• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics LoadOut for Each perks

Hi guy, i'm new member here and sorry if my English is bad.

This is my first part of LoadOut video series so i will start a simple common loadout of SWAT featuring P90 and Kriss. In later waves, many people almost buy 3 primary weapons such : P90, Kriss and the last weapon can be MP7 or MP5. After v1050 update, multiperk weapons was added and SWAT have HMTech-201 SMG as a optional choice.

HMTech-201 also have benefits from skills and passives from SWAT perk. While HMTech-201 has low-damage against some medium zeds such as Gorefast, Gorefiend, along with Rapid Assault on LVL25, HMTech-201 is extremely useful in healing others. If zedtime is long enough for SWAT, he can heal a player from half to full health by spamming healing dart. It's also useful in some critical situation when a medic is lure away by crowd of zed or he are busy/can't look after everyone in time.
One last thing, if you want to be useful SWAT by taking care of everyone's HP in Zedtime, don't forget to take HMTech-201 along and using Rapid Assault skill.

This gameplay was recorded in random Asia server with Controlled Difficulty mutator so that's why we keep being overrun by zeds and decided to run around the map. In video, the match isn't over yet, i stopped recording because i think it's enough. At the end, we couldn't win and get wiped on Wave 10 because the admin server ( Medic ) went insane and set fakeplayer to 32, which caused over 700 zeds in late waves.

Btw, i hope you guys enjoy and give me your opinion/ideas about this series

Last edited:
Oh well, it seem that no one have any comments or ideas about my video so i would take #2 post for my second videos. I hope that you guy can enjoy it

I think i shouldn't name this title "LoadOut" but i know there are more people equip 3 Medic weapons such as : HMTech-301, HMTech-401 and HMTech-101 Pistol. An experience field medic would know that he/she just need to equip Medic AR and Medic pistol to heal and that's enough so with weight slot left, there are many choice for off-perk weapon which is helpful "tool" for clearing trash or self-protecting.

" I guess this video is only for who have just started to play Medic, well i think so ".

For me, i choose Double Barrel - Boomstick and it's 2nd in wishlist after i get myself Medic AR. I don't use Boomstick much in this match but first, let's focus on "Full Time - Healing Job". If your decision is going out and focus on healing, then i'm sure that your skills set will be ALL LEFT TREE SKILL - Perfect choice for taking care teammate. Now this is my advice :

- Symbotic Health is extremely useful and sometime you don't need to switch to your Syringe to heal yourself, just keep healing your teammate and your HP will be always full. So don't change this skill, even you decide to be Combat Medic.

- When i choose "Only Healing", it doesn't mean you only heal your teammate, you can also buff their damage/speed or resistance in short time by spamming healing dart like i did in video. Your teammate could have around 5~10% addition damage in 5 second, just by 2 dart and that's helpful enough for him/her to take down a big zeds or he could have temporary additional speed for getting rid of the dangerous situation. So keep spamming your healing dart everytime, it's free and can auto-charge.

- Some "HOT" situation like you see on 0:42, you should ignore all small zed like Clots, Crawler and also Stalker, run around and check your teammate's HP, healing them if they need, buff their damage/speed or resistance.

Alright, i think three advices are helpful enough so i'm going to explain some situation happened in video, this is from public server :

- 2:16 : That GS is cornered by Scrake so i think my Boomstick gonna make it stumble and let that GS have a short seconds to get away. It's also dangerous situation with Gorefast & Gorefiend are already behind.

- 4:19 : I thought the last guy behind were following us to run away from overrun situation but i don't know why he didn't come up with and died at 4:24. Maybe it's my little fault for not looking after stair way all time.

Upvote 0
MrLinh;n2291632 said:
Hi guy, i'm new member here and sorry if my English is bad.

This is my first part of LoadOut video series so i will start a simple common loadout of SWAT featuring P90 and Kriss. In later waves, many people almost buy 3 primary weapons such : P90, Kriss and the last weapon can be MP7 or MP5. After v1050 update, multiperk weapons was added and SWAT have HMTech-201 SMG as a optional choice.

