• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

M14 vs FNFAL

After a hiatus of nearly 2 years, I've got back into KF2 it seems, and I was wondering what the major differences are between the M14 and the FN-FAL. I know the Fal does more damage per shot, but does the M14 have more stumble power, or a higher headshot multiplier, or any other benefit over it's cheaper price?

I'm just an old KF1 noob trying to find his way in a scary new KF2 world

Basically, you're buying FAL just for its full-auto capability slash firepower output which makes it a very potent weapon to use in conjunction with the Rack 'Em Up perk skill.

Versus the M14, it's on a tier higher (tier-4 vs tier-3), more expensive (1500 vs 1100), higher RoF (700 vs 272), slightly lower per shot damage (70 vs 80), lower per shot stun power (10 vs 15), higher per shot stumble power (18 vs 5), more ammo (180 vs 140), and a block heavier (8 vs 7).

Reactions: Cannonaire
Upvote 0
|WC|Capt.525;n2331023 said:
So it makes a great burst weapon to bring down the big guys, but the M14 still wins out when it comes to stunning scrakes? Can the LAR stun scrakes too?

The M14 should at least be a more cost-effective mean to score a stun for its per shot stun power being 50% higher than the FAL, if not the only viable option within the Sharpshooter arsenal for this purpose because it has the needed accuracy slash recoil, mag size, and RoF.

In my experience, if you're the only source of stun power in the team or that your target hasn't receive any stun power, then it would be very hard for you to stun a Scrake with the FAL without the perk's lvl-10-right "Ballistic Shock" skill because it could barely meet Scrake's stun threshold - or outright impossible if you missed even just a headshot (given different hit zone has different multiplier to status powers, which in this case is x1.0 in the head and x0.5 in everywhere else.)

The same goes to the LAR, it's difficult for LAR's limited RoF and mag size to score a stun without additional help.

Upvote 0