• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics What is the best Zerk skill tree for the Bone Crusher?

It's situational what is "best".

Always take: 20-L, 25-R

5-10-15 are situational. If you go all R for damage, a 6pHoE FP takes 6 hard attacks. If you put in some L skills for increased survivability the hits to kill increase only to 7.
Same with scrakes. The difference is just one hit. It's 3 with the right side damage skills and 4 with the left side survivability skills.

So the question is what the situation requires. Do you need increased mobility? Do you need resistance to sit in gas clouds?

Upvote 0
Skirmirsher over Dreadnought. Health regen + faster movement > just more health. (Level 5)

Butcher over Vampirism. Vampirism really helps when there is no medic to heal you and in tight close quarter combat but since you want maximum damage, go with Butcher. (Level 10)

Parry over Resistance. Resistance is great, but no extra damage (Level 15)

Smash over Massacre. Smash definitely deals more damage since it increases the heavy hit damage. Massacre is awesome though and makes the light attacks really deadly. (Level 20)

Spartan over Berserker Rage. (Level 25)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Bluntman420;n2284949 said:
Skirmirsher over Dreadnought. Health regen + faster movement > just more health. (Level 5)

Butcher over Vampirism. Vampirism really helps when there is no medic to heal you and in tight close quarter combat but since you want maximum damage, go with Butcher. (Level 10)

Parry over Resistance. Resistance is great, but no extra damage (Level 15)

Smash over Massacre. Smash definitely deals more damage since it increases the heavy hit damage. Massarcre is awesome though and makes the light attacks really deadly. (Level 20)

Spartan over Berserker Rage. (Level 25)

Since he's asking for greatest damage while also maintaining maximum survivability I would suggest one change - flip to the level 25 berserker rage skill. After wave 3 I typically do Dreadnought/Butcher/Resistance/Smash/Rage.

However, if there are no medics I usually go the same path as you with the level 5 skill and opt for Skirmisher. The speed and regen help offset the lack of heals.

Upvote 0
infntnub;n2284970 said:
Since he's asking for greatest damage while also maintaining maximum survivability I would suggest one change - flip to the level 25 berserker rage skill. After wave 3 I typically do Dreadnought/Butcher/Resistance/Smash/Rage.

However, if there are no medics I usually go the same path as you with the level 5 skill and opt for Skirmisher. The speed and regen help offset the lack of heals.

I guess yeah since they get the extra health and zeds run away. The zeds running away thing has always caused more problems for me and just annoys me, so I guess I'm biased against it :p. Spartan would help maximum damage because of the extra attack speed and moving in zed time is great for survivability. So it's more your choice on that, survivability over damage? or vice versa, either way, you'll do fine.

Upvote 0
Bluntman420;n2285016 said:
I guess yeah since they get the extra health and zeds run away. The zeds running away thing has always caused more problems for me and just annoys me, so I guess I'm biased against it :p. Spartan would help maximum damage because of the extra attack speed and moving in zed time is great for survivability. So it's more your choice on that, survivability over damage? or vice versa, either way, you'll do fine.

I totally agree on the level 25 skill - it just sounds like I've had more positive experiences with the Rage skill lol. The smile I get on my face when I feel myself being overwhelmed as zed time hits.. priceless. :)

But yeah, you can't really go wrong with Spartan either.

Upvote 0