HMTech-201 also have benefits from skills and passives from SWAT perk. While HMTech-201 has low-damage against some medium zeds such as Gorefast, Gorefiend, along with Rapid Assault on LVL25, HMTech-201 is extremely useful in healing others. If zedtime is long enough for SWAT, he can heal a player from half to full health by spamming healing dart. It's also useful in some critical situation when a medic is lure away by crowd of zed or he are busy/can't look after everyone in time.
One last thing, if you want to be useful SWAT by taking care of everyone's HP in Zedtime, don't forget to take HMTech-201 along and using Rapid Assault skill.

This gameplay was recorded in random Asia server with Controlled Difficulty mutator so that's why we keep being overrun by zeds and decided to run around the map. In video, the match isn't over yet, i stopped recording because i think it's enough. At the end, we couldn't win and get wiped on Wave 10 because the admin server ( Medic ) went insane and set fakeplayer to 32, which caused over 700 zeds in late waves.

Btw, i hope you guys enjoy and give me your opinion/ideas about this series

I'll bite. Assuming I'm flush with cash, my ideal SWAT loadout must include the Kriss. Single-shot mode deals with trash and full-auto is excellent against heavies, albeit an ammo hog.

After the Kriss, my weapon choice depends on what my team looks like:
  1. Do I have a medic on the team? If no, then the Medic SMG with the rapid assault skill is something special
  2. Is there sufficient anti-FP perks carrying the right weapons? If no, then I'm carrying a Pulverizer
  3. P90, for the ammo pool
  4. MP7, for being inexplicably fun to use despite not being powerful

Upvote 0

- This loadout is for 6P HoE only and work PERFECTLY in lower difficulty.

- We have 500 Magnum here, for what ? Of course, it's for self-defense and it takes 3 slot in our inventory ( RPG is 9 and C4 is 3, damn ! ). 500 Magnum is best for self-defense anyway, you can one-shot any small zed : clot, crawler, stalker and 2-shot for Gorefast, 1 head-shot for Siren on head, 2 headshot for Bloat, 1 headshor for Gorefiend. Don't forget you are using off-perk weapon and the recoil can make you annoying so beware to shoot a far target and just be easy because you aren't the one clearing all trash zeds. 500 Magnum is your SELF-DEFENSE weapon.

- RPG7 and C4, this couple is for Fleshpound only and you shouldn't worry much if your team has a Support, so you will have totally eight C4 Explosive. So how to deal with FP ? Using your dynamite to stun him first by throwing it directly hit on FP's leg, don't throw it on his head or he will rage immediately, then you just need to stick two C4 on his body. Shoot one 1 rocket with RPG during stun and detonate your two C4 after or before the RPG shot, that is how you take out one FP. Remember, you should practice it on SomeTestMap or... you can killed yourself. lol

- Dealing with Scrake isn't hard as everyone say, use your Magnum ( remember to keep distance from him before shooting ) and shot on his head first then deploy your RPG and get him near enough for not making your rocket explode, knock his head out with one rocket. DONE.

Denks;n2292185 said:
I'll bite. Assuming I'm flush with cash, my ideal SWAT loadout must include the Kriss. Single-shot mode deals with trash and full-auto is excellent against heavies, albeit an ammo hog.

After the Kriss, my weapon choice depends on what my team looks like:
  1. Do I have a medic on the team? If no, then the Medic SMG with the rapid assault skill is something special
  2. Is there sufficient anti-FP perks carrying the right weapons? If no, then I'm carrying a Pulverizer
  3. P90, for the ammo pool
  4. MP7, for being inexplicably fun to use despite not being powerful

Well, Pulverizer is good idea but it could be a risk if medic doesn't focus to heal who are fighting with Big Zeds..

Upvote 0
Hi guys, today is about Firebug

[video=youtube;rApL--TIrVI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rApL--TIrVI[/video]

How to be a boring Firebug ? I mean How-To-Be-Efficient-Firebug.
Nowaday, i see many people complain about how annoying Firebug do in Hell On Earth and the reason is almost about player who don't know how to use fire weapon in right way. They burst the fire on the ground every where and accidentally rage Fleshpound & Scrake and this cause chaos and lost situation control for whole team and wiping out is result. This is main reason why Firebug become being hate in many HoE match.

So how to enjoy Firebug in HoE match and how to avoid those mistake like raging big zeds, i will give some few words as guide from my exprience. In case you don't read or miss this description, just watch my video are also enough to understand how i deal with every kind of situation.

