• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Eat Lead underrated?

Coffee009

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 6, 2012
Ohio
I've been using this skill along with the high capacity mags on commando and I'm suprised how much you can rip through hordes with ease. Add on the stumble skill and you can solo anything scrake and below no problem.

An extra benefit with both skills is each ammo drop gives you 2.5x the base magazine worth of ammo, and on the Stoner 63A its 1/3 your ammo capacity.

I know hollow point gives damage and recoil reduction but crouching and aiming seems to give the same benefit; plus with the upgrade system I think eat lead is finally usable on HoE. I had no real problems on a 3 man HoE atleast.

Maybe I'm full of crap but turning every gun into an LMG is fun.

Eat Lead affects what you get from Supplier, so if I'm a commando with a support teammate, I'll almost always choose it, and drown in free ammo, saving loads of dosh. With eat lead, high cap, two commando guns, and planning so you have room to take all the ammo possible, you can usually get about 250 rounds free per wave, up to 388. Don't ditch the AR15 too quickly, it alone gets 200. And that's from any one support, he'll give even more with Resupply Pack. If you've got multiple support teammates, you might as well tape down the left mouse button.

Without support, the benefit to what you get from ammo boxes can help make Eat Lead worthwhile, if you're finding lots of boxes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
For HM401, the capacity is 40 base, 60 high cap, 80 eat lead, 100 both.
For SA80/Ak12/M16/MKb/HM501, it's 30 base, 45 high cap, 60 eat lead, 75 both.
For AR15/SCAR/FAL, it's 20 base, 30 high cap, 40 eat lead, 50 both.
For S63A, it's 75 base, 133 high cap, 150 eat lead, 188 both.
High Cap is +50%, Eat Lead is +100%, both is +150%.
Technically, S63A is the only LMG in KF2, but since there's no overheating or durability gameplay mechanics to the guns in KF2, the assault rifles and battle rifles get especially suitable for sustained fire and "feel like LMGs" with just full auto and a big mag, I'd say anything 50+.

Edit: Anyways, the exciting new thing for commando now is FAL, and eat lead is just not very impressive for it, I think. With that powerful rifle, doubling down on the power with Hollow Points is my preference. For MKb and 501, either skill seems fairly good.

Last edited:
Upvote 0