Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

Upcoming Forum Overhaul

We are starting the work to switch our forums, which have been based on a version of the Vbulletin forum software since their inception with the Red Orchestra mod (then VB 3 and currently VB 5.1) to an all new forum software called Xenforo. After researching it, we feel Xenforo is a better choice for the future as it has a vibrant modding and addon community that will allow us to extend the functions of these forums in ways players will enjoy.

As part of this, at some point in the near future these forums will be locked down so we cant merge over all of the existing content into the new forum database. It will likely then be a few more days as we work on the new forum and correct any issues from the merge.
2 of 3 < >

Privay Policy Update

We’ve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We’ve incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We’ve added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: http://tripwireinteractive.com/policies/privacy-notice
3 of 3 < >

Forum Rules

CHANGES[/SIZE]
  • Items changed, or highlighted for future attention, on 20 July 2013 are highlighted in yellow.

Global Rules
  • Forum moderators may or may not be Tripwire Interactive staff members, but either way, please respect them, as they are the authority of the forums. Speaking to them with intentional spite will not be tolerated and may result in the loss of your forum privileges.
  • Any decisions made by any member of staff or moderator are final and not subject to discussion. Doing so may result in a ban from the site. The owners of Tripwire Interactive Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason, as well as to remove access to the forums for any individuals with or without warning for breaches of the rules.
  • If you have a complaint regarding another user, PM the appropriate moderators, or if you have an administrative issue, [RO]schneidzekk.

General Behaviour
  • Use the search function before posting. Chances are your question has already been answered.
  • Use a title that describes the content of your post. Don't use all caps or special characters to draw attention either in the title or the body of the post.
  • Up to 10 emoticons are allowed in a post
  • Political discussions are prohibited.
  • Flaming - We do not tolerate abusive, malicious, personal attacks. You will be banned if you persist in this behavior.
  • Trolls - Anyone deliberately antagonizing other forum users by posting 'flame bait' type messages is not welcome. You will be banned (possibly without warning depending on the severity of the issue) if you persist in this behavior.
  • Personal insults (directed at anyone) will result in a ban. If the behavior is not corrected, it will be made more permanent.
  • Constructive criticism is welcome. However keep in mind we (and other forums goers) may not agree with you. If you can't keep the conversation civil, you will be removed from the forums.
  • The use of hyperbole, one liners, and images as part of a forum debate is likely to get you infracted. You have many ways to participate and be a constructive part of this community, even when you disagree.
  • To make the highlighted bits above 100% clear to everyone, the following WILL NOT BE TOLERATED:
    1. Personal attacks, insults, antagonism of any forum-goers, moderators or Tripwire Interactive staff.
    2. Name Shaming and Public "Witch Hunts" are also not allowed.
    3. Breaches of confidentiality and privacy of any sort.
    4. Any form of racism, bigotry or attacks on race, creed or color.
    5. Linking to posts on other forums related to ANY of the above, whether you are the originator or not, without exception.[/COLOR]
  • There has been too much in the way of abhorrent personal behaviors in the past. These will cease. It doesn't matter who started it or who reacted to it - it will all result in moderator action. If you have to indulge your hatreds, for whatever reason, go do it elsewhere - and do not try and drag our forum-goers over to enjoy your hatreds.
  • We understand that people have strong feelings about our games, what we do for a living and how we respond (or don't) to comments on the forums. We all aren't going to agree about everything. So, BE CIVIL in your disagreements!

