Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Privay Policy Update

We’ve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We’ve incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We’ve added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: http://tripwireinteractive.com/policies/privacy-notice
2 of 2 < >

Forum Rules

CHANGES
  • Items changed, or highlighted for future attention, on 20 July 2013 are highlighted in yellow.

Global Rules
  • Forum moderators may or may not be Tripwire Interactive staff members, but either way, please respect them, as they are the authority of the forums. Speaking to them with intentional spite will not be tolerated and may result in the loss of your forum privileges.
  • Any decisions made by any member of staff or moderator are final and not subject to discussion. Doing so may result in a ban from the site. The owners of Tripwire Interactive Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason, as well as to remove access to the forums for any individuals with or without warning for breaches of the rules.
  • If you have a complaint regarding another user, PM the appropriate moderators, or if you have an administrative issue, [RO]schneidzekk.

General Behaviour
  • Use the search function before posting. Chances are your question has already been answered.
  • Use a title that describes the content of your post. Don't use all caps or special characters to draw attention either in the title or the body of the post.
  • Up to 10 emoticons are allowed in a post
  • Political discussions are prohibited.
  • Flaming - We do not tolerate abusive, malicious, personal attacks. You will be banned if you persist in this behavior.
  • Trolls - Anyone deliberately antagonizing other forum users by posting 'flame bait' type messages is not welcome. You will be banned (possibly without warning depending on the severity of the issue) if you persist in this behavior.
  • Personal insults (directed at anyone) will result in a ban. If the behavior is not corrected, it will be made more permanent.
  • Constructive criticism is welcome. However keep in mind we (and other forums goers) may not agree with you. If you can't keep the conversation civil, you will be removed from the forums.
  • The use of hyperbole, one liners, and images as part of a forum debate is likely to get you infracted. You have many ways to participate and be a constructive part of this community, even when you disagree.
  • To make the highlighted bits above 100% clear to everyone, the following WILL NOT BE TOLERATED:
    1. Personal attacks, insults, antagonism of any forum-goers, moderators or Tripwire Interactive staff.
    2. Name Shaming and Public "Witch Hunts" are also not allowed.
    3. Breaches of confidentiality and privacy of any sort.
    4. Any form of racism, bigotry or attacks on race, creed or color.
    5. Linking to posts on other forums related to ANY of the above, whether you are the originator or not, without exception.

• There has been too much in the way of abhorrent personal behaviors in the past. These will cease. It doesn't matter who started it or who reacted to it - it will all result in moderator action. If you have to indulge your hatreds, for whatever reason, go do it elsewhere - and do not try and drag our forum-goers over to enjoy your hatreds.
  • We understand that people have strong feelings about our games, what we do for a living and how we respond (or don't) to comments on the forums. We all aren't going to agree about everything. So, BE CIVIL in your disagreements!

DO NOTs
  • DO NOT Transmit any message, information, data, text, software or graphic files, or other materials ("Content") that is unlawful (including illegal drug usage), harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, hateful or racially, ethnically, sexually or otherwise objectionable. This includes publicizing private information, such as individual's real names, IP addresses and anything else that might be used to identify them to the freakier members of the internet. This also means you may NOT publically share private communications (PM, email or anything else) without the original poster's permission.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any Content that contains a virus, Trojan horse or other mischievous Content.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes" or any other form of solicitation.
  • DO NOT link to posts on any other forums, or any other form of media, that breaches our rules. It will be treated just the same as if you had posted it here.
  • DO NOT Double Post, cross Post, "necro post" or restart closed threads.
  • DO NOT Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, rule or regulation.
  • DO NOT Upload or transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ("Rights") of any party.
  • DO NOT post cheats or exploits; THIS INCLUDES ALL/ANY REFERENCES TO HACKING, PIRATED SOFTWARE etc.
  • DO NOT complain about being banned from a server and DO NOT complain about other players on servers - that is between you and the admin, no need to get the community involved.

