• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Release [Mutator] Server Extension mod

CayleRose
somebody verify if this still works. doesnt seem to work anymore. players try to connect and it just spams "connecting to steamworks bla bla" 100 times then they get connected. even tried with clean server files and default mod settings.

Yes it is working. That last update made most o the modded servers take a Dump! I had to start from scratch with new install. Try a new install with just barebones needed for ServerExt and test from there. Good Luck!
biggrin.gif

Upvote 0
CayleRose
Yes it is working. That last update made most o the modded servers take a Dump! I had to start from scratch with new install. Try a new install with just barebones needed for ServerExt and test from there. Good Luck!
biggrin.gif

I have no idea then, I deleted the whole folder, and did a clean default setup with Server Extension mod, and this is what keeps being spammed when I try to connect:
The below spams until connection is lost.
Untitled.jpg

I am also running another server without Server Extension mod and people are connecting to it without problems.

Upvote 0
I have no idea then, I deleted the whole folder, and did a clean default setup with Server Extension mod, and this is what keeps being spammed when I try to connect:
The below spams until connection is lost.
Untitled.jpg

I am also running another server without Server Extension mod and people are connecting to it without problems.

All work fine!

Upvote 0
Not yet support 1034 preview beta?
Client is crash and can not compile Thanks

Im sure there wont be either due to the fact that the final patch could change. Who knows what has changed codewise also. There are 2 versions of the game right now so your not gonna be able to test patch with source code from mods by compiling.

Cross your fingers when the final patch is pushed thru that when you start your server everything still works!

Upvote 0
After patch 1030 i see again server perks broken and i can help fix it.

Join in ServerExt\Classes\ExtPlayerController.uc and search:
After comment it with // and saving, after compile:
And finally works: 0 errors, 0 warnings. :)
Don't worry about: function AddPlayerXP now in official code: native final function AddPlayerXP
Maybe with bugs need new check or other way...

Anyone remember that issue? Well it's back, and this time it's much worse, Tripwire replaced KFPlayerController.AddPlayerXP with KFGameInfo.AddPlayerXP:
Code:
native private function AddPlayerXP(KFPlayerController PC, INT XP, class<KFPerk> PerkClass);

So guess what that means, once new KF2 update goes live, this is it, I'm done with this mod (and several others too as matter of fact).

It seams one does not simply learn from past mistakes.

Upvote 0
And one more remark to this subject, it seams Tripwire is being overly protective to players manipulating their stats.
Well guess what, if one DOES want to mod their stats, they can do it with UDK (or any other app) by switching its appID to KF2 and use the built-in steam stats functions.

So only thing they gain by making things overly complicated is that they'll lose their mods and modders.

Upvote 0
No Mods No KF2, No KF1

I'm running RPG server from Korea
If update is not possible, I will close server and no longer KF2 play

Agreed, TWI wants to cater to the console players so they can play on the same servers as the PC gamers. With that kind of logic, what's the point of even playing KF2 on PC? I thought the point of playing on an expensive elaborate PC was to have lots of options in how the game is played. If TWI doesn't reconsider screwing us PC players then I am going to cancel my server subscription and probably won't play KF2 ever again. Such a dick move on TWI"s behalf. Makes them Hypocrites as well due to the fact that KF1 started off as a mod on UE2. This is beyond unacceptable.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Agreed, TWI wants to cater to the console players so they can play on the same servers as the PC gamers. With that kind of logic, what's the point of even playing KF2 on PC? I thought the point of playing on an expensive elaborate PC was to have lots of options in how the game is played. If TWI doesn't reconsider screwing us PC players then I am going to cancel my server subscription and probably won't play KF2 ever again. Such a dick move on TWI"s behalf. Makes them Hypocrites as well due to the fact that KF1 started off as a mod on UE2. This is beyond unacceptable.

Correction, you are better off going back to KF1, where there is still a modding community of sorts.

Upvote 0
Anyone remember that issue? Well it's back, and this time it's much worse, Tripwire replaced KFPlayerController.AddPlayerXP with KFGameInfo.AddPlayerXP:
Code:
native private function AddPlayerXP(KFPlayerController PC, INT XP, class<KFPerk> PerkClass);

So guess what that means, once new KF2 update goes live, this is it, I'm done with this mod (and several others too as matter of fact).

It seams one does not simply learn from past mistakes.

They did this again?

If you're reading this Tripwire, may I suggest something?

• Put a new function in KFGameInfo:
    Code:
    native function SetUsesCustomXP(bool bEnabled);
    This needs to be publicly callable.
  • Put a new overridable hook in KFPlayerController:
    Code:
    event AddCustomXP(int XP, class<KFPerk> PerkClass) {}
    This hook is called from KFGameInfo.AddPlayerXP() only if KFGameInfo.SetUsesCustomXP(true) was called.
  • Comment both the new function and hook to get in contact with Marco if these ever need to be modified.

I don't have the beta (and thus don't have the code in front of me) but I think this would be a suitable compromise.

Upvote 0
And one more remark to this subject, it seams Tripwire is being overly protective to players manipulating their stats.
Well guess what, if one DOES want to mod their stats, they can do it with UDK (or any other app) by switching its appID to KF2 and use the built-in steam stats functions.

So only thing they gain by making things overly complicated is that they'll lose their mods and modders.

Could you send me a message describing in detail what your mod needs. We made a guess and added a notification, 'OnPlayerXPAdded' specifically for modding. If this does not accomplish what you need than we need more information.

Upvote 0