• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Need Help] How to fix custom weapon to work online multiplayer

outof_galaxy

May 15, 2016
i just upload some weapon skins to workshop , all the skins worked fine with me when play offline or even when play online.
But the subscribers said they couldn't use it online , it kicked they out of the game and i don't know how to solve it
So is there anyway to fix it or how to make it compatible for online game ?

P/s I'm just a newbie SDK
Sorry for my bad english

The only way to do it is thru a mutator or gamemode. Know beforehand that this will will derank a server. Here is one option on workshop http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=890082699Workshop Item Also the clients need to be subscribed to workshop content and anything that is not default game content must be available for download from an HTTP redirect for proper gameplay.

Reactions: outof_galaxy
Upvote 0
oldschool;n2292940 said:
The only way to do it is thru a mutator or gamemode. Know beforehand that this will will derank a server. Here is one option on workshop http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=890082699Workshop Item Also the clients need to be subscribed to workshop content and anything that is not default game content must be available for download from an HTTP redirect for proper gameplay.

Mutator is .. too hard for me , i saw some skin mod in workshop with glow color and the said those are client side mod can work fine in online game
so what is client side and do you know how to do it ?
i also wonder why all my glow skin worked really fine with me both online and offline but the subscribers couldn't

Upvote 0
The player/client needs to be running the same files as the server. It worked for you because you had the files locally in your game. Ask subscriber's to copy and paste the custom content to (...Documents\My Games\KillingFloor2\KFGame\Published\BrewedPC) that is client-side directory. The default files for the weapon are still where they are supposed to be for online play, but the necessary files are also available to overwrite settings for the custom content.

A server side mod forces the client to download via HTTP redirect or mirrors the content of a workshop item. It is confusing , but that is the way the game is setup to function. I believe it is broken in this respect and should be fixed. It makes it very challenging to run custom content or do any type of modding whatsoever.

Reactions: outof_galaxy
Upvote 0
oldschool;n2292974 said:
The player/client needs to be running the same files as the server. It worked for you because you had the files locally in your game. Ask subscriber's to copy and paste the custom content to (...Documents\My Games\KillingFloor2\KFGame\Published\BrewedPC) that is client-side directory. The default files for the weapon are still where they are supposed to be for online play, but the necessary files are also available to overwrite settings for the custom content.

A server side mod forces the client to download via HTTP redirect or mirrors the content of a workshop item. It is confusing , but that is the way the game is setup to function. I believe it is broken in this respect and should be fixed. It makes it very challenging to run custom content or do any type of modding whatsoever.

Well i did ask them to do that in description already , maybe i will ask them again to be sure
Hope tripwire will fix this soon to make modding easier

Thank you very much ^^

Upvote 0
oldschool;n2292974 said:

A subscriber said he used clientside method but when he joined the server the game begin to download WEP_1P_Medic_Pistol_MAT.upk and lost the connection with server while buy a hm301
i think that is because the MAT file , he said other skin working normally

Upvote 0