DO NOTs
  • DO NOT Transmit any message, information, data, text, software or graphic files, or other materials ("Content") that is unlawful (including illegal drug usage), harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, hateful or racially, ethnically, sexually or otherwise objectionable. This includes publicizing private information, such as individual's real names, IP addresses and anything else that might be used to identify them to the freakier members of the internet. This also means you may NOT publically share private communications (PM, email or anything else) without the original poster's permission.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any Content that contains a virus, Trojan horse or other mischievous Content.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes" or any other form of solicitation.
  • DO NOT link to posts on any other forums, or any other form of media, that breaches our rules. It will be treated just the same as if you had posted it here.
  • DO NOT Double Post, cross Post, "necro post" or restart closed threads.
  • DO NOT Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, rule or regulation.
  • DO NOT Upload or transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ("Rights") of any party.
  • DO NOT post cheats or exploits; THIS INCLUDES ALL/ANY REFERENCES TO HACKING, PIRATED SOFTWARE etc.
  • DO NOT complain about being banned from a server and DO NOT complain about other players on servers - that is between you and the admin, no need to get the community involved.

Username, Avatar and Signature Rules
  • Multiple registrations result in a ban.
  • No offensive user names
  • All signatures should not exceed the following size limits, you can have both text and images
  • - For text signatures: 4 lines normal size, 8 lines small size and up to 100 chars per line. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. (Blank lines count as lines.)
  • - For images in signatures: 1 image up to 400 pixels wide, 150 pixels tall and 100kb in size plus 2 lines normal size text and up to 100 chars per line
Netiquette: Written text has no inflection, and, as such, you should be careful how you write your messages as interpretation will vary from person to person. Please take advantage of the built-in emoticons to add such expression to your words. Please remember the golden rule: to treat other forum users the way you would like to be treated. Please use common courtesy, and enjoy using Red Orchestra's forums
[COLOR=darkred]Offensive material
The following is a list of some things that MAY be considered "offensive" by the moderators and the team. This is NOT an exclusive list and it does depend very much on context.

Crossing the line into "offensive" territory is likely to get you asked to change your name, sig or avatar or to withdraw/delete posts. This will be done politely by the moderators. If you refuse to comply further action WILL be taken once started, ultimately leading to banning from the forums.

A key point: please attempt to use your brains. What is mild humour to you may well be deeply offensive to others. While we have no intention of acting as politically-correct "thought police", we are on the lookout for those things that can cause offense and, in some cases, are actually still illegal in some jurisdictions.
  1. Names recalling notorious war criminals or personalities.
  2. Names recalling atrocities and war crimes in general, or units with particularly odious histories.
  3. Use of obscenities and expletives.
  4. Blatant racism, mysogynism or many other "ism"s.
  5. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Nazism or Fascism; this does not include pics of soldiers who happen to have such symbols on their uniform, unless we feel this has been done to provoke. Please note that many Nazi symbols (including the Swastika) are still illegal in Germany and other countries and considered deeply offensive by many Europeans.
  6. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Stalinism.
  7. On both the previous two, the moderators' views on the intention and impact of use of such symbols will be final - not yours. Please be understanding if you are advised to change something.
  8. In general, if a sig/avatar represents your allegiances in-game and is clearly "in part", it is likely to be fine; if the moderators feel you are trying to demonstrate unpalatable political allegiances, or to use it in an attempt to ridicule or provoke others you WILL be asked to change it. RO is NOT the place to make any extremist political statements of any kind.

Examples:
So people get the idea, some examples that would be considered offensive, numbered as above:
  1. "Hitler", "Beria"
  2. "NKVD Blocking Detachment", "Einsatzgruppen"
  3. This one should be pretty obvious...
  4. So should this - and it includes calling all Germans "Nazis" and all Soviets/Russians "Commies". It got boring 50 years ago, so stop it.
  5. Use of swastikas, fasces, SS-runes and so on for the Axis.
  6. There is actually very little overt symbolism from the Stalinist era; the hammer-and-sickle isn't offensive per se.

A simple rule-of-thumb: many Europeans find Nazi symbolism of any sort offensive; many Americans still find Soviet symbolism offensive. Engage your brain before using.

