• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Thoughts on new Battle Axe? OP?

callumg1988

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 27, 2010
Hey all, so first go of new update last night (HOE), and I thought I'd give the Battle axe a go. Fire axe was pretty sweet too, enjoyed that one. Usually I use a Zwei and a Pulv, but damn this axe was a beast. I was fighting Scrakes and Fleshies all game (with quality medic on our team also) and just slaughtering them with this thing, and EDARs which are normally my absolute kryptonite I was one shotting with the power attack which just blows them up.

So my question is have other players, particularly Zerks used this yet and do people think its OP? I noticed very slow switch speed to my med pistol which definitely was noticeable when trying to get teammates out of tight binds, but yeah with a level 20 zerk (prestiging) I was wiping the floor with basically everything except fleshies easily, can't wait to get back to level 25. Curious on peoples thoughts, thanks :)

I think the battle axe feels like it should after the heavy attack speed reduction. Slow switch speed is good balancing for it too. If it were a tier 4, I'd say it was too strong. It's a tier 5 though. If it needs more balancing, then I would look to a price increase, but in-game performance feels good.

Upvote 0
Well, I keep dying when I use it but I believe it's because I let myself being overwhelmed *protip*

Other than that, I think it feels just as it should. It's heavy and unreliable since it takes so freaking long to wipe it out, but boy does it hits HARD! Even big zeds are not safe from having their body parts flying across the map! And just for that, its a clear yes from me.

Upvote 0
Will there be any other way to get this weapon besides completing the Seasonal Missions after the Twisted Christmas event is over? I really don't know if I can get all the requirements done. We are dealing with a lot of family issues right now and the month of December is gonna be spent by me taking care of my wife. Just wondering. I love the Battleaxe but I'm afraid I won't be able to get my own.

Upvote 0
VGames83;n2327716 said:
Will there be any other way to get this weapon besides completing the Seasonal Missions after the Twisted Christmas event is over? I really don't know if I can get all the requirements done. We are dealing with a lot of family issues right now and the month of December is gonna be spent by me taking care of my wife. Just wondering. I love the Battleaxe but I'm afraid I won't be able to get my own.

Ask a friend who could grind the requirements for you?

Seeing that they did unnlock mkb for everyone on the next season update, there's a chance same will happen for the axe.

Reactions: VGames83
Upvote 0
s5yn3t;n2327728 said:
Ask a friend who could grind the requirements for you?

Seeing that they did unnlock mkb for everyone on the next season update, there's a chance same will happen for the axe.

Oh yeah good point. They probably will make it available to all eventually. I'll just do my best and pray that they do if I don't get it all done. Thanks for the tip.

Upvote 0
Yeah so it seems like timing is the thing, I've only played once since this post, and I noticed my team was far worse lol, so I might have been cushioned a bit. I struggled more this time with the crawlers, and really noticed how damn slow it was. Before my team cleared trash and i was pretty open to just battle FPs and Scrakes in a more orderly fashion. I really should use bonecrusher more, never really used it much at all.

Upvote 0
Yeah I've been playing a bit more lately, it's such a brutal hitter, especially in Zed Time, just lay into their heads without a care in the world. The switch speed is painful though when I try and throw healing darts to teammates, I still find myself falling back to the Zwei often, love the flexibility of it. For boss though battleaxe hits pretty damn hard too.

Upvote 0