• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

FPS Issues... Again

Ic0n0clast

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 7, 2018
TEXAAAASSSSS
Does anyone else have FPS issues with the game? the only time I don't have it is when I play solo and sometimes 3-4 players. 6 players matches is when the FPS drops noticeably and results in unwarranted deaths to the team or myself. I have an 1X and also run the game off a SSD which runs games better than the hard drive in the xbox.

Ic0n0clast;n2332991 said:
XBOX 1X. Try googling it. Lol. 1X tells you everything. Can't blame me for your reading comprehension. It seems we have run into this problem before in another thread.

perhaps.
And yet you still go passive aggressive on a small misunderstanding, since not everyone can understand a shortened "word" that is not used that often.

Anyway, my guess on the issues is that the game itself ran into a trouble of smoothly running player models and their cosmetics, we have that issue on PC as well.
Where it freezes for a bit when you are near the new just joined player, and then occasionally just micro stutters here and there, and when everyone just bunches up the game does drop frames.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I've noticed the first 15-20 seconds of my first game has a lot of stutter. I recall having some of this before taking an extended break, but it seems longer now.

However, once I get past this 15-20 seconds I'm fine the rest of my gaming session. I assume the game is loading assets for the first time (although I thought that was supposed to be happening during the game launch?).

Reactions: Ic0n0clast
Upvote 0
infntnub;n2333334 said:
I've noticed the first 15-20 seconds of my first game has a lot of stutter. I recall having some of this before taking an extended break, but it seems longer now.

However, once I get past this 15-20 seconds I'm fine the rest of my gaming session. I assume the game is loading assets for the first time (although I thought that was supposed to be happening during the game launch?).

Some of the games are pretty bad. Spillway is cancer, Outpost has gone to ****. I typically almost play solo so the FPS does not drop or large open maps and stay away from others so huge clusters dont make it drop too much. Sounds counter intuitive to how the game is supposed to be played by some. I try to stick to Suicidal or Hell on Earth since most people don't venture on those and why I play solo in public match.

Upvote 0
flashn00b;n2333705 said:
Nice to know that the game's performance issues are on multiple platforms tbh cuz I still think a lot of the issues we see can be blamed on Unreal Engine 3's age.

Thing on XB, we cannot change any settings. I would lower them to make sure I hit constant 60 FPS, regardless of what his happening. Graphics are a very low standard to me.

Upvote 0
Ic0n0clast;n2333716 said:
Thing on XB, we cannot change any settings. I would lower them to make sure I hit constant 60 FPS, regardless of what his happening. Graphics are a very low standard to me.

I think the most that can be done for consoles regarding performance issues is "Hope Tripwire considers a KF2 re-release on Unreal Engine 4" because as I have said before, I really doubt that Epic Games has ever considered the amount of content KF2 would have back when UE3 was conceived back in 2006

Last edited:
Upvote 0