Final Note: this is NOT open to debate, so please do NOT start whining and moaning if a moderator asks you to change something. They will advise at first, giving reasons, then, if you take no notice, they will step up the pressure through to banning.
See more
See less

TWi doesn't understand the HoE difficulty

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWi doesn't understand the HoE difficulty

Game designer said that now majority of players fail at completing HoE game and thus they will not increase the difficulty. BUT THAT WHAT IT SHOULD BE. Highest difficulty should always have low success rate, because most players are casual players (nothing bad about it).

The concept of highest difficulty in Horde Mode PvE game should be that without correct picks, knowing what to do and communication it would impossible to complete. That what makes it interesting, challenging and replayable. I'm not the best player in KF2, but I can complete HoE game with random players without lot of concentration and with zero communication. You just stand there and yawn, knowing that most likely you will pass. Not tension, no thrill, no surprises. It's not right. When you playing hardest difficulty - you should know that if you and your team don't play right - you will not pass.

Look at Overwatch Archives PvE mode for example (or Mann vs Machine of Team Fortress 2). It's absolutely impossible to complete it with casual team of random picks, without knowing what to do and without communication. And in Overwatch it's not even part of main game, it's just extra mode. So why dedicated PvE Horde game can't give us this much tension and challenge?

You may say there is Controlled Difficulty mod, but let's be honest - almost no one plays custom modes and maps. There maybe 1-2 empty CD servers per region.

The solution I see could be to just ramp up difficulty of HoE, or add 5th difficulty somewhere in between so that current HoE becomes Suicidal, and name "Hell on Earth" still stays hardest but ramped up.

Originally posted by PainKiller66 View Post
    Look at Overwatch Archives PvE mode for example
    Terrible example - OW PVE is a joke lol.

TF2 MVM though, you're absolutely correct about.

Comment

I get the feeling that Hell on Earth isn't supposed to be taken seriously, since Suicidal already calls for Level 25 perks.

Comment

I personally feel there should be an intermediate between Hard and Suicidal because the leap between those is far bigger than it is from Suicidal to Hell on Earth.

I honestly think "Normal" should be removed because "Hard" is easy enough, problem is by the time you get a perk/several perks into double figures "Hard" is a cakewalk and you're just grinding to be able to do anything in Suicidal.

Assuming Normal stays in I suggest something like this:

Normal - Recommended Levels 0-5
        Hard - Recommended Levels 6-10
        Very Hard - New intermediate wherein enemies are faster, tougher etc BUT Husks do NOT use their Flamethrowers up close* - Recommended Levels 11-15
        Suicidal - Unchanged, i.e. Husks DO use their Flamethrowers up close - Recommended Levels 16-20
        Hell on Earth - Recommended Levels 20+

*There are probably other Suicidal-related differences but this ranks amongst the most jarring when transitioning from Hard to Suicidal.
        I still feel some enemies should be limited to certain difficulties - EDARs, Quarter Pounders and Rioters to name a few but that's another story.

Comment

The main difference between the difficulties is the zed health, their tactics, and when big zeds can spawn. You won't see a scrake around wave 2 or 3 outside of suicidal and HoE. Then again, it can feel trivial to those who mastered the game enough, but that doesn't guarantee a win.

Comment

All they need to do is increase the running speed of a raged scrake so you can't outrun it.

Like how it is in kf1.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Survivalist View Post
              All they need to do is increase the running speed of a raged scrake so you can't outrun it.

Like how it is in kf1.
              I'd be on board with bringing back this along with the old FP mechanics. It was like playing a game of chess at times.

Comment

Like how it is in kf1.
                Technically, the only perk that can outrun a scrake is the gunslinger. The scrake can catch up to everyone else, but he always slows down to attack which can let you stat just out of arm's reach.

Comment

Originally posted by infntnub View Post

I'd be on board with bringing back this along with the old FP mechanics. It was like playing a game of chess at times.
                  Yes, needing to break line of sight was quite fun.

