• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Ongoing issue with the KF2 connectivity

s5yn3t

Grizzled Veteran
  • Sep 20, 2015
    It's been 2 days since the game began spiking up everyone ping beyond their normal value, causing quite arse of an experience no matter the server.
    (i've tried to play on multiple servers with others, while also making sure its not my router... which it wasn't. I could connect to tf2 pub and have steady 18-32 ping experience)

Weirdly the spiking begins after some time, if you fresh launch into the game and play it for 1 match the ping stays in its normal eu connectivity range of 32-42. when map switches and those who stayed getting their ping spiked by 3x or more while also causing this:
    - Projectile shot delay 5 or more seconds
    - Hitscan shots not registering or also having massive delay as if you're having 800ms ping (even if ingame it shows 120+)
    - lag teleporting for days if it gets that bad
    - ingame chat completely dying (doesnt show any text, no matter if you type it through chat or console)
    - complete connection freeze

Again i would say its affecting me alone, but its been affecting everyone that i played with on random servers.

Ok i think this might be an issue with steam itself.
    Now that i played tf2 again, first 15 min seemed fine, im at expected 32 and so is half a server in range of 16-40..... and then boom ping spike for everyone going at 68 and higher and the whole game feels as if it has a lot of input delay.

Upvote 0