• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

3D & Animation Animations Not Triggerin on Custom Weapon

Paultron

Dec 6, 2015
Hello
I've imported a model into the SDK, got it all textured and able to be used in game. Everything looks right in the anim viewer in the SDK. However, when I spawn the weapon in in KF2, it shows the textured model facing 180 degrees in the wrong direction (muzzle back towards player), even though the model is oriented correctly and only plays some animations from the new animset, like equip, fire and walk. It will not play the idle or reloading animations, and will not reload at all when it hits zero even when I hit 'R'. What am I doing wrong?

I'm using a copy of the AK12 skeleton and files.
I ended up figuring out why it was backwards, I hadn't bound the weapon to the skeleton properly- now it faces the right way, it's just the bones are imported all broken like and in wrong positions.
The reloading issue persists, and I've been unable to make any functional notifies on the animset

Upvote 0
And the whole purpose I'm assuming of re importing the mesh files is because you have modified the structure of the weapon itself? Or is it just for a cosmetic change in game? First thing though.. Does your source for the weapon compile?
Example: KFWeap_MYCUSTOMWEAPON_AA12
Spoiler!

Code -highlighted for reload. Animations and mesh references also need to point to any changes. I'm unsure if this helps you at all. I would need more info. Hope maybe this points you in the right direction. Keep at it. ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0