Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Privay Policy Update

We’ve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We’ve incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We’ve added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: http://tripwireinteractive.com/policies/privacy-notice
2 of 2 < >

Forum Rules

CHANGES
  • Items changed, or highlighted for future attention, on 20 July 2013 are highlighted in yellow.

Global Rules
  • Forum moderators may or may not be Tripwire Interactive staff members, but either way, please respect them, as they are the authority of the forums. Speaking to them with intentional spite will not be tolerated and may result in the loss of your forum privileges.
  • Any decisions made by any member of staff or moderator are final and not subject to discussion. Doing so may result in a ban from the site. The owners of Tripwire Interactive Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason, as well as to remove access to the forums for any individuals with or without warning for breaches of the rules.
  • If you have a complaint regarding another user, PM the appropriate moderators, or if you have an administrative issue, [RO]schneidzekk.

General Behaviour
  • Use the search function before posting. Chances are your question has already been answered.
  • Use a title that describes the content of your post. Don't use all caps or special characters to draw attention either in the title or the body of the post.
  • Up to 10 emoticons are allowed in a post
  • Political discussions are prohibited.
  • Flaming - We do not tolerate abusive, malicious, personal attacks. You will be banned if you persist in this behavior.
  • Trolls - Anyone deliberately antagonizing other forum users by posting 'flame bait' type messages is not welcome. You will be banned (possibly without warning depending on the severity of the issue) if you persist in this behavior.
  • Personal insults (directed at anyone) will result in a ban. If the behavior is not corrected, it will be made more permanent.
  • Constructive criticism is welcome. However keep in mind we (and other forums goers) may not agree with you. If you can't keep the conversation civil, you will be removed from the forums.
  • The use of hyperbole, one liners, and images as part of a forum debate is likely to get you infracted. You have many ways to participate and be a constructive part of this community, even when you disagree.
  • To make the highlighted bits above 100% clear to everyone, the following WILL NOT BE TOLERATED:
    1. Personal attacks, insults, antagonism of any forum-goers, moderators or Tripwire Interactive staff.
    2. Name Shaming and Public "Witch Hunts" are also not allowed.
    3. Breaches of confidentiality and privacy of any sort.
    4. Any form of racism, bigotry or attacks on race, creed or color.
    5. Linking to posts on other forums related to ANY of the above, whether you are the originator or not, without exception.

• There has been too much in the way of abhorrent personal behaviors in the past. These will cease. It doesn't matter who started it or who reacted to it - it will all result in moderator action. If you have to indulge your hatreds, for whatever reason, go do it elsewhere - and do not try and drag our forum-goers over to enjoy your hatreds.
  • We understand that people have strong feelings about our games, what we do for a living and how we respond (or don't) to comments on the forums. We all aren't going to agree about everything. So, BE CIVIL in your disagreements!

DO NOTs
  • DO NOT Transmit any message, information, data, text, software or graphic files, or other materials ("Content") that is unlawful (including illegal drug usage), harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, hateful or racially, ethnically, sexually or otherwise objectionable. This includes publicizing private information, such as individual's real names, IP addresses and anything else that might be used to identify them to the freakier members of the internet. This also means you may NOT publically share private communications (PM, email or anything else) without the original poster's permission.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any Content that contains a virus, Trojan horse or other mischievous Content.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes" or any other form of solicitation.
  • DO NOT link to posts on any other forums, or any other form of media, that breaches our rules. It will be treated just the same as if you had posted it here.
  • DO NOT Double Post, cross Post, "necro post" or restart closed threads.
  • DO NOT Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, rule or regulation.
  • DO NOT Upload or transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ("Rights") of any party.
  • DO NOT post cheats or exploits; THIS INCLUDES ALL/ANY REFERENCES TO HACKING, PIRATED SOFTWARE etc.
  • DO NOT complain about being banned from a server and DO NOT complain about other players on servers - that is between you and the admin, no need to get the community involved.

