• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Sharpshooter Headshot Damage - Off-perk?

Time

Apr 12, 2016
I'm a bit confused about the passive "Headshot Damage" perk bonus that the Sharpshooter class has. I notice on other classes, it specifically lists passive on-perk damage bonuses as "Perk Weapon Damage" and on Survivalist as just "Weapon Damage", suggesting that Survivalist's weapon damage bonus is global. With that in mind, I read on google that Sharpshooter's passive "Headshot Damage" bonus is only for on-perk weapons even though it doesn't say "Perk Weapon Headshot Damage" which would be more accurate if this is the case. Now, it has been a year + since people have said that Sharpshooter's passive perk bonus is only for perk weapons and I don't remember if it ever stated "Perk Weapon Headshot Damage" and I'm hoping that there was an update that I missed which changed it to a global bonus that would explain the lack of specific "Perk" text on the listing and I would be very excited if this was the case as I really think that the passive "Headshot Damage" bonus should be off-perk, too or at least have a higher %(maybe 1.2 or 1.3x) than the regular passive damage bonus % of the rest of the classes, only with other classes, their passive damage bonus is for more than just headshot damage. As it is, it feels like this underpowers the Sharpshooter class, though the class skills can potentially off-set the seemingly low passive damage bonus % a decent amount but it would just be nice to hear that "Headshot Damage" affects both on-perk and off-perk weapons.

So, basically, is Sharpshooter's passive "Headshot Damage" perk bonus global across all weapons or is it just for on-perk weapons?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Honestly the answer is logical.
Passive damage is applied for the weapons that sharp can use i.e. his perk and cross-perk weapons.
Same deal with other perks that can only deal bonus passive damage with their perk weapons (except for survivalist as he has access to all weapons, hence his ability to apply his stats to every single one of them)

And tbh as much as the Headshot only passive pisses of players that just can't aim for the head, in the right hands the sharp player can shred zeds left and right doing all the killing himself while others stand there being useless Or ganging up on big zeds leaving flanks open and sometimes endangering the whole team that way because they can't let Sharp to his job THAT IS KILLING BIG ZEDS AS FAST AS POSSIBLE because the perks they're playing are easier to use.
I've spent 18 hour straight playing as sharp, and let me tell you the perk is really fun to play as soon as you figure out which weapons and skills to use for the map.

Upvote 0
I think it would be a good idea to re-text it as "Perk Headshot Damage" then, considering all the rest of the perk bonus listings(besides the obvious Survivalist's Weapon Damage listing, I guess) have the word "Perk" in their text. Survivalist's perk bonus text creates the possibility of unspecific text meaning a global bonus just by it being there as it is. I'm assuming Recoil perk bonuses mean they are on-perk bonuses as well? If not, you might be able to see the confusion for players wishing to know the exact borders, limitations and niches that can define a higher level of play. In any case, thanks for clarifying.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
To be fair that's the only perk handicapped that way. I don't really like it and i think it needs to be changed to "Perk Weapon Damage".

And when you read "Headshot Damage" you might think that it alternates ZED's headshot vulnerability but it actually means "you do 25% more damage to ZED's head and body too but only when you hit its head".

Upvote 0