But bringing that back would make kf2 easier... and that's not what we want.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Lethal View Post

Technically, the only perk that can outrun a scrake is the gunslinger. The scrake can catch up to everyone else, but he always slows down to attack which can let you stat just out of arm's reach.
                    If you're a fast moving perk, you can kite scrakes until the end of time.
                    And it shouldn't be like that.
                    In kf1, I feared scrakes. In kf2, I purposely rage every one I come across just to make things more interesting. :P

Comment

I see the fails in HOE every day,the difficulty is fine,
                      just the spawn system that needs fine tuning.

Comment

If you're a fast moving perk, you can kite scrakes until the end of time.
                        And it shouldn't be like that.
                        In kf1, I feared scrakes. In kf2, I purposely rage every one I come across just to make things more interesting. :P

I wonder if your team appreciates that. Getting blindsided by a raged scrake because someone failed to end him quickly is actually worse than a fleshpound because you know someone on your team had to set him off. Also, there's only 3 perks in the game that are inherently fast (4 if survivalist is using the melee skill). Otherwise, you can just barely keep ahead of him with everyone else.

Comment

Also, you're not supposed to "fear" Scrakes any more than you're supposed to "fear" other powerful targets, like groups of Crawlers, Husks, or Sirens. Scrakes are big meatheads meant to be dangerous bullet sponges that need to be paced out or they're going to run through your team. Fleshpounds are and always have been the target that you see and either go "hah, already dead" or "oh ****, we're dead".

Hell, compared to KF1's more plodding and paced Zeds spawned, Scrakes in Kf2 are much scarier. The only reason to not be more scared of KF2 scrakes is because they play a noise whenever they spawn, otherwise they spawn more frequently and, in the much tighter-corridor-focused map design of KF2, are much harder to avoid raging.

And trust me, with how frequently KF2 HoE throws Scrakes at me, I've been conditioned to fear the guy. 3-4 raging KF2 Scrakes is basically an instant teamwipe unless you're all Level 25 Zerks or have 2 dedicated Medics. Any more than 2 before Wave ~4/7 or ~6/10 and the team's probably just going to die, either because they don't do enough damage to kill all of them, or they don't have enough ammo.
                          sigpic

Comment

I feel like the new level design of map and introduction of new zed types, increased the HoE difficulty by a lot. And made some perks feel less impactful.

This is a game where you band together and camp in place A or B but Tripwire is constantly making it harder by introducing rioters, edars, quarter ponds and very agressive map spawners for ZEDs to reduce this camping.

I mean, you want to remove camping in the game that whole purpouse is to camp in order to survive? Hit & Run tactics don't work that good anymore, There have been less weld-able doors with good map spots too.

Most new maps are quite unfriendly towards perks like GS, based on my experience from 1 year break. It was more frustrating to play than enjoyable.

Maybe instead of adding ridiculous feeling zeds, it would be wiser to make a new ZED abillities instead. I still feel when you combat EDARs you don't feel that "umpf" and feedback reaction, a proper implementation of G.O.R.E system for them would be nicer. Also remove them from stalker-spawning pool. Laser EDAR can 1shot you before you notice and kind of feedback and taser EDAR that takes away a control from you is not fun mechanic ( it would be better if as long as you are being hold , other zeds ignore that player )

Just compare maps like outposts to any other new one. Difficulty curve in terms of level design is off the charts. I can understand HoE is there to test your skills and cooperation but if whole cooperation thing applies to 2 zerkers 2 medics and 2 demos/sharps then well . . .

We have been definitely having less fun, and game become more frustrating than enjoyable ( inb try suicidal ). Sui is a cakewalk with our skill levels sadly. Just some of my thoughts based on latest matches we played.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Lethal View Post
                              The main difference between the difficulties is the zed health, their tactics, and when big zeds can spawn.
                              + the amount of zeds per wave (also the amount of players affects to scaling... Didn't the amount of players also affect to zeds' health?)

Comment

Working...
                              X