• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design A note on fixing landscapes

Techuser

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 22, 2015
Posting this here because it's something I haven't read before and maybe it helps TW fixing the problem
I had the landscape problem today and the solution that I've read mostly is deleting affected sectors and copying good ones on them - but it doesn't have to do with corrupted sectors per se, just found out it's something related to the layer density. There's no need to delete and re-sculpt broken areas, fixing will require repainting only.

What I had:
Blackforest PM with only 4 out of the 5 layers added (water was the one left), they were added AFTER creating the landscape (I don't think this order is relevant though, and you can just delete and add layers), the textures have to be in your instance before creating the layers or they won't load there (thinking about it now I wonder if the problem was caused by changing the textures in the mic after I had the layers created) and the texture scales are irrelevant, you can scale.
In the [landscape>edit mode>layer density] I saw that the only sectors showing ingame were yellow, everything else not showing was green, so I painted the green ones (had to play with the opacity sometimes) til all was yellow and voilá, everything working ingame without needing to delete and sculpt again

Using layer density view was accurate to see if it would show in-game
I'm only not throwing fireworks now because while trying to fix that all my doors stopped working :mad:

A7kiBFO.jpg

ZVQTeXa.jpg