• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Holdout Kismet logic - teleport on touch?

Seanchaoz

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 29, 2016
Denmarkia
www.synchaoz.com
I've started work on a Holdout map, and as such have created a small and simple test map to better learn and understand how the kismet logic works. I'm really not good with math and logic, so it's a bit of a chore and more confusing than I'd like.

I have my test map working just fine, except that the teleportation during trader waves will ONLY work by dropping players down a 'free fall' tunnel as in The Descent. My hopes was to be able to for example open a door into a dark chamber, and have players teleport as soon as they step inside instead of having to fall down a shaft, but all attempts at this so far have failed.

I assume this is because the teleportation logic is designed to trigger "when not inside volume" instead of "when touching volume". Which again doesn't quite make sense as you seem to get teleported before ever even reaching the end of the volume. It's almost as if it is based on x amount of distance moved inside the volume before teleportation triggers, but I can see no Kismet indication of this anywhere. Any insights?

Teleporting via touched volume is easy enough yep, but the teleporter needs to know where to send the player based on the active Arena being the problem I am having.

I think my problem basically is that I still can't quite understand the exact function of the IndexID variable. It's hard to work with something when you don't understand how it works :rolleyes:

But I think the answer lies, as domingo says, in linking a KFteleporter to the same Switch/Index function of the existing Kismet, and then tying a "On touch" function into that. I'll tinker around with it some more and report back if I figure it out. Or come crying if I can't.

Upvote 0
Hello, I have two different teleports configured on the map, but of course it is in the simplest possible mode, I have looked at the teleport actor and in his configuration, at first, the first option called URL by placing the mouse on it leaves the Options to indicate where to send the player, I think there is one that could be worth "telepor to different level in this server", another thing will be to make it work but if this option has to exist the way to configure it, it is not much help but it can That gives you some idea how to get it.

regards

Upvote 0