Username, Avatar and Signature Rules
  • Multiple registrations result in a ban.
  • No offensive user names
  • All signatures should not exceed the following size limits, you can have both text and images
  • - For text signatures: 4 lines normal size, 8 lines small size and up to 100 chars per line. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. (Blank lines count as lines.)
  • - For images in signatures: 1 image up to 400 pixels wide, 150 pixels tall and 100kb in size plus 2 lines normal size text and up to 100 chars per line
Netiquette: Written text has no inflection, and, as such, you should be careful how you write your messages as interpretation will vary from person to person. Please take advantage of the built-in emoticons to add such expression to your words. Please remember the golden rule: to treat other forum users the way you would like to be treated. Please use common courtesy, and enjoy using Red Orchestra's forums
Offensive material
The following is a list of some things that MAY be considered "offensive" by the moderators and the team. This is NOT an exclusive list and it does depend very much on context.

Crossing the line into "offensive" territory is likely to get you asked to change your name, sig or avatar or to withdraw/delete posts. This will be done politely by the moderators. If you refuse to comply further action WILL be taken once started, ultimately leading to banning from the forums.

A key point: please attempt to use your brains. What is mild humour to you may well be deeply offensive to others. While we have no intention of acting as politically-correct "thought police", we are on the lookout for those things that can cause offense and, in some cases, are actually still illegal in some jurisdictions.
  1. Names recalling notorious war criminals or personalities.
  2. Names recalling atrocities and war crimes in general, or units with particularly odious histories.
  3. Use of obscenities and expletives.
  4. Blatant racism, mysogynism or many other "ism"s.
  5. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Nazism or Fascism; this does not include pics of soldiers who happen to have such symbols on their uniform, unless we feel this has been done to provoke. Please note that many Nazi symbols (including the Swastika) are still illegal in Germany and other countries and considered deeply offensive by many Europeans.
  6. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Stalinism.
  7. On both the previous two, the moderators' views on the intention and impact of use of such symbols will be final - not yours. Please be understanding if you are advised to change something.
  8. In general, if a sig/avatar represents your allegiances in-game and is clearly "in part", it is likely to be fine; if the moderators feel you are trying to demonstrate unpalatable political allegiances, or to use it in an attempt to ridicule or provoke others you WILL be asked to change it. RO is NOT the place to make any extremist political statements of any kind.

Examples:
So people get the idea, some examples that would be considered offensive, numbered as above:
  1. "Hitler", "Beria"
  2. "NKVD Blocking Detachment", "Einsatzgruppen"
  3. This one should be pretty obvious...
  4. So should this - and it includes calling all Germans "Nazis" and all Soviets/Russians "Commies". It got boring 50 years ago, so stop it.
  5. Use of swastikas, fasces, SS-runes and so on for the Axis.
  6. There is actually very little overt symbolism from the Stalinist era; the hammer-and-sickle isn't offensive per se.

A simple rule-of-thumb: many Europeans find Nazi symbolism of any sort offensive; many Americans still find Soviet symbolism offensive. Engage your brain before using.

Final Note: this is NOT open to debate, so please do NOT start whining and moaning if a moderator asks you to change something. They will advise at first, giving reasons, then, if you take no notice, they will step up the pressure through to banning.
See more
See less

Personal thoughts on the state of KF2 (Letter to Tripwire)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HoE] Personal thoughts on the state of KF2 (Letter to Tripwire)

(Sorry everyone here reading this for this wall of text and if it's too 'sentimental', but I feel its time I share my opinion after being part of this community for so long).

Dear Tripwire,

I loved Killing Floor 1 and love Killing Floor 2 with all of my heart and have over 5k hours in Killing Floor 1 and over 2k in Killing Floor 2. These games and my friends are a major part of my life that got me through some rough times in the real world. I'll always support these games and Tripwire. This is honestly my first time posting on any type of forums and I'm normally not one to do this to complain about a game I care for dearly, however a lot of my friends that I enjoyed playing these games with have quit for numerous reasons like balance issues and the game being too easy or boring. For example with bosses like 'The Patriarch' never surviving his first heal due to us just spamming grenades like stun or freeze nades right before he's about to run off for his first heal. Abomination (Krampus for this update), feels too easy because everyone can just out run him while shooting him until he is dead.

