• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Release [Mutator] Server Extension mod

RonaldLee;n2281247 said:
@ Marco,

Hi. How do I add the "Survivalist" perk to the current version of your mod?
Do I just edit "KFServerExtMut.ini" by adding a line, something like: "PerkClasses=ServerExt.Ext_Perk[insert some name]" (Survivalist)?

No it's not that easy. You would have to edit the source and include a file called Ext_PerkSurvivalist.uc and include whatever stats you want for the perk. It's not very hard to do (as long as you have a working src on the new update), I suggest you look at how the other perks are done and go from there.

Upvote 0
Freebase;n2281277 said:
No it's not that easy. You would have to edit the source and include a file called Ext_PerkSurvivalist.uc and include whatever stats you want for the perk. It's not very hard to do (as long as you have a working src on the new update), I suggest you look at how the other perks are done and go from there.

My thing is that I use the Steam download service for server and clients, so if it involves a new build then I wait for it to be updated on Steam. Marco has done a great job with this mod, so I'll look forward to any changes he makes when he gets around to it. If it was just a matter of the config, I would just edit it myself. Now that I see it involves editing code and compiling, this is where I step back and wait.

Upvote 0
I just want to thank Marco for all his work with this mod and I hope he continues to support it. For those of you that are feeling adventurous and wish to try and update this yourselves I have added a link containing Survivalist and Martial Artist Perk. *Please note- Back up your files before trying this. Remember to have xvoteannouncer.upk in your C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\killingfloor2\KFGame\BrewedPC directory before recompiling your mod. Read the README.TXT! Use the Paste edits for ServerExt.ini and ServerExtMut.ini also.

Good Luck!

download-button-red.png

Reactions: Pharrahnox
Upvote 0
oldschool;n2281347 said:
I just want to thank Marco for all his work with this mod and I hope he continues to support it. For those of you that are feeling adventurous and wish to try and update this yourselves I have added a link containing Survivalist and Martial Artist Perk. *Please note- Back up your files before trying this. Remember to have xvoteannouncer.upk in your C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\killingfloor2\KFGame\BrewedPC directory before recompiling your mod. Read the README.TXT! Use the Paste edits for ServerExt.ini and ServerExtMut.ini also.

Good Luck!

download-button-red.png

Thanks for your upload oldschool. It's works fine in my server.

Upvote 0
I have a problem when I try to host this mod on my server. When I add the files in the server, then when other people try to connect they get a "connection failed" error and can't join. I had the same problem too, but when I got this mod from the workshop it all worked. I made it so that other people can download mods on my server both from the workshop and from a http link. They definitely get the error because they aren't downloading the mod, so do I have to add some extra options in the config or do I have to do something else?

Upvote 0