Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Privay Policy Update

We’ve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We’ve incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We’ve added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: http://tripwireinteractive.com/policies/privacy-notice
2 of 2 < >

Forum Rules

CHANGES
  • Items changed, or highlighted for future attention, on 20 July 2013 are highlighted in yellow.

Global Rules
  • Forum moderators may or may not be Tripwire Interactive staff members, but either way, please respect them, as they are the authority of the forums. Speaking to them with intentional spite will not be tolerated and may result in the loss of your forum privileges.
  • Any decisions made by any member of staff or moderator are final and not subject to discussion. Doing so may result in a ban from the site. The owners of Tripwire Interactive Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason, as well as to remove access to the forums for any individuals with or without warning for breaches of the rules.
  • If you have a complaint regarding another user, PM the appropriate moderators, or if you have an administrative issue, [RO]schneidzekk.

General Behaviour
  • Use the search function before posting. Chances are your question has already been answered.
  • Use a title that describes the content of your post. Don't use all caps or special characters to draw attention either in the title or the body of the post.
  • Up to 10 emoticons are allowed in a post
  • Political discussions are prohibited.
  • Flaming - We do not tolerate abusive, malicious, personal attacks. You will be banned if you persist in this behavior.
  • Trolls - Anyone deliberately antagonizing other forum users by posting 'flame bait' type messages is not welcome. You will be banned (possibly without warning depending on the severity of the issue) if you persist in this behavior.
  • Personal insults (directed at anyone) will result in a ban. If the behavior is not corrected, it will be made more permanent.
  • Constructive criticism is welcome. However keep in mind we (and other forums goers) may not agree with you. If you can't keep the conversation civil, you will be removed from the forums.
  • The use of hyperbole, one liners, and images as part of a forum debate is likely to get you infracted. You have many ways to participate and be a constructive part of this community, even when you disagree.
  • To make the highlighted bits above 100% clear to everyone, the following WILL NOT BE TOLERATED:
    1. Personal attacks, insults, antagonism of any forum-goers, moderators or Tripwire Interactive staff.
    2. Name Shaming and Public "Witch Hunts" are also not allowed.
    3. Breaches of confidentiality and privacy of any sort.
    4. Any form of racism, bigotry or attacks on race, creed or color.
    5. Linking to posts on other forums related to ANY of the above, whether you are the originator or not, without exception.

• There has been too much in the way of abhorrent personal behaviors in the past. These will cease. It doesn't matter who started it or who reacted to it - it will all result in moderator action. If you have to indulge your hatreds, for whatever reason, go do it elsewhere - and do not try and drag our forum-goers over to enjoy your hatreds.
  • We understand that people have strong feelings about our games, what we do for a living and how we respond (or don't) to comments on the forums. We all aren't going to agree about everything. So, BE CIVIL in your disagreements!

DO NOTs
  • DO NOT Transmit any message, information, data, text, software or graphic files, or other materials ("Content") that is unlawful (including illegal drug usage), harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, hateful or racially, ethnically, sexually or otherwise objectionable. This includes publicizing private information, such as individual's real names, IP addresses and anything else that might be used to identify them to the freakier members of the internet. This also means you may NOT publically share private communications (PM, email or anything else) without the original poster's permission.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any Content that contains a virus, Trojan horse or other mischievous Content.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes" or any other form of solicitation.
  • DO NOT link to posts on any other forums, or any other form of media, that breaches our rules. It will be treated just the same as if you had posted it here.
  • DO NOT Double Post, cross Post, "necro post" or restart closed threads.
  • DO NOT Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, rule or regulation.
  • DO NOT Upload or transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ("Rights") of any party.
  • DO NOT post cheats or exploits; THIS INCLUDES ALL/ANY REFERENCES TO HACKING, PIRATED SOFTWARE etc.
  • DO NOT complain about being banned from a server and DO NOT complain about other players on servers - that is between you and the admin, no need to get the community involved.

Username, Avatar and Signature Rules
  • Multiple registrations result in a ban.
  • No offensive user names
  • All signatures should not exceed the following size limits, you can have both text and images
  • - For text signatures: 4 lines normal size, 8 lines small size and up to 100 chars per line. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. (Blank lines count as lines.)
  • - For images in signatures: 1 image up to 400 pixels wide, 150 pixels tall and 100kb in size plus 2 lines normal size text and up to 100 chars per line
Netiquette: Written text has no inflection, and, as such, you should be careful how you write your messages as interpretation will vary from person to person. Please take advantage of the built-in emoticons to add such expression to your words. Please remember the golden rule: to treat other forum users the way you would like to be treated. Please use common courtesy, and enjoy using Red Orchestra's forums
Offensive material
The following is a list of some things that MAY be considered "offensive" by the moderators and the team. This is NOT an exclusive list and it does depend very much on context.

