• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Well I just got ripped off from an yellow rarity neon skin

you might've screwed yourself on this one: what happened is the item server took a moment to grant you the item, if you'd have waited it would've eventually given it to you (albeit with no notification that you got it, this has been happening to me with vault items), and because you rerolled in the time it took the server to exchange the item, the new roll took priority and you got a different drop instead because as far as the item server was concerned, you hadn't opened the crate yet.

Upvote 0
LolzMan1325;n2327657 said:
you might've screwed yourself on this one: what happened is the item server took a moment to grant you the item, if you'd have waited it would've eventually given it to you (albeit with no notification that you got it, this has been happening to me with vault items), and because you rerolled in the time it took the server to exchange the item, the new roll took priority and you got a different drop instead because as far as the item server was concerned, you hadn't opened the crate yet.

And in which way you look at it, is a developers fault, since the item servers in kf2 alone for some reason is always lagging.
Even if it registered the dropped item, the front end most of the time bugs out and can show an error message even if the item is now in the inventory.

which now moves to one of my recent threads asking developers to skip a content update in favour of massive perfomance polishing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
s5yn3t;n2327658 said:
And in which way you look at it, is a developers fault, since the item servers in kf2 alone for some reason is always lagging.
Even if it registered the dropped item, the front end most of the time bugs out and can show an error message even if the item is now in the inventory.

which now moves to one of my recent threads asking developers to skip a content update in favour of massive perfomance polishing.

yea, seems to have started happening after the xmas update. i think in the last poll where the last question said "what do you want most out of an update", i'm guessing/hoping most people picked "bug fixes"

Upvote 0