- Because Firebug skill isn't designed for dealing with high threat like Fleshpound & Scrake so by any chance, you should try to stay away from Fleshpound's sight, keep a fine distance with multiple Scrakes. All you need to do is CALLING-FOR-HELP by anyway.
In the video, i almost warn for team about number of big zeds approaching so Sharpy guy dont mind coming to assist us and kill rest of them.

- You are firebug aka Pyro ( as i see, many people love to call this perk by this name ). Your high priority mission is CLEANING-SMALL-ZEDS-AND-MEDIUM-ZEDS A.K.A TRASH ZEDS. So just listen to me and take Flamethrower is your main weapon, second weapon should be Dual Spitfires ( i will explain why later ). You will have 3 slots left, you could buy whatever you want such like a Medic Pistol to be a helpful player or get yourself a katana to parry Fleshpound's rage attack.

- Flamethrower : Trust me, this is best gun for Firebug and forget about Microwave because it won't kill zeds as fast as Flamethrower ( it just pump zed's body bigger and it look fun lol ). Also, Microwave will make zed suffer and run around, it will make your teammate have hard time to aim them so i don't require taking Microwave even Boss Wave.
When using Flamethrower, you don't need to shoot the ground like many Firebug lover do... Trust me, they don't even know what they are doing too lol. Sad but true, ground fire deal only 5 damage ( Microwave ) and 10 damage ( Flamethrower ) so my damn advice is SHOOTING-FIRE-DIRECTLY-ON-ZEDS but remember to tap tap fire it, not spray ( if you don't want to fight with zeds by bashing your gun without ammo ). If you don't mind, just tap the fire on zed's head too, by this way you could kill Bloat very fast.
And about ground fire, is it useless ? No. When should we use it ?
When many zeds are rushing to you from many direction at once, ground fire will stumble them and make them calm the **** down, it will buy you time to burn their face by direct hit.

Here those link can show your some stats about Microwave & Flamethrower, so i have reason to put the Flamethrower in your choose one....
â–ª https://wiki.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?title=Flamethrower_(Killing_Floor_2)
â–ª https://wiki.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?title=Microwave_Gun

- Dual spitfire : Awesome thing you can have in Zed Time along ZED TIME - Pyromaniac skill, you can spread your fire on ground ( it doesn't relate to Ground Blue Fire skill ) and the fire will stay on the ground short time like how Molotov does. Firebug only has 5 Molotov on maximum but if you equip with Dual Spitfires, you will have many Mini-Molotovs power.
Don't miss any second in zed time with Dual Spitfires, just spray your fire every ground but you should take a look to choose the good spot or it will end up some big zeds step in that spot and having fire on their body... lol. In video, i made few mistakes by let big zed on fire too.

- If you handle this loadout well, then i'm sure that you can hold a tight choke point alone without problem except big zeds are coming in your ways. In that case, don't try to fight alone with them, run away and call for help.

At first, i had fun question " How to be an boring firebug "... I think i shouldn't put the word " boring " but actually, when you play as firebug, you see big zeds and you have two choice : raging it with your flamethrower or run away to call for help. Then i guess you guys can figure out the poor feeling of Firebug when he/she must sit in the corner to see other perk taking down Scrake/FP.

Upvote 0
Nice videos and guidelines, I for one was not aware of the swat utility as healer on zed time, good to know.

Swat: I normally carry Kriss + P90 + Medic Pistol so I guess I can heal on zed time just as well.

Demolitionist: I recently tried to carry M79 and M16 just to play with those guns cause I really never tried much and don't like them much on HoE as they are not efficient, the loadout I always carried was RPG + C4+ Deagle and occasionally Medic Pistol.

Firebug: It is a real pain to play and not be able to kill big zeds, as you put it, boring to have to sit out but unless you're willing to spend a lot of ammo and time with MWG it is the right thing to do to just call out other perks to lend a hand. I normally tap on the ground to kill trash rapidly but I guess you have a point, accidents happen so with dual spitfire I would be able to mini-molotov the ground and shoot zeds' body avoiding big zeds easily. It is a great perk for trash and save players from getting swarmed though.
p.s. I love the part on the Firebug's video where you just wait for the Sharp to finish of the scrake, if only most people would do that on pub games.

Nice job dude.

Upvote 0
Thank, it's so rare to see ppl comment on this thread..

- SWAT : Now i don't carry three SMG for SWAT, i almost choose high-end loadout "P90 + HMtech301". Sometime carrying three SMG could make us confused in switching weapon. Example for loadout : Kriss + P90 + Hmtech301, when you are using Kriss and you need to tap button "1" twice to change to Hmtech301 to heal someone, then change back to Kriss to shoot around but your Kriss need to be reloaded, so you must switch again to P90.. Now you can imagine how annoying when we carry 3 Primary Weapons and it also annoys for Support Perk too, i see many Support players carry 3 Primary weapons, i gonna make a next loadout video about Support too.

- Demolitionist : Well, Deagle is fine choice but it's hard for you to finish off Gorefiend, Siren quickly.. I choose Magnum not only about its high damage but penetration is big advantages against crowd of Crawlers, Stalkers. If you pick RPG+C4, then you'll have 3 weight slots left. There is another choice and it's HMtech-301... But you will have 3 primary weapons, just look at how i say about issue with 3 primary weapons.

- Firebug : Well, i have nothing to explain more about my choices.. It's decent choice and i still find anyway to use the Microwave to deal with big zeds efficiently, until that Firebug is still useless against FP/SC.

Upvote 0
Yeah, the twi forums aren't quite what they used to be like in the KF1 days.

This kind of a different topic but yeah the 3 weapon thing is just more proof of why we need customizable keybinds. I love using the hmtech as swat, but whenever I do, I feel like it's too risky to use 3 weapons...so...I do what you do and use p90 + hmtech lol. The worse part is when I misclick and change the firing mode of one of the guns, and I don't realize until I switch back to that gun and try to use it.

Upvote 0
Berserker: Pulverizer + Katana + Medic Pistol + P90

Until the Boss Wave, I have personally found that this setup tends to work the most for me. Anything weaker than the Scrake can easily be shredded by the Katana and the Pulverizer I find is probably one of the best methods of killing Scrake and Fleshpound alike. As for why I picked the P90 and Medic Pistol to fill up the remaining 6 blocks, Gorefiends will shred Berserkers with their spin attack, which in turn makes it prudent to carry a dedicated gorefiend killer in the form of an off-perk weapon. The medic pistol is mainly there because it's pretty much the new KF1 syringe (You'll be seeing me using this a lot regardless of perk).

In the event that the boss is spawning or my team already has a Berserker with the Pulverizer or has enough dudes to kill Fleshpounds, i would instead swap the Katana+Pulv with a Bone Crusher. (In the case of boss wave, i'd sell the P90 for a Medic SMG so as to have a second stack of heals)

But generally speaking, I find that you'll never not want to have a medic pistol (or Medic Cross-perk weapon) when Scrakes start spawning (In fact, my Demo loadout usually ends up becoming P90+RPG+MedPistol)

One loadout that i've been meaning to experiment with the Survivalist though is Stoner+M16+Katana+MedPistol. Sure, it's stupidly expensive, though i imagine that you'd have the Stoner for Crawler swarms, Fleshpounds and Scrakes, the M203 and M16 for mediums, and the Katana for Clots and Stalkers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm only at about level 19.65 right now with the demo perk but I just don't like the C4. I see lots of people using RPG + C4 + some big pistol but I don't feel effective with that loadout. I always end up with RPG + Grenade Launcher + 9mm. I really don't even use the 9mm unless something grabs me. I usually play a support role for my team. I bomb big groups of trash with the GL and take out FP and scrakes with the dynamite/RPG combo. I'm usually always in first or second place for kill count and I really feel like I'm contributing with this loadout. Is there something wrong with me?

Upvote 0
VGames83;n2301288 said:
I'm only at about level 19.65 right now with the demo perk but I just don't like the C4. I see lots of people using RPG + C4 + some big pistol but I don't feel effective with that loadout. I always end up with RPG + Grenade Launcher + 9mm. I really don't even use the 9mm unless something grabs me. I usually play a support role for my team. I bomb big groups of trash with the GL and take out FP and scrakes with the dynamite/RPG combo. I'm usually always in first or second place for kill count and I really feel like I'm contributing with this loadout. Is there something wrong with me?

Honestly, as a Demo you should always be near the top of the scoreboard unless you're doing some derpy off perk shenanigans. :)

As long as you continue to routinely address the FP threats that arise for your team I'd consider it "job done" (Foster voice).

Regarding loadout choices, I personally do not like running the RPG and M79 together - although originally I was very excited about the weight changes that allowed you to do so. That combination leaves you a bit vulnerable to close range threats (yes, I know you can still fire blunt rounds of either weapon). I don't trust the 9mm as a backup for Demo on difficulties above Hard. I like to either take an off perk weapon - a bullpup or p90 - or I just keep the hx25.

It's all personal preference though. Like I said, I wouldn't worry about anything as long as you're taking care of the FP's for your teammates. The rest is all gravy.

Reactions: VGames83
Upvote 0
infntnub;n2301498 said:
Honestly, as a Demo you should always be near the top of the scoreboard unless you're doing some derpy off perk shenanigans. :)

As long as you continue to routinely address the FP threats that arise for your team I'd consider it "job done" (Foster voice).

Regarding loadout choices, I personally do not like running the RPG and M79 together - although originally I was very excited about the weight changes that allowed you to do so. That combination leaves you a bit vulnerable to close range threats (yes, I know you can still fire blunt rounds of either weapon). I don't trust the 9mm as a backup for Demo on difficulties above Hard. I like to either take an off perk weapon - a bullpup or p90 - or I just keep the hx25.

It's all personal preference though. Like I said, I wouldn't worry about anything as long as you're taking care of the FP's for your teammates. The rest is all gravy.

That makes perfect sense. I do feel somewhat vulnerable with my preferred loadout for demo but I usually get a lot of help from team mates. Even without a mic my team mates, even random ones, get the point that I don't have the right tools to take out Zeds at close range. I usually back peddle or run from them while focusing on the biggest groups or the biggest Zeds. They kill them for me and take care of my light weight so to speak while I save their butts over and over from getting overwhelmed or overpowered by a FP. Maybe I'll give the C4 a go again since I can carry more now. Would the HX25 with the RPG and C4 be good enough? I don't want to go off perk with a magnum since I'm still leveling the Demo. Don't want any XP going to any perk except the demo if I can help it.

Upvote 0
VGames83;n2301500 said:
That makes perfect sense. I do feel somewhat vulnerable with my preferred loadout for demo but I usually get a lot of help from team mates. Even without a mic my team mates, even random ones, get the point that I don't have the right tools to take out Zeds at close range. I usually back peddle or run from them while focusing on the biggest groups or the biggest Zeds. They kill them for me and take care of my light weight so to speak while I save their butts over and over from getting overwhelmed or overpowered by a FP. Maybe I'll give the C4 a go again since I can carry more now. Would the HX25 with the RPG and C4 be good enough? I don't want to go off perk with a magnum since I'm still leveling the Demo. Don't want any XP going to any perk except the demo if I can help it.

I normally use RPG + M79 when playing as demo. What I try to do when things are getting too close for comfort is side step (if needed to get an angle) and fire just behind or to the side of them - far enough away so the grenade will detonate, but close enough to catch them in the blast. It's not always possible, but if all else fails a stick of TNT still works... Though I like to save those for stunning Scrakes / putting extra damage onto Fleshpounds quickly. Speaking of Scrakes, you can decap them with the RPG at point blank range once your level is high enough, not ideal, but totally doable if you need to!

Upvote 0
AtomicHotsauce;n2304167 said:
I normally use RPG + M79 when playing as demo. What I try to do when things are getting too close for comfort is side step (if needed to get an angle) and fire just behind or to the side of them - far enough away so the grenade will detonate, but close enough to catch them in the blast. It's not always possible, but if all else fails a stick of TNT still works... Though I like to save those for stunning Scrakes / putting extra damage onto Fleshpounds quickly. Speaking of Scrakes, you can decap them with the RPG at point blank range once your level is high enough, not ideal, but totally doable if you need to!

I play just like this. And yes I use the dynamite+RPG combo kill on the scrake head all the time. Most satisfying kills ever.