Username, Avatar and Signature Rules
  • Multiple registrations result in a ban.
  • No offensive user names
  • All signatures should not exceed the following size limits, you can have both text and images
  • - For text signatures: 4 lines normal size, 8 lines small size and up to 100 chars per line. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. (Blank lines count as lines.)
  • - For images in signatures: 1 image up to 400 pixels wide, 150 pixels tall and 100kb in size plus 2 lines normal size text and up to 100 chars per line
Netiquette: Written text has no inflection, and, as such, you should be careful how you write your messages as interpretation will vary from person to person. Please take advantage of the built-in emoticons to add such expression to your words. Please remember the golden rule: to treat other forum users the way you would like to be treated. Please use common courtesy, and enjoy using Red Orchestra's forums
Offensive material
The following is a list of some things that MAY be considered "offensive" by the moderators and the team. This is NOT an exclusive list and it does depend very much on context.

Crossing the line into "offensive" territory is likely to get you asked to change your name, sig or avatar or to withdraw/delete posts. This will be done politely by the moderators. If you refuse to comply further action WILL be taken once started, ultimately leading to banning from the forums.

A key point: please attempt to use your brains. What is mild humour to you may well be deeply offensive to others. While we have no intention of acting as politically-correct "thought police", we are on the lookout for those things that can cause offense and, in some cases, are actually still illegal in some jurisdictions.
  1. Names recalling notorious war criminals or personalities.
  2. Names recalling atrocities and war crimes in general, or units with particularly odious histories.
  3. Use of obscenities and expletives.
  4. Blatant racism, mysogynism or many other "ism"s.
  5. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Nazism or Fascism; this does not include pics of soldiers who happen to have such symbols on their uniform, unless we feel this has been done to provoke. Please note that many Nazi symbols (including the Swastika) are still illegal in Germany and other countries and considered deeply offensive by many Europeans.
  6. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Stalinism.
  7. On both the previous two, the moderators' views on the intention and impact of use of such symbols will be final - not yours. Please be understanding if you are advised to change something.
  8. In general, if a sig/avatar represents your allegiances in-game and is clearly "in part", it is likely to be fine; if the moderators feel you are trying to demonstrate unpalatable political allegiances, or to use it in an attempt to ridicule or provoke others you WILL be asked to change it. RO is NOT the place to make any extremist political statements of any kind.

Examples:
So people get the idea, some examples that would be considered offensive, numbered as above:
  1. "Hitler", "Beria"
  2. "NKVD Blocking Detachment", "Einsatzgruppen"
  3. This one should be pretty obvious...
  4. So should this - and it includes calling all Germans "Nazis" and all Soviets/Russians "Commies". It got boring 50 years ago, so stop it.
  5. Use of swastikas, fasces, SS-runes and so on for the Axis.
  6. There is actually very little overt symbolism from the Stalinist era; the hammer-and-sickle isn't offensive per se.

A simple rule-of-thumb: many Europeans find Nazi symbolism of any sort offensive; many Americans still find Soviet symbolism offensive. Engage your brain before using.

Final Note: this is NOT open to debate, so please do NOT start whining and moaning if a moderator asks you to change something. They will advise at first, giving reasons, then, if you take no notice, they will step up the pressure through to banning.
See more
See less

We have to fix this

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We have to fix this

To introduce myself, I am a representative of CIS community behind Killing Floor. We are basically communicating via social network VK and comprise of a community of almost 12k people. This community started back in the days of release of KF1 and is still up and running.

So I recently started a topic and a poll in the community, regarding EDAR as an enemy in the KF2. So far, 1395 people have participated and left 153 comments on the topic. The results of the poll are as follows:
    • 471 votes \ 33.76% \ We like EDAR in the game
    • 621 votes \ 44.52% \ We want EDAR to be removed
    • 303 votes \ 21.72% \ I just want to shoot something

As you can see from the results, even though “Remove EDAR” is the most voted option, it is not a majority opinion, as it hasn’t pass 50% of votes. But there is more to the story.

If we look in the comments, we can see some opinions from people like: “It is a good addition to the game, but it would be better as a Husk variation” or “I like that they added new enemies to the game, but if I was asked whether I want a new robot enemy or new zed variation, I would pick latter option.” or “EDAR are great gameplay-speaking, but this is not a Killing Floor”.