Crossing the line into "offensive" territory is likely to get you asked to change your name, sig or avatar or to withdraw/delete posts. This will be done politely by the moderators. If you refuse to comply further action WILL be taken once started, ultimately leading to banning from the forums.

A key point: please attempt to use your brains. What is mild humour to you may well be deeply offensive to others. While we have no intention of acting as politically-correct "thought police", we are on the lookout for those things that can cause offense and, in some cases, are actually still illegal in some jurisdictions.
  1. Names recalling notorious war criminals or personalities.
  2. Names recalling atrocities and war crimes in general, or units with particularly odious histories.
  3. Use of obscenities and expletives.
  4. Blatant racism, mysogynism or many other "ism"s.
  5. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Nazism or Fascism; this does not include pics of soldiers who happen to have such symbols on their uniform, unless we feel this has been done to provoke. Please note that many Nazi symbols (including the Swastika) are still illegal in Germany and other countries and considered deeply offensive by many Europeans.
  6. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Stalinism.
  7. On both the previous two, the moderators' views on the intention and impact of use of such symbols will be final - not yours. Please be understanding if you are advised to change something.
  8. In general, if a sig/avatar represents your allegiances in-game and is clearly "in part", it is likely to be fine; if the moderators feel you are trying to demonstrate unpalatable political allegiances, or to use it in an attempt to ridicule or provoke others you WILL be asked to change it. RO is NOT the place to make any extremist political statements of any kind.

Examples:
So people get the idea, some examples that would be considered offensive, numbered as above:
  1. "Hitler", "Beria"
  2. "NKVD Blocking Detachment", "Einsatzgruppen"
  3. This one should be pretty obvious...
  4. So should this - and it includes calling all Germans "Nazis" and all Soviets/Russians "Commies". It got boring 50 years ago, so stop it.
  5. Use of swastikas, fasces, SS-runes and so on for the Axis.
  6. There is actually very little overt symbolism from the Stalinist era; the hammer-and-sickle isn't offensive per se.

A simple rule-of-thumb: many Europeans find Nazi symbolism of any sort offensive; many Americans still find Soviet symbolism offensive. Engage your brain before using.

Final Note: this is NOT open to debate, so please do NOT start whining and moaning if a moderator asks you to change something. They will advise at first, giving reasons, then, if you take no notice, they will step up the pressure through to banning.
See more
See less

Field Medic: Re-tiering most of the weapons

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Field Medic: Re-tiering most of the weapons

Because the Medic SMG is in a very awkward spot (it essentially consolidates the MP7 and Medic Pistol down to 3 blocks), perhaps these changes are in order? Also, i don't know if i agree with the HMTECH501 being Tier 5.

Also, because things are being moved around, expect suggestions for New Weapons

HMTECH101 Medic Pistol
    No changes

New Weapon: HMTECH-XL Blowerthrower
    Perks: Field Medic, Firebug
    Price: $650
    Heal amount (Direct Hit with flame impacts): 4HP
    Ground fires will never heal players
    Barring the above stats, this weapon would mostly be identical to the Caulk n' Burn

New Weapon: Syringe Revolver
    Perks: Field Medic, Sharpshooter, Gunslinger
    Damage: 105 Ballistic_Rifle, 55 Poison
    Cylinder capacity: 5 (Dunno how big the reserve should be tbh)
    Weight: 6
    Other (1): Uses ammunition to heal, and syringes do not home to players. To compensate for this, the syringe darts have a small AoE field similar to the Spitfires.
    Healing: 20 on dart explosion, 20 on direct hit (maximum healing of 40)
    Other (2): Scrakes have a 1.35x weakness to this weapon's ballistic damage, and fleshpounds a 1.1 weakness (this should bring damage values closer to the Centerfire)

Rather than being a revolving pistol, i think a revolver for the Field Medic would be better suited as a rifle. Bonus points if it's a junk metal weapon like the Spitfires, Pulverizer and Bone Crusher

Tier 3: HMTECH201 Medic SMG
    Price increased to $1000
    Damage increased to 25 Ballistic_Shotgun (was 15 Ballistic_SMG)
    Weight increased to 4

HMTECH301 Medic Shotgun
    No changes

Hemogoblin
    You guys already know what i think about this if you saw my other thread.

