• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Reduced Seasonal Event Durations

Dr. Lethal

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 7, 2017
Am I the only person who thinks the summer sideshow lasted much longer than it needed to? For 2 whole months (I believe it started back in early June), we've been dealing with the summer zeds and their weird hitboxes. I played the game for a week or so in June before taking a recess; but when I came back to it in mid-July, I was disappointed to see the event was still going on. Granted, it could be enough time for everyone to get what they needed from the random dropped tickets or even the market store (the objectives would only take you less than a day or so if you play solo); but two months of monkey man scrakes and strongman fleshpounds made the game feel extremely stale.

Unless you have a fear of clowns, the summer zeds aren't as nearly intimidating to look at as the mainstay zeds. I don't believe the Christmas and Halloween updates lasted as long as this one did; just because it's summer doesn't mean the event has to last from early June to July 31st. I feel it should've only lasted about a month so we have plenty of time to complete the objectives, and to avoid making the game feel too complacent with the odd zed animations (looking at you monkey man) it can be switched back to the usual blood and gore.

Reactions: mrnok14l