• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design "Asset Database Maintenance" nagging window at KF2 SDK startup

pixel

Grizzled Veteran
May 13, 2009
Russia
Asset Database Maintenance
Unreal Editor hasn't updated the game's asset checkpoint file in a while. Updating the asset database will optimize Content Browser performance and verify assets. Is now a good time?

NO, GET OUT OF MY FAAAACE

If every time you launch SDK you are getting this annoying window (even if you hit check now during previous launch 5 min ago) there is a way to turn it off.

Open KFEditor.ini (usually in \Documents\my games\KillingFloor2\KFGame\Config\), find [GameAssetDatabase] section, change UseJournalUpdateAlarm=TRUE to UseJournalUpdateAlarm=FALSE, save file.

Check KFEditorUserSettings.ini for any leftover alarms in JournalAlarmTime= and delete them if there's any (leave the key blank)
As i understood my case, this happened because SDK never changed the date of the alarm here, so it would ask me if i wanted to check indexes or whatever every single time.
Hope this was helpful to anyone.

Update: despite all the settings set to disable the alarm this little **** still sets the alarm date, to kill it off for good open KFEditorUserSettings.ini and set:

[GameAssetDatabase]
OfflineMode=False

Attachments

• photo18994.png
    photo18994.png
    8.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited: