• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Teleporting players to a pathnode

LiquidArrow

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
I am trying to teleport players to a pathnode. I have tried it with a regular trigger and with a triggervolume but both don't seem to be working. They are set to touch the Pawn and KFpawn.

This is how i have it setup in kismet, both ways are different but I cant seem to get either way to work.

TyPmhKG.png

Has anyone got this working yet?

Upvote 0
Are you running the SDk with the -log launch option? If not try it then load your level and attempt to teleport. If there is an obvious error or collision issue, you will see it in the log window. BTW your teleport kismet looks good, I am assuming you watched this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AT_EoVqwTo and the only other thing I can suggest is using names variables rather than the generic variable.

Upvote 0
LiquidArrow;n2120469 said:
I got the teleport to work with a KFpathnode but I need the player to be able to teleport to a moving object.

What can I use as a destination that moves and can be teleported to?

edit: it works now!

Hi LiquidArrow,

When you did the teleporter did it always teleport ALL the players or just the one that activated it? I can't seem to get it to work for individual players. If the teleport happens, all players are teleported. I've broken out all the Kismet "Teleport" objects per player (Player 0 thru 5) but only Player 0 will activate the teleporter and it moves everyone.
If you have any hints, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you,

Upvote 0
Venom2000;n2299926 said:
Hi LiquidArrow,

When you did the teleporter did it always teleport ALL the players or just the one that activated it? I can't seem to get it to work for individual players. If the teleport happens, all players are teleported. I've broken out all the Kismet "Teleport" objects per player (Player 0 thru 5) but only Player 0 will activate the teleporter and it moves everyone.
If you have any hints, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you,
You are probably using "All Players" nodes. Use Object nodes instead (the ones that has ??? on them). That way the event only applies to whatever pawn interacted with the sequence, such as a single player or single zed.

Upvote 0
Seanchaoz;n2299929 said:
You are probably using "All Players" nodes. Use Object nodes instead (the ones that has ??? on them). That way the event only applies to whatever pawn interacted with the sequence, such as a single player or single zed.

Thanks Sean! Worked perfect. Just need to work on the destination now so they don't all land at the same spot... probably just add a random configuration for them.

Upvote 0