• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Headshot FX - Crates and Options

HeatSurge

Grizzled Veteran
May 20, 2009
Hi,

A couple of things:

1 - Are Headshot FX going to be "split" in the future, or be in crates or something (therefore on the market)? I like exactly 2 of the 10 headshot FX and I don't mind paying $2 or something like that to get the exact headshot effect I want, rather than $7.50 for one that I want and 4 that I don't want.

2 - Why is "remote headshot FX" disabled by default in options? It should be enabled by default. Like all cosmetics, it's best if they're shared and seen by others IMO. It would also help create visibility into this "feature" and probably sell more of those.

Both changes would make you more money than currently IMO, and would also improve UX.

Probably because the fx is so flashy and large at scale that it honestly worsens your performance at killing zeds.
Its so big and flashy that it hides the head of the zed behind and you end up missing a few shots or waiting a moment for fx to clear out a bit.
I do run it from time to time but it really makes the gameplay a tad unnecessarily difficult and distracting.

Upvote 0
I have it turned on and it hasn't really affected my game with the few people I've encountered who have them.

It's no more flashy and ridiculous than a golden cowboy foam hat that's half the player model and pubs constantly walking in front of you as you're trying to aim.

Nevertheless, I get that they're probably more intrusive (more sound-wise than visual IMO) than player cosmetics, but IMO they should be on by default, not off.

Upvote 0