• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Commando and Eat Lead skill option

Bryantjkd

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 28, 2019
If TWI wants to make Eat Lead skill a more viable option they need to add something else to it. I read several posts that wanted to add on recoil reduction with the magazine increase. I would say some where between 10-30% recoil reduction would be nice for that skill. Just my 2 cents to help the game. Please chime in with options.

Dunno what they could do, I always run Eat Lead both because it's better than High Capacity Mags and because I would never sacrifice any Elite Reload skill for any other skill, least of all High Capacity Mags. This way I get both double the magazine size and faster reloads. Then again I don't play commando to waste ammo on scrakes or fleshpounds and I have plenty of damage and have never had a problem with recoil for trash zeds. The recoil reduction could be nice for the FAL but I can also just not use Hollow Points and go for a lesser recoil weapon or switch it to semi-auto. If any commando weapon feels too weak I can also just upgrade it, no perk skill required.

However it's been proven on more than one occasion that I stray far off the beaten path in terms of effective choices so take this all with a pinch of salt.

Reactions: Aleflippy
Upvote 0
Eat Lead has always been sad because it's not "free."

To truly be a consideration versus Hollowpoint Rounds, in my opinion it needs to come with something like 30% ammo cost reduction.

"More DPS" is always first choice for more people, and in this case it's kind of "higher DPS" versus "more sustained DPS."

Sustained DPS is arguably attractive, but the largest problem for me is that you have to pay for the sustaining (increased ammo cost).

I don't really care for the recoil reduction, even though that would thematically make the skill more of a choice as well.

Upvote 0