Upvote 0
Demo: M79+RPG. Full explosive loadout and I feel it maximizes the demo's potential. M79 is good for general use and makes you really good at crowd control next to Pyros and Commandos. RPG is strictly for big zeds or if I run out of M79 ammo. Any zed that gets close to me I do a tactic carried over from Team Fortress 2: Explosive Jumping. Like Atomic pointed out, best thing to do is fire just behind or to the side of the zeds since the grenades only need a few feet to detonate. Won't harm you much (barely), but not the case for the zeds, especially since the M79 and RPG have a wide blast radius. Of course, your weight capacity will be completely full but it shouldn't be a problem. Also sometimes I don't dynamite the scrakes at first since I save them for Fleshpounds, but if you're quick enough you can dud him in the face before he swings.

When the boss wave comes, I still carried the same loadout, but now I carry C4 in place of the M79 to stick them to the bosses and detonate when needed.

Zerk: I tend to stick with one weapon at a time since I'm always melee oriented. Grab katana by wave two, then by 3 or 4, grab the bone crusher and smack everything to pieces. If the team kinda small and depending on the map, I'll go for katana + eviscerator. I skip the pulverizor since people only use it for fleshpounds, but a decent zerk with the bone crusher can kill them just as well. Boss wave, I'll use the evis full stop, unless I'm feeling ballsy and decide to keep the bone crusher. Did it a couple times and survived.

Support: Varies between players due to the number of options. Before the HZ-12 was added, I normally went with the AA-12 and M4, using the incendiary shotgun as a stepping stone. Then I switched to the Boomstick, Medic Shotgun and M4. Now I use the boomstick, HZ-12, and M4/medic shotgun (medic shotgun only if the team is having issues with healing). This lets me be versatile for taking out trash and big zeds while also healing. Boomstick of course for big guys, HZ-12 can also kill big zeds too since it's like a mini-AA-12 with that damage. M4 has enough damage to kill anything at this point too. I don't use support for boss waves as much since the guns don't do as much damage as I would like, but I do use AA-12 and boomstick in both senarios.

Pyro: I use the flamethrower a lot these days, and on higher difficulties I used it in conjuction with the fire shotgun. I never used the spitfires since the shotgun had good enough aim. It's also useful for helping kill the last big zeds at the end of a wave. Now these days, I stick with caulk and burn with the flamethrower for a pure fire spewing loadout. Thankfully, I'm not like most Pyros who set off big zeds. I just run like hell and order someone to take care of it. I also don't like Pyros who use the MWG because of how poor it is compared to the flamethrower. Sure, it does more damage to zeds carrying metal but you want fleshpounds to be dead in a few seconds, not half a minute. Yet, such guys think they'll be good to deal with the big zeds, distracting them from their MAIN job which is to burn all the trash away.

Snipers: I like being versatile in everything, so I go with the M14 and Centerfire. I used to pair it with the crossbow until that gun was added. I know some snipers prefer to use the Railgun for big zeds, but nothing short of freezing them then popping their heads will kill them. It takes half a clip to kill a scrake and a full clip of the M14 to kill a fleshpound. Centerfire does a good job with this too. Boss wave I take rail gun because of the damage needed.

Gunslinger: I like going guns akimbo since that's the intended purpose of that perk, so I get two of each pistol. The M1911s are good with trash, with the Deagles in the middle and the Magnums at the top. Only use the magnums for big zeds with deagles being used for both trash and big zeds.

Upvote 0
Dr. Lethal;n2304599 said:
Support: Varies between players due to the number of options. Before the HZ-12 was added, I normally went with the AA-12 and M4, using the incendiary shotgun as a stepping stone. Then I switched to the Boomstick, Medic Shotgun and M4. Now I use the boomstick, HZ-12, and M4/medic shotgun (medic shotgun only if the team is having issues with healing). This lets me be versatile for taking out trash and big zeds while also healing. Boomstick of course for big guys, HZ-12 can also kill big zeds too since it's like a mini-AA-12 with that damage. M4 has enough damage to kill anything at this point too. I don't use support for boss waves as much since the guns don't do as much damage as I would like, but I do use AA-12 and boomstick in both senarios.

I don't think a lot of people realize just how similar the damage output for the HZ-12 and AA-12 are... it almost makes me scratch my head a bit lol. That's a good note to include though.

Upvote 0