Basically, we can say, that the main problem with EDAR is that they are… robots. Killing Floor is a game about ZEDs and if you take a look at what other people are saying, that is not only my opinion.

As a berserk-player, I enjoy slashing my way through the hordes of ZEDs, but killing EDAR with my katana just seems unsatisfying, even annoying I must say. Some people also stated that there are some bugs involved, like if you shoot EDAR with hemoglobin, they will spit blood.

I can also understand why making EDAR was an easy option for Tripwire - a reskinned version of DAR model, animations of Hans etc. I won’t judge a company for that, I assume that KF2 is not providing a lot of money for support of the game, it is really nice to see any kind of updates, but they could have just made 3 new variations of Husk and elude this controversy.

And we can really learn from the past. KF1 players must definitely know about the Brute. It is a fast and strong community-made ZED, which blocks his head, until he is close to the player. Tripwire very nicely implemented him in KF2 by giving all other ZEDs an ability to block their heads with their hands. So, some may have heard of a Legacy Mod for KF1, which adds 12 new ZED variation to the game, on of which is Brute. There is a zed called Hellfire and his description is “Explosives are no stranger to this zed. The new model Husk fires explosive rounds and fire's more rapid than his counterpart”. Doesn’t it sound like a EDAR-Bomber, but as a Husk variation to you?

Well, most of the Legacy Mod zeds were just reskinned, stronger and faster versions of the original ones, but there were also some with really interesting gameplay features yet to be seen in KF2. For example, The Shiver, a variation of Stalker, which teleports behind your back from a big distance. We can’t deny, that there are still some fan-made ideas, which are just waiting for being implemented in the game.

As for the new ZEDs entirely, it is pretty simple - we don’t have flying ZEDs in the game. This is an uncharted territory for KF and I have seen some comments of people, willing to see something flying to shoot and slice.

I really hope that it is still possible to make a step back and fix this, because existence of EDAR is only a pinnacle of an iceberg of accumulated problems with KF2.

Link to the poll: https://vk.com/tripwire_killing_floo...9469764_152348

Wow 12k people, quite impressive number. You, however miss the big point - for the devs 12k people are minority despite the global player stats on steam have peaked at 9k max during sales.

Of course EDARS wont be removed until game's rating falls down below 50% negative reviews. I find the robots less creative way to introduce challenging encounters, which unlike quarter pounds, broke weapon balance, EDARS armor should be able to be penetrated using higher tier weapons. As well maybe redesigned how the armor works. In an outbreak we have robots looking cleaner and shinier, add some worn look to them, make parts of the armor easily penetrable. A lot of balancing ideas can be done in the game to make these things enjoyable.

Comment

Edars is not the biggest problem with game right now IMHO.
      [url=http://www.destinationunreal.com/modules.php?name=mh_stats][img]http://www.destinationunreal.com/player/player_17749.gif[/img][/url]

Comment

TWI will not remove EDARS deal with it. I know EDARS are not perfect but for sure TWI still works on them.
        For me TWI must lower their spawn rate and evade chance plus some few smaller improvements. Anyways I never heated EDARS.

Comment

The Eds were annoying when they first came out, especially the trapper with its unholy range on the trapper beam. That, and they had too many resistances. Now, they're only annoying when you aren't paying attention. Fire and explosives will make short work of them as well as shotguns, and their chest armor is so weak that a single bullet from a Deagle will kill it and set off the EMP blast.

Comment

People who complain about EDARs are more annoying than the EDARs themselves.

Horzine clearly makes DARs and robotics, if the Patty was a former CEO of horzine, why wouldn't he use the DAR units, or build his own using factories his army takes over. EDAR is just Kevin's army evolving to kill humans faster.

EDAR are kinda tanky but you gotta view them more as walking EMP grenades. Their chest core has 150 hp on HOE and disables all zeds near it; wait for them to get near a group and you got a bunch of free kills lined up. EDAR are probably the more interesting new additions.

