• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Doomstick.....

s5yn3t

Grizzled Veteran
  • Sep 20, 2015
    Is it me or the doomstick at times either works, or just straight up does no dmg and you end up wasting couple of "mags" just to kill a target.

In one day on some matches it will in fact kill sc in one shot to the head point blank no problem, or fp in 2 shots (6 man sui)
    Other day like today.... 4 point blank shots at sc and he's still not dead and fp nearly grinding me into the ground beef, as if half of the pellets that i shot from alt fire either magically disappeared or most of the shots get absorbed by smth dealing no dmg...

I DON'T KNOW.... Gun's weird.

Reactions: Aze
    cuchi;n2330698 said:
    Doomstick needs more damage

Doomstick does exactly the same damage as an m4 (so they both are highest damaging shotguns in the game rn), so an alt fire theoretically should knock off scrake's head in 1 shot.... Yet the pellets are so weird that either half of them hit another outgoing pellets and canceling the damage... Or they actually shoot out and send scrake's head into the home run.

Upvote 0
    Doomstick does the same damage as the M4... If all pellets hit. Doomstick's pellets do more damage but there's fewer of them per shot. This means you lose more damage per shot for each pellet that misses. Why is this important? According to the stats page I'm looking at, the spread factor for Doomstick is currently 0.19, almost three times as large as M4's 0.07. The only shotgun with worse spread is the Boomstick at 0.25.

While both weapons have the potential to do the same damage per shot the Doomstick has higher damage variance. This is probably what's making some Scrakes survive your alt-fires- the wider spread of the Doomstick is making some of your pellets miss and that cuts into your total damage more than if the M4 missed the same number of pellets. I'd say try to point-blank with the Doomstick alt-fires more OR know that four M4 shots have the same damage potential at a safer range.

Upvote 0
    pie1055;n2330724 said:
    Doomstick does the same damage as the M4... If all pellets hit. Doomstick's pellets do more damage but there's fewer of them per shot. This means you lose more damage per shot for each pellet that misses. Why is this important? According to the stats page I'm looking at, the spread factor for Doomstick is currently 0.19, almost three times as large as M4's 0.07. The only shotgun with worse spread is the Boomstick at 0.25.

While both weapons have the potential to do the same damage per shot the Doomstick has higher damage variance. This is probably what's making some Scrakes survive your alt-fires- the wider spread of the Doomstick is making some of your pellets miss and that cuts into your total damage more than if the M4 missed the same number of pellets. I'd say try to point-blank with the Doomstick alt-fires more OR know that four M4 shots have the same damage potential at a safer range.

i think i've mentioned that shooting at point blank will either clean scrake's head off, or barely scratch him.... Even with tight choke equipped.

​​​​​​

Upvote 0
    ArcL!ght;n2330764 said:
    Don't forget the trench. It has same dmg per pellet as m4, but pellet number is not same tho.

Actually trench does 4 dmg less per pellet than m4 (if counting only the ballistic dmg), and they both have the same pellet amount.
    (trench 26x8 while m4 30x8)

Not to mention that trench has the slowest reload time of all shotguns and can only carry 6 shots.

Upvote 0
    The Doomstick is indeed a very weird weapon... Meant to deal with beefy opponents, but very inconsistent at doing so. As y'all mentionned : it sometimes deal plenty of raw damage...and sometimes barely any at all.

As a result, it hardly feels like a T4, at least compared to the AA12... Or even the M4 is overall reliability. It looks mighty fine...But looks don't make everything.

Upvote 0
    Doomstick was infamous for killing everything outright with little to none effort/skill in the first days of its introduction, so in response, a series of nerfs to the weapon's pellet count, damage per pellet, and per shot damage was made, followed by some tweaks to its availability as well as sustainability a few patches later.

Now-- it has this awkward or utterly unacceptable performance where you have to get near pointblank range (~3m) with your target with the Tight Choke skill equipped so enough pellets could connect consistently enough - or you literally have to get to the muzzle-to-face range in hope of an effective headshot.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0