• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

3 years later: where is the whitelist?

Dr_Derpinson

Oct 3, 2013
See title.

Mr Yoshiro, i'm calling you out sir, you made this post 3 years ago and in it you said the following:

We are prepping for our code whitelist which will allow custom mods and mutators to not take game out of ranked mode and allow perks to progress.

Cut to now and the only offical list I can find is this one.

Can we get an offical statement regarding custom muts for servers please.

With thanks,

Dr Derpinson.

The whitelist is a feature and modders can submit their mutators to the team for inclusion in the whitelist.

When you say a feature, where? In what way? Killing floor 2 has no visible menu when it comes to mods, the fact players are still having to load mods via the console/bat is a joke.
If there is a whitelist then it should be on the forum as a sticky, as was the case for KF1. Are you telling me/us that aside from the 3 mods you can find via the link above, that not one person has submitted a mod after all this time?

I like you Yoshiro, you bring us seaon gifts, but when you give so little information it's hard to figure out what's going on with other systems of a game we love.

Pharrahnox - "Should we submit our mods for whitelisting now?". See Quote, Yoshiro, 3 years ago.

To submit your mod/mutator for consideration for whitelisting please provide us with the compiled and uncompiled mod as well as a description of what it does. We would also like to see your mod hosted on workshop. You may submit these privately via a PM.

Upvote 0
Dr_Derpinson It's not that I don't know how to, it's that it hadn't been possible for a while. I asked Yoshiro some time last year whether they would consider whitelisting some mods that I and a friend have created. He said the person who was assigned to whitelisting (Zane) had left and no one had filled the position at that time - and largely that it wasn't a priority either. I haven't asked about it since, and we have received no news about whitelisting being an option again.

A menu for mutators and custom gamemodes is a very separate issue from mod whitelisting. I'll admit it would be nice to have a menu too, since the average user is scared of the in-game console and .bat files.

Upvote 0
Pharrahnox;n2331622 said:
Yoshiro Last I heard (from you), there was no one assigned to whitelisting, and wasn't going to be any time soon. Has this changed? Should we submit our mods for whitelisting now?

Any mutators submitted will be sent to the product owner for review and tasked out to a programmer if accepted as of this time.

Upvote 0
Yoshiro;n2331638 said:
Any mutators submitted will be sent to the product owner for review and tasked out to a programmer if accepted as of this time.

Has there been discussion about mutators/gamemodes that allow for modified gameplay but aren't exploitative yet? We've requested it a while ago - Weeklies fall under this category, unique twists on survival without removing the challenge. It would be nice if there was system in place for people to extend it, it seems like such a missed opportunity for the game to not utilize it.

Reactions: missing_trigger
Upvote 0
Delta69er;n2331669 said:
Has there been discussion about mutators/gamemodes that allow for modified gameplay but aren't exploitative yet? We've requested it a while ago - Weeklies fall under this category, unique twists on survival without removing the challenge. It would be nice if there was system in place for people to extend it, it seems like such a missed opportunity for the game to not utilize it.

It has been discussed internally at several points, but as of this time it is not something that has been actioned on.

Upvote 0