• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Remove that E.D.A.R. as enemy... / Rework Boss Monster Abom & KFP

ALLST4R

Jul 6, 2015
Germany
Sorry Tripwire but I have absolutly no idea what a robot wants in a game which is called Killing Floor... Futuristic monsters doesn't fit with the game genre or style.
I know the game should be not like every other horror survival shooter... but that is definitly to much. Laser weapons have not to be in KF2 or can we expect that the next perk is "Jedi Knight" or a "Storm Trooper"?
Think about some better Solutions, please.
Sometimes I've impression that you are really not creative enough anymore... Hans Volter and Patriarch are great boss monsters but a King Fleshpound and a Abomination have boring movements and show exactly the same of no creativity. Mechanics and looking are really weird... CHANGE SOMETHING. THANKS

Reactions: Pharrahnox
eckojay;n2327926 said:
Honestly gameplay wise I think they're fine. They just need a visual re-design to make them look like actual zeds and not straight up robots.

I'm banging my head to this line as if it's the jam.

But well see, let's hope the upcoming Matriarch can consolidate the lore and the experience that EDAR present as a type of enemy well enough.

Upvote 0
s5yn3t;n2327951 said:
is there like a long video that goes deep down into the lore? Because after the end of the line i stopped following anything.

Not that I'm aware of.

Anyhow, the whole shaebang about EDARs is basically about the cold metallic nature of theirs doesn't mix well as an experience with the Zeds that despite being twisted here and augmented there, still organic visual-wise and frantic emotion-wise. This is why people have been complaining about the visual, the feeling and stuffs.

Aside from this, how EDARs are presented to us is also one of the issues - as their sudden introduction made said awkwardness even more abrupt by having no lore to back it. This is why people have been complaining about the lore and stuffs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gordyne
Upvote 0