• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Not understanding how Sprint QOL was implimented

Barot8

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
So I read in another thread about the quality of life update on sprint being a toggle. I seem to recall it getting criticism but not really understanding how a player can impliment it to work. Could someone explain how to toggle sprint (if it can be toggled?) to me? Thanks in advance.

It's on by default with this update. FYI if you stop moving the sprint turns off and you must toggle it on again to sprint when moving.

My personal opinion, I've never really like toggle sprint type options unless it saves me from having to press down on a controller stick to sprint. However this was something players had been requesting since early access. :)

Upvote 0
Kittenmittens;n2332253 said:

Now i have a question... Will the team do a big grand update that goes fixing majority of issues like incorrect candle animation, zed attack animation not syncing correctly with the damage applied (scrakes especially), server admin issues, trouble with modders.

Basically with all the thing that are in the backburner for the past 4 years that haven't been touched upon and have been reported upon.

I appreciate what they are doing right now, but these last 2 updates felt more like your usual length bug fixes with attempts on changing skills a bit.
And with this whole year being advertised as more of a bug fix/QoL year, We old f*gs that are here since day 1 of early access kind of expect more, something more grand like an actual tackle on majority of stuff that piled up for the past 3-4 years, that some could have been resolved in a day.

A bit of though love let's say.

Reactions: missing_trigger
Upvote 0
AutoSprint isn't implemented correctly IMO.

It probably shouldn't "stand you up" automatically as you move - this is very important for good UX for perks which benefit from being crouched like sharpshooter, swat, commando (to control recoil).

Right now when using those perks, you need to untoggle it before crouching via "toggle crouch" (like I like it) to prevent it from standing you up when you try to move, which pretty much defeats its purpose of being "always on." For that reason alone, I turned it off immediately after trying it.

The way it should work is it only sprints you if you're standing up, so you would need to press the "toggle crouch" key to stand up to start sprinting. It seems like a small thing, but it bothers me a lot and no, I won't get used to it being that way, unfortunately.

Upvote 0