2019
hello! I been doing fine for comparatively long time but some problems lead me here tremble like chiwawa

straight to point, these are my problems

1. I'm now crawling on pathnode part. I made the nodes and tried test play, but summoned zed won't track me but just standing like lazy. It didn't even tried to attack when I attached charather to it. How do I make zeds to track me just like in-game Ai zeds?

2. I have set physics volume which gives damage when touched. I want it to give damage only to players but not zeds, but I don't know how. please help.

3. I'm also working on blood splat part. problem is, blood would never splat on typical meshes. theres two of them I found, one is non-functioning trader pod(of course working trader pod too,but i'm gonna bother with that), another is corpse of horzine security(body and head). is there a way to make them bloody?

I tried to figure it out alone like 6 times but it wasn't quite effective. help~

right, 2 of them has solved. 1and 2.

testing your own pathnode is simple.
- you need to make spawnvolume first.
- do test play, open console, type 'enablecheat' because most of console command isn't authorized during usual play.
- after enabling cheat, type 'testspawnvolume Number(how many you want to spawn)'. then zeds will spawn in volume nearest to you

notable thing is ventspawner is not reacting to this command. I haven't cooked map yet so I can't sure about this. I'll reply more if I figure how to.

about the damage volume, I used simple trick.
- 2 volmes required, physics volume and KFpawnblockingvolume.
- set physics volume settings you want(damage points, damage types)
- copy and paste physics volume and put it just above physics volume.(x and y size must be at least equal or larger than physics volume's. it would be better if copied one covers whole size of the physics volume)
- right mouse click to copied volume and choose 'convert -> convert to volume -> KFpawnblockingvolume'.then copied one will change to ordered volume.
- open volume settings and disable 'block to humans' and enable 'block to ai'

defect of this way is that it only works with stepping trap variants. because this trick meant to activate through touching passers foot.

Upvote 0