My fellow Killing Floor friends and I also feel current Berserker is a little too powerful especially with this new Tier 5 Axe introduced in this most recent beta (not referring to the new KF1 Axe). It can 1-2 shot a Scrake or 2-4 shot a Flesh Pound in the head give or take on Hell on Earth difficulty with 6-9 players (Health scaled normally) with Medic damage buffs. Also while on the subject of perks in general, medics normally live the longest due to their survivability and a lot of players just end up playing Medic for said survivabilty rather then trying to sustain and support the team. Granted, I do understand the perks have to be viable for single player as well, but this game is meant to be a cooperative team-working experience.

Some of my older KF friends wont even touch KF2 anymore if at all which really saddens me. They quit playing the game for reasons like listed above or things like disliking the E.D.A.R.s for various reasons and don't bother with reading the lore so they don't understand why E.D.A.R.s are even in the game. There is more minor things I could list here like versus, weapon upgrading, and crashes, but I don't want to take up any more of your time. I understand Tripwire is a busy and a fairly small company.

I hope on the behalf of myself and most importantly my fellow Killing Floor 2 friends that you read and understand this feedback and take it all into consideration with further updates. Kicking Zed butt and making friends from this community is what I cherish dearly. I appreciate that you took your valuable time to read this if so.

Thanks! ~

Sincerely Fluga<3 (and my Fam Squad of loving friends)

P.S. Zeds currently often get stuck in both of the newest maps like E.D.A.R.s on the community map and there are some major frame drops for a lot of us when near the Cart in Santa's Lair while it is moving.

P.S. P.S. Would it be possible to add a button in the menu/escape screen for players to give feedback and report bugs found in the beta versions of the game rather then just having to post in the forums at some point?

Totally agree with those. I've posted on most of all of those points multiple times. And like you, I have over 2000 hours. So my thoughts on them:

The Patriarch early death- While allowing players to ping pong Patty around (by getting in his face before he runs off and taking a hit so he'll run to the next exit/player) is fun and makes for a good strategy to take him out, the Patriarch shouldn't be able to be killed that easily and quickly, especially in the first phases.
    I'd suggest having Patty inject himself with a syringe immediately after 5 seconds from being blocked from an exit (after he has taken a swing at a player). And to keep the ping pong Patty strategy alive and useful, place a fixed amount of health Patty recovers from the syringes (say 80% of his health), so if you're able to ping pong him, the damage you do in that time will at least have had some purpose and make it a useful strategy as he wouldn't recover to full health.

Abomination- Even with the buffs he's far too easy as a boss. The buffs didn't address the underlying issue with Abomination, which is that he doesn't have any long range damage and there is nothing in the fight that slows players down, allowing him to catch up.
    He needs a rework, not straight buffs to movement speed (as increasing his movement speed further would only make him incredibly overpowered since he does a lot of damage when in range).
    I've made two different suggestions to make him an interesting/challenging boss fight (keep in mind you'd probably have to bring his movement speed back to pre-patch levels for these to be viable).
    1. Make him somewhat of a DPS race. Toxic clouds do not despawn and remain indefinitely through the boss fight. You can avoid toxic clouds from spawning by killing the abomination spawns that create them before they explode. You can also slow him down by stumbling him and/or throwing a grenade in his mouth when he goes to consume, knocking him down. If players haven't killed him by the time they've looped around the map, they'll then have very little space to maneuver with toxic clouds all over the map, which makes it easier for him to catch up to players/harder to find pathways where you can avoid the clouds.
    2. Make the abomination spawn pathing more unpredictable and increase the spawn rate of clot variants to create obstacles that give Abomination a chance to catch up to players/make it necessary for players to watch their backs. Abomination spawns could potentially go to a random spot on the map, before pathing towards players to make their pathing more unpredictable and increase the chance that they come at players from behind. Clot variants sync up nicely with Abomination's slow movement speed, especially if they grab players, which makes them a nice obstacle to allow Abom to catch up. Unfortunately, they spawn so infrequently, they're rarely ever an obstacle and it's easy to get away from him.

