• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Berserker is kinda useless

Let us agree to disagree.

Yeah, having a melee-centric character in a mostly ranged-based shooter is a bit weird. But do you even realize how freaking tanky he is? He's nearly unkillable ! Not to mention he's nimble and pretty effective at stunning/slowing down opponents... Which is a madly effective tool.

Upvote 0
IMO, Berserker is a necessity for surviving Suicidal, though the fact that Killing Floor 2 is a ranged game gives off the impression that he is long overdue for a gun that's not the VLAD. I sometimes see myself off-perking an MP7 at Wave 2,though this is often the point where I switch to Survivalist for the explicit purpose of gaining a damage bonus with ranged weapons while still being capable in melee.

I still think that Zerker could use the Mk23 pistols

But yeah. There's no denying his weakness of being a melee class in a ranged game, but the suicidal nature of Suicidal means that you're gonna need a dedicated tank to draw the attention of Fleshpounds so that they don't kill your Demo

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I do find that using melee weapons are extremely effective and helpful. In close combat situations. For one thing it helps to save your ammo by not wasting it on the lower class zeds. Like the crawlers, stalkers and cysts. They can easily killed with one hit from a fire ax or the katana. The perk that I find more useless is the sharpshooter. Being a sniper in this game is impractical because you are constantly being attacked by zeds at close range. You don't have much time to sit take aim, hold your breath and shoot with a long range weapon.

Upvote 0