• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design How to make a "Ready Room"?

Slaanesh

Jun 20, 2016
I'm trying to make the "Ready Room" in official maps that players can choose their perks, character and cosmetics. I've tried searching the "Ready Rooms" inside the official maps but couldn't find em, so i'm clueless how to make em.

Is there any tutorial or guide that can help me make one?

On the official maps they are located pretty far away from the main playable area. They use CustomizationPoint nodes (or something named similar to that).

If you boot up Biotics Lab, look up and fly up outside the map, you should see some lighting volumes at the very top of the map, fly towards it - thats your customization point area.

Reactions: Slaanesh
Upvote 0
Yeah it's basically a "pre-spawn" point that links to the actual spawn point. If you don't place one it will use the standard spawn point. As Delta suggested check out an official map and copy the settings of their CustomizationPoint into your own. You just gotta make sure you have at least 6 CustomizationPoints that each link to their own respective 6 spawn points. It doesn't have to be far from the map though, I've seen some putting them in a visible place such as a cage or on the other side of a window in the actual map. There's great option to be creative with that!

Reactions: Slaanesh
Upvote 0
Alex Milo;n2320445 said:
Yeah it's basically a "pre-spawn" point that links to the actual spawn point. If you don't place one it will use the standard spawn point. As Delta suggested check out an official map and copy the settings of their CustomizationPoint into your own. You just gotta make sure you have at least 6 CustomizationPoints that each link to their own respective 6 spawn points. It doesn't have to be far from the map though, I've seen some putting them in a visible place such as a cage or on the other side of a window in the actual map. There's great option to be creative with that!

I've actually already placed them in my map with Delta answer. Still, im grateful for your help.

The reason i've not answered was to avoid the topic being sent to the top again.

Upvote 0