Maybe I'm crazy.
            Last edited by Coffee009; 08-09-2018, 11:08 AM.
            I like me.

Comment

That's interesting!

Comment

Originally posted by Coffee009 View Post
                EDAR are kinda tanky but you gotta view them more as walking EMP grenades. Their chest core has 150 hp on HOE and disables all zeds near it; wait for them to get near a group and you got a bunch of free kills lined up.
                Try performing 1-shot kills on an E.D.A.R. in a 6M HOE game when players meeting the level 0 requirement join your session, spreading zeds like fire across the map, and you should cover for everyone, and help everyone.

EDAR are probably the more interesting new additions.
                I can't recall any other new additions to the Zeds except Cysts/Rioters.

Comment

People who complain about EDARs are more annoying than the EDARs themselves.

Horzine clearly makes DARs and robotics, if the Patty was a former CEO of horzine, why wouldn't he use the DAR units, or build his own using factories his army takes over. EDAR is just Kevin's army evolving to kill humans faster.

EDAR are kinda tanky but you gotta view them more as walking EMP grenades. Their chest core has 150 hp on HOE and disables all zeds near it; wait for them to get near a group and you got a bunch of free kills lined up. EDAR are probably the more interesting new additions.

Maybe I'm crazy.
                  QFT.

EDARs fit quite well into the lore... If TWI decides to further it someway that is. Suppose the only change I would like to see is to make them more visually distinct from each other based on their silhouettes and perhaps a bit more badass looking-- they still look like domestic robots at the moment, heck, the DAR character has much more aggressive skins than EDARs, what is up with that? EDARs looking more like they should be sweeping up ZED remains with a broom.

Comment

Originally posted by Zakxaev68 View Post

Try performing 1-shot kills on an E.D.A.R. in a 6M HOE game when players meeting the level 0 requirement join your session, spreading zeds like fire across the map, and you should cover for everyone, and help everyone.
                    Why are you playing HoE with level 0 players? I think that will ruin any game and EDAR got nothing to do with that.

quarter pounds...gorefiends... gas crawlers? Cysts were in the base game, also.

I like me.

Comment

Why are you playing HoE with level 0 players? I think that will ruin any game and EDAR got nothing to do with that.
                      I play pub games only for the sake of... playing with someone; any friend I recommend KF2 never liked at first place/have once refunded, too much contrast between the first game. Except when I invite some random folks I met during these, knowing how to handle perks. I see more newbs playing HoE than Survival Easy, haha. Yip, I suck at times, I do try to improve too. I though never absolutely suck in an supportive role. Newbs always enrage big zeds, insult later in the chat level 25 players died first. Haha, fun times.

Comment

I play pub games only for the sake of... playing with someone; any friend I recommend KF2 never liked at first place/have once refunded, too much contrast between the first game. Except when I invite some random folks I met during these, knowing how to handle perks. I see more newbs playing HoE than Survival Easy, haha. Yip, I suck at times, I do try to improve too. I though never absolutely suck in an supportive role. Newbs always enrage big zeds, insult later in the chat level 25 players died first. Haha, fun times.
                        "playing on pub with randoms" is weak argument as it can be used anywhere. Your problem is not edars, but lack a good teammates. You have several solutions: play on your own server, find teammates online, play on servers with "server take-over" or git gud.
                        [url=http://www.destinationunreal.com/modules.php?name=mh_stats][img]http://www.destinationunreal.com/player/player_17749.gif[/img][/url]

Comment

Hah git gut ain't fitting argument either. Trained folks to team with are scarce, I do have few of them in my group. EDARS are cool at times, tell you!

Comment

gorefiends..quater pounds
                            Suic-15+ , HOE-20+, and most popular custom maps.

https://www.gametracker.com/server_info/68.232.161.19:23000/

Comment

i have my own server..costs all of $12/mo. if someone low level joins, i ask them once to change to an appropriate level perk. if they dont..i boot em.
                              Suic-15+ , HOE-20+, and most popular custom maps.

https://www.gametracker.com/server_info/68.232.161.19:23000/

Comment

Working...
                              X