HMTECH401 Medic Assault Rifle
    No changes

Tier 4: HMTECH501 Medic Assault Rifle
    Price decreased to $1500.
    Upgrade to Level 1: 1.3x Damage scale
    All other stats remain the same

New Weapon: Alsetex Cougar Grenade Launcher
    Perks: Field Medic, Demolitionist
    Price: $2000
    Weight: 9 Blocks
    Ammo: 5+35
    Damage (Grenade Impact): 120
    Damage (Grenade Explosion): 120
    No minimum safe distance
    Explodes into Medic Grenade gas

French grenade launcher prototype. This particular model as been modified by Horzine Biotech so as to fire Medic Grenades. The total damage per grenade would be closer to the HX-25 Grenade Pistol, but has a much faster reload than the M32 and can heal people.
    Last edited by flashn00b; 12-15-2018, 10:03 PM.

I never thought the SMG was OP... Far from it in fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Aleflippy View Post
      I never thought the SMG was OP... Far from it in fact.
      Yes, i am aware that the Medic SMG is often considered to be a bad weapon, but the problem with simply buffing it would be that if it was a 20 damage weapon, it'd make the MP5 useless even if it was a 4 block weapon.

My response to this dilemma is to forget about Tier 2 entirely. Sure, 25_BallisticShotgun would deal similar damage to 25_BallisticSMG, but the difference in damage type would allow a Tier 3 Medic SMG to be more effective against Husks, Sirens and Gorefasts than the MP5. However, being a 25 damage weapon means that it won't necessarily outclass the other Tier 3 submachine guns.

Should the Medic SMG become a Tier 3 weapon...

Mac-10 and Medic SMG would both be lighter than the P90 and UMP-45
      Mac-10 has Damage over Time
      Medic SMG heals
      P90 has the largest magazine
      UMP45 has the highest damage
      Last edited by flashn00b; 12-17-2018, 04:02 AM.

Comment

As a SWAT who always has a medi smg on hand I do not like the changes. Its insane clip size with nice ammo carry and its accuracy offset by Tactical Movement would be a huge loss for my willpower to play SWAT

Comment

HM201 and HM401 both share a function of shooting bullets full auto, while being in the line of medguns that are very samey in looks and animations, so without a meaningful gap in power, they would feel awfully redundant. So I'd prefer HM201 to remain quite weak, and keep the benefit of being exceptionally light weight. Most players are unimpressed with that, so maybe adjust the price so they can at least see it as worth the money, for 500Ð?
          New medguns of 4-6 weight would help Medics utilize the light weight of the HM201, allowing it to fit as a third gun alongside two possibly better ones, a role that some SWATs already appreciate the HM201 for.

The blowerthrower returning with healing abilities, they'd need to be careful with that, for teammates' sake. The graphical effects of the spray would need to be really subdued, at least in second person, in order for a spray of liquid specifically aimed at you while you're trying to aim to not be really annoying.
          A sharp/medic rifle is something I do really want, but I'm less enthused with the other details. A third of the damage being headshot-ineligible poison isn't a good match to sharpshooter, and despite gunslinger already having the levers, and it being a revolver, giving the handgun perk another rifle seems misfitting to me.
          An Alsetex Cougar with a medical Horzine twist could be a good fit. Maybe more all-at-once damage and healing from its explosions, compared to the lasting gas the 501's medic grenades and the medic hand grenades offer, for some more variety, and matching its demo crossperk a bit better?

New weapons, especially fictional, shouldn't waste the chance to have altfire do something.
          Maybe the horzine-modified cougar could have an altfire of bursting the chambered medgrenade without launching it, instead making a blast of gas directed forward, short range. This directed blast could do a lot of healing and a lot of staggering, for when you want to focus on either one critical patient, or one big zed too close for comfort. To match having this mode, a conical muzzle device could be added to horzine's cougar.
          Blowerthrower2.0 could just have shotgun-like splashes again, or it could mist radially like airborne agent, or something.

A specialty I'd like to see for a new medic item would be some instant effect. The current medguns just queue up however much health for the patient to restore, which then applies only at 10hp per second. Or at least it's something like that. If a new item could instantly apply some health, that could be an interesting benefit for healing teammates while they're still in danger. We've already somewhat seen how nice this is, in KF2's development. Good riddance to armor healing, but I'd welcome back the detail of darts instantly doing something, if that were health instead of armor, on a new medic item balanced for that bonus.
          A sharp/medic dart rifle could be a good candidate for instant effect healing, and/or the cougar altfire focused gas blast I suggested.

Comment

Am i the only one that just finds no use for the hm201?

