• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Trader arrow disappearing bug. Has anyone solved this yet?

SpoolsOfWar

Mar 31, 2016
Hey all,

So I've found a few older topics on this but none of them contained a definitive answer, so I was wondering if anyone had any new insights on how to fix this annoying bug?

I've noticed on my map that if you are more than around 120m (give or take) away from the trader pod when the buy round begins, the arrow simply does not appear. If you move closer it will eventually show up as usual which other people have commented on in the past, but that's not really an ideal solution. The furthest point in my map one can be from a pod is about 140m, not too outrageous, so I'm hoping a fix has been found.

I've noticed the official maps don't have this issue, with Infernal Realm in particular having around the same longest distance point to point as I do. The holdout maps as well have 1000m dashes, on the UI at least, although I'm guessing the teleporting mechanic somehow works around the arrow bug in that instance.

Any help on this would be great!

Got a screenshot of what your pathnodes and paths look like? I guess specifically between the areas you are talking about.

I've had this issue once, but it kind of solved its issue by rebuilding paths. Im sure you've already tried that multiple times though.

I have a slight suspicious that it could be caused by weird node layout or maybe too many nodes between point A and B - which would support the theory that when you get closer it lights up.

Reactions: ®omano
Upvote 0
Delta69er;n2315195 said:
Got a screenshot of what your pathnodes and paths look like? I guess specifically between the areas you are talking about.

I've had this issue once, but it kind of solved its issue by rebuilding paths. Im sure you've already tried that multiple times though.

I have a slight suspicious that it could be caused by weird node layout or maybe too many nodes between point A and B - which would support the theory that when you get closer it lights up.
That's a lot of nodes to screenshot ha!

It doesn't seem to be a specific area per se which is what is stumping me. It can path through all areas fine, when the distance is no more than around 120m or so. The furthest two points will arrow correctly, so long as I move within that distance before the end of the wave. When the arrow corrects itself it always seem to pop back in at 90m from the pod, regardless of where I am standing, so I don't think it is specific nodes causing it. If that makes any sense ha.

I'm gonna fiddle around a bit more, maybe just make a straight beeline with as few nodes as possible and see if that makes a difference. Will report back if I figure it out and/or go mad.

Upvote 0
Ok, figured it out! You mentioning too many nodes was the impetus I needed to uproot everything and just simplify the whole route. Don't know why I was so focused on the distance being the issue.

The weird thing is I went and compared it to an earlier version with a different node layout that worked, and the broken version really didn't look all that different. Oh well, lesson learned!

Upvote 0