• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

IS there going to be a fix soon for the Spawn killing zeds?

{SS}_Jim236

Jun 27, 2018
I'm close to giving up on this game,
Please tell me the current spawn radius in HOE is going to be adjusted or some other solution to stop ZED spawn killing?
There are many threads on steam discussing this issue,its been going on for months.
If there is a solution coming,when can we expect it,
Because As it is currently set the game randomly removes a player for no other reason than the current system is terrible and Spawns raged zeds next to you.
Or just say that this is normal now and its not going to be fixed.and I'll uninstall the game.

Their recent comments in the AMAA and other discussions show that they do not care about around-the-corner spawns. They have been looking into fixing visible spawns; but unfortunately if only that is fixed, most of the terrible issues with the current spawn system will remain. Despite our best efforts, TW still don't see around-the-corner spawns as an issue.

I find it interesting that they always say they need to hear lots of feedback on something for it to receive proper attention, but after so many posts on the issue they haven't opened a poll to gauge the greater (relevant) community's opinion on the matter.

Upvote 0
Pharrahnox;n2329707 said:
Their recent comments in the AMAA and other discussions show that they do not care about around-the-corner spawns. They have been looking into fixing visible spawns; but unfortunately if only that is fixed, most of the terrible issues with the current spawn system will remain. Despite our best efforts, TW still don't see around-the-corner spawns as an issue.

I find it interesting that they always say they need to hear lots of feedback on something for it to receive proper attention, but after so many posts on the issue they haven't opened a poll to gauge the greater (relevant) community's opinion on the matter.

i think it all boils down to the map design to begin with, since most of them do not have a dedicated spawn spoints for big zeds to spawn at (not talking about the vents or holdout maps)

But even then if there was a survival map with only dedicated spawn points active, it would slow down the game.... Unless you create a bunch of those spawn points or increase the max amount of zeds that can spawn at one time to keep the flow going.

Nuked imo is still the best map in terms of how spawn works. Mix of both static and around the corner... But those around the corner are also somewhat static as you can fully learn where they are and how large of a group can spawn there.

Upvote 0
I thought they fixed it,but i guess i've just been lucky since the update,just had 2 fp's spawn 3ft away around the corner,bash me into a corner,trap to the wall and kill me from full health while i was trapped,they did change something,cause its been awhile since its happened to me.
I quit playing for the couple weeks before the last update when it spawn killed me 3 times in 1 game,I can probably live with it if its not gonna happen very often.
I have 4 clients and a server going in my household,and 3 years in the game myself/server,but if spawn killing by ZED gets to be the normal thing again,it might be time for me to move on.

Last edited:
Upvote 0