• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tommy Gun, a Survivalist weapon?

Don't know how much reliable it is to make an assumption based on steamDB info, but anyway

Spoiler!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
****, badass santa is indeed quite...Badass.

I kinda hope it's the reward for the event, but it might be yet another weapon instead. And that bundle would actually be DLC...

Cyber-samurai looks quirky in such a b-movie feel that I'd love to get my hands on that as well.

(Also "Battle Axe"?? Is that a reskin or a secret, fourth weapon?!)

Upvote 0
Prestiging is rewarded with vosh and prestige skins. These skins are for the weapons in the core lineup of the perk you prestige. But survivalist doesn't have a core lineup, he's mostly about borrowing. He has his own knife, and the freezethrower. The double prestiging we can already do gives us prestige skins for both of those. So when we triple prestige, what's left to reward us with survivalist prestige themed skins for? Any of the weapons survivalist gets benefits for, which is all of them. But to not have two prestige skins for the same weapon, with just different perk icons on them, it shouldn't be a weapon from another perk's core lineup. And it may as well help hype up whatever's new in the same update.

So it makes sense that there would be a survivalist prestige themed Tommy gun skin, even if the Tommy gun is a SWAT and/or Commando weapon, and has no association with survivalist beyond that which every other weapon in the game has.

The other upcoming prestige skins are for Tier 2s for all the other perks. Survivalist's prestige skins are already not following conventions, having went from knife to T3 when every other perk went from knife to T1, so I wouldn't take this as an implication that Tommy will be T2.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Tommygun as SWAT/Survivalist crossperk would makes sense since every weapon in the game is "crossperk" with Survivalist, but the tommy gun should be a SWAT weapon. It's an SMG, and, in KF2, the SWAT class uses the SMGs.

Another thing that might be happening is the Survivalist might be getting prestige skins for other classes' weapons where that other class has multiple weapons for the given tier. Let me explain with the Zerker as an example: The Christmas update will give the Zerker a katana skin, but there will be no skin for the nailgun (as yet). Both are tier-2 Zerker weapons, but only one is getting the skin. The Survivalist doesn't really have a weapons roster in the traditional sense, so maybe it will earn the skins for the other classes' tiered weapons (like the nailgun) to fill in the gaps. Or there could be some other reason, I'm only guessing.

Upvote 0