Not only is it lower damage than the pistol, but its syringe cost is identical to the pistol as well. Its only trump card for swat is that you can spam those syringes in zed time and thats it.
            ​​​​​​idk how can someone even find it overpowered.
            For me personally right now the gun is just there like vlad... Its an option... But is it worth the money for one wave?

Also, can we not just make every new weapon a crossperk? Or even making medic a power class in the first place?

It's support class thats primary job to keep teammates and himself alive, while (prefferably) having tools to assist with taking down bigger zeds... In which adding hemoglobin was good decision in the right direction... But its clunckyness left a sour taste, as its slow on reload, icon for a debuf is barrely visible and it can't debuff the raged fleshpound which is quite an absurd. That piece of meat is pumping so much adrenalin while in rage that it would actually debuf the thing even quicker.
            ​​​​​​
            Adding a pacifier effect into the syringes with a hefty cooldown would make a powerful addition, to de-rage fleshpounds or scrakes (if the thing would work properly) that would otherwise either wipe some of your team (or whole) or save your own butt.

Also, it's TWI's fault for designing medic in a way where he gets 99% of its xp through killing zeds, rather than healing m8's.
            Creating a mental state where players now crave for more dmg just to make leveling up process less of a pain in the butt.

Comment

Originally posted by s5yn3t View Post
              Am i the only one that just finds no use for the hm201?

Not only is it lower damage than the pistol, but its syringe cost is identical to the pistol as well. Its only trump card for swat is that you can spam those syringes in zed time and thats it.
              ​​​​​​idk how can someone even find it overpowered.
              For me personally right now the gun is just there like vlad... Its an option... But is it worth the money for one wave?
              I feel that way about every tier 2. There is never really a time I bother buying them.

Either save for a tier 3 (or better), or maybe even put some money into upgrading your tier 1. Some of the T1 guns give a nice return on a single upgrade. Most wont bother spending 500 on that though, either.

Comment

Originally posted by infntnub View Post

I feel that way about every tier 2. There is never really a time I bother buying them.
                Thats a false statement tho.
                1911, m79, l85, boomstick, katana, fire axe, centerfire. Those are all great T2 weapons.
                its just that medic, pyro and swat have meh of a T2 weaponry.

(+ you're a huge fan of mp5 yourself :3)
                ​​​​​​

Comment

1911, m79, l85, boomstick, katana, fire axe, centerfire. Those are all great T2 weapons.

​​​​​​
                  I used the mp5 when I had a precious lol. The only gun I carry on Swat now is the p90 and the rest is just derpy nonsense usually like a freezethrower.

Boomstick and Katana were once favorites of mine but I never carry neither of them now with the current weapons available.

There's really no need to buy these weapons anymore from what I can tell.

Comment

This edit system bro... I swear.

My pending post:
                    I used the mp5 when I had a precious lol. The only gun I carry on Swat now is the p90 and the rest is just derpy nonsense usually like a freezethrower.

Boomstick and Katana were once favorites of mine but I never carry neither of them now with the current weapons available.

Comment

Originally posted by infntnub View Post

katana + big axe + med pistol is really viable... As i no longer trust zwei and pulv to do the job... They feel off

and cmon, boomstick is still a reliable weapon that can deal with scrakes easily. Doomstick is such a hot garbage tho, it should do twice the damage to scrake's head when you alt fire, right?
                      yet i end up getting my pillows smacked because it feels like you're shooting nerf darta rather than the actual pellets.

Annnnd we should stop here because we are going off-topic ^^

Comment

​​​​​​
                        IMO, i feel like Tripwire should just forget about Tier 2 in regards to the Medic SMG. Balancing around Tier 3 would allow the gun to become a better gun without making the MP5 useless. Additionally, a change in damage type could allow the same damage number to do more with different enemy types.

Hence why i also suggested a revolving rifle and the Blowerthrower for Tier 2 weapons
                        Last edited by flashn00b; 12-19-2018, 02:01 PM.

Comment

​​​​​​
                          I'm sorry? Both the spitfire and trenchgun are ludicrous. I'd argue that the firebug is the only perk without a bad weapon.

Comment

Doomstick just makes me feel sad when I carry a Boomstick now

That was once an offperk standby of mine - loved carrying on Demo, Firebug, or Medic as a backup oh crap type of weapon.

I really don't find myself using that anymore.

Katana is great if you drop a few upgrades into it, but I'd rather either upgrade the crovel or wait and buy my bone crusher later.

And yes... we are way off topic. I'll stop too. Sorry OP

Comment

Working...
                            X