Overpowered survivability of Medic and Berserker/the game being too easy (I put them as the same problem, because imo they're primarily the reason why the game is too easy. If you play games without either of those two perks, games are reasonably difficult):
    Berserker- The perk skills Vampire (+4 health per zed kill) and Skirmisher (+2 health per second) should be competitive with one another. Berserker absolutely does not need TWO skills to cause health regeneration. The health regeneration on Skirmisher may also need to be nerfed a bit.
    I've probably played Berserker more than any other perk (I used level 5 Berserker to level up my other perks because of the insane survivability with Skirmisher) and anyone who has played it for a decent amount of time should know how to play the perk without taking a lot of hits. I feel Berserker is tailored far too much towards newbies who will go into any crowd of zeds and start swinging, regardless of what zeds are in that group.
    Survival with Berserker should require players to know how to avoid bloat bile, husk flames and prioritize which zeds are likely to do the most damage to you. They have EMP grenades, the ability to parry/block for a reason. So why is it necessary for them to have such a ridiculous amount of survivability to allow them to solo 6man HoE waves with ease?

Medic- Medic has: Increased movement speed, +75% armor, lower syringe recovery time, higher syringe health recovery, Medic grenades AND 10% of each heal recovered to their own health/Damage resistance up to 50% the lower your health (Tier 1 perk skills).... Is the increased movement speed and +75 armor really necessary? When I play as Medic, I usually go without armor until very late into a game (wave 7+) in order to donate dosh to ensure my team gets a full loadout. I've never felt the need to buy armor as Medic until wave 8, which is absurd.
    With the perk skill Adrenaline Shot, they'd still be able to move faster, but would require them to use a Medic grenade in order to do so.
    Like Berserker, it's incredibly easy to solo 6man HoE waves. And also like Berserker, it seems the Medic perk is tailored towards newbies who lack awareness. It allows them to tunnel-vision healing players without caring if there's a group of zeds pummeling them. There is no other perk that allows you to tunnel-vision killing zeds, while getting pummelled by them at the same time like Medic and Berserker. There's no reason to cater to newbies when you have different levels of difficulty in the game. If players can't handle Suicidal or HoE, they can play Hard/Normal.

If you have perks with such insane survivability, especially one that can solo a high-frequency spawn point or one that can keep a team alive while kiting and distracting a large group of zeds without worry, Hell on Earth isn't ever really going to be difficult. And if Hell on Earth is made more difficult, it'll only make it too punishing for every other perk when they don't have a Berserker or Medic on the team. In order to balance Hell on Earth, the survivability of Berserker and Medic needs to be decreased.

One thing I will add that I like about what they introduced in the game that a lot of people hate: EDARs.
    While I hated them at first, after playing for a while I've grown to love them. Not because of the aesthetic/lore, but because they add a necessary element to make Hell on Earth difficult, which is more ranged damage.
    I feel that's important because before, players could just kite straight backwards or if they've killed enough zeds/gained enough distance, just stand in place and fire at zeds. EDARs have made positioning while kiting much more important (with dodging their shots/going for cover), whereas before players could essentially AFK kite and fire.
    Trappers though sometimes create bad RNG situations, like if you have a couple fleshpounds chasing you and a trapper just happens to spawn/walk around a corner and hit you. I feel you should have more of a charge time to give you time to react before they fire their beam.
    Last edited by MrRogersBestNeighbor; 11-11-2018, 02:52 AM.

Comment

Also King Fleshpound is too easy as well. But I don't really have much suggestions for that except to change the way the beam functions/after he swings and misses 3 times when going after a player, he uses the fleshpound 'shove' move that you can't outrun/avoid (which definitely should be applied to fleshpounds in general because since that 'shove' move is entirely random, it creates by far the most frequent RNG deaths in the game when hit consecutively with it/not pushed back far enough allowing the fleshpound a follow-up hit).
      If you don't know, you can kite King Fleshpound endlessly as any perk by simply going around a corner/obstacle right as he swings. As long as I'm not overrun with a lot of quarterpounds, there's 0 chance he's getting a hit on me if I have an ambulance/truck/rock to kite him around, which is what makes him ridiculously easy.

Comment

Working...
      X