• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

wait, so is the MK23 the only weapon from the poll that isn't getting in the game?

LolzMan1325

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 24, 2009
iirc through the community classic polls the options have always been:
  • M99 AMR (which is currently in)
  • FN-FAL (which is currently in)
  • MAC-10 (which is currently in)
  • M32 (which is getting in)
  • Fireaxe (which is getting in)
  • Thompson (which is getting in)
  • MK23 (which isn't getting in?)
unless there was another weapon on the previous polls that I missed, is it correct to say the MK23 is the only weapon (or weapons since there'd definitely be dualies) that isn't getting in the game?

It kinda defeats the point of having such polls in the first place... Not to mention it obviously brings less novelty points (out of the last six weapons, only the 501 for the medic is a brand new gun... All the others appeared in KF1).

Plus yeah, why everything except the MK23s when the Slinger is certainly more in need of a new gun than the commando or zerk...

Reactions: missing_trigger
Upvote 0
Dr. Lethal;n2325730 said:
GS got the AF 2011s a few months back. It doesn't need a new gun for everything it can do currently, especially since it had a decent crossperk weapon.

well SWAT got the UMP a couple months back and now it's probably getting the Thompson which probably does the same thing as the P90, I think the point here is weapon choice and diversity, not necessarily role diversity. In my opinion GS is in need of a superior trash killing weapon, at the moment I use dual 1858s upgraded twice because the m1911s have no ammo and their half-reload isn't as fast since TWI made the ammo return at the 2nd mag insertion instead of the 1st.

Upvote 0
LolzMan1325;n2325732 said:
well SWAT got the UMP a couple months back and now it's probably getting the Thompson which probably does the same thing as the P90, I think the point here is weapon choice and diversity, not necessarily role diversity. In my opinion GS is in need of a superior trash killing weapon, at the moment I use dual 1858s upgraded twice because the m1911s have no ammo and their half-reload isn't as fast since TWI made the ammo return at the 2nd mag insertion instead of the 1st.

You can use the Deagles or flare guns for trash killing instead of upgrading the same gun twice. Deagles also make a second option for dealing with big zeds.

Upvote 0
Dr. Lethal;n2325738 said:
You can use the Deagles or flare guns for trash killing instead of upgrading the same gun twice. Deagles also make a second option for dealing with big zeds.

i prefer to save the deagles for big zeds exclusively since they have little ammo, i'm very antsy about using the flare guns because like the other fire weapons they do that panic thing and might make it harder for me or teammates to aim. i also dislike how their projectile is slow and their reload, even with cancelling, is kinda slow/not as fast as the 1858s. i'll have to try them again to see how they feel i guess, it would be nice to save 1200 dosh from upgrading

Upvote 0
LolzMan1325;n2325740 said:
i prefer to save the deagles for big zeds exclusively since they have little ammo, i'm very antsy about using the flare guns because like the other fire weapons they do that panic thing and might make it harder for me or teammates to aim. i also dislike how their projectile is slow and their reload, even with cancelling, is kinda slow/not as fast as the 1858s. i'll have to try them again to see how they feel i guess, it would be nice to save 1200 dosh from upgrading

Or, you could just buy some magnums and use those.

Upvote 0
Aleflippy;n2325745 said:
By that logic, we would need only one or two weapons per perk and upgrade them accordingly.

That's a very stupid reason against new guns. Versatility doesn't hurt in the slightest

Don't know where you got that logic from, but your assumption is off. The logic is that magnums are easily the best guns for dealing with big zeds compared to deagles, especially since the damage for upgraded deagles got nerfed a bit. I usual carry a pair of them plus the deagles and a centerfire, all without upgrading them. When you upgrade, you loose the ability to carry a different weapon, and if ammo becomes a concern, its important as a GS to have a fallback weapon since all of his guns don't carry much ammo.

SWAT doesn't need a Thomson in the same reason GS doesnt need a new gun; both have the weapons to suit their needs, and constantly trying to feed them new weapons doesn't make sense in the long term if they don't need them. They already have their trash killing needs, if you use them PROPERLY. In that same case, there's not much reason to upgrade the 1858s, which will make you have to carry more weight, instead of using a gun that already has enough base damage to floor any trash without upgrading it. Using said upgrades is an option, not a requirement; and in the long term, you're actually spending MORE dosh to upgrade stuff instead of just buying another weapon.

Upvote 0
Dr. Lethal;n2325747 said:
Don't know where you got that logic from, but your assumption is off. The logic is that magnums are easily the best guns for dealing with big zeds compared to deagles, especially since the damage for upgraded deagles got nerfed a bit. I usual carry a pair of them plus the deagles and a centerfire, all without upgrading them. When you upgrade, you loose the ability to carry a different weapon, and if ammo becomes a concern, its important as a GS to have a fallback weapon since all of his guns don't carry much ammo.

SWAT doesn't need a Thomson in the same reason GS doesnt need a new gun; both have the weapons to suit their needs, and constantly trying to feed them new weapons doesn't make sense in the long term if they don't need them. They already have their trash killing needs, if you use them PROPERLY. In that same case, there's not much reason to upgrade the 1858s, which will make you have to carry more weight, instead of using a gun that already has enough base damage to floor any trash without upgrading it. Using said upgrades is an option, not a requirement; and in the long term, you're actually spending MORE dosh to upgrade stuff instead of just buying another weapon.

Sadly, video games are not just about "needs" anymore. At least if you want to keep them alive.

I'm not asking for weekly updates a la Fortnite. But a game needs to be updated fairly often to keep players interested. If Tripwire suddently decided to stop including new weapons because as you say "we got the guns to suit our needs" , the game would die out in six months max.

Upvote 0
Aleflippy;n2325757 said:
Sadly, video games are not just about "needs" anymore. At least if you want to keep them alive.

I'm not asking for weekly updates a la Fortnite. But a game needs to be updated fairly often to keep players interested. If Tripwire suddently decided to stop including new weapons because as you say "we got the guns to suit our needs" , the game would die out in six months max.

No, the problem is that you're asking for a gun to give to a perk that doesnt need anything right now.

Upvote 0
Dr. Lethal;n2325758 said:
No, the problem is that you're asking for a gun to give to a perk that doesnt need anything right now.

M9 was the best trash killer, now it's nerfed with small ammo. 1911 can't replace it due smal mag and slow reload. Both guns with upgrates become same thing except one m9 can replace two 1911's(yes yes, I know prices are different, and I fine with it). Nothing wrong with people asking for m23. A pistol with big magazine, a nostalgia, a tacticool moster (damn, now I want silencer on it). I said before and I say it again - 2011 is just a meme gun and will always be.

Upvote 0
missing_trigger;n2325769 said:
M9 was the best trash killer, now it's nerfed with small ammo. 1911 can't replace it due smal mag and slow reload. Both guns with upgrates become same thing except one m9 can replace two 1911's(yes yes, I know prices are different, and I fine with it). Nothing wrong with people asking for m23. A pistol with big magazine, a nostalgia, a tacticool moster (damn, now I want silencer on it). I said before and I say it again - 2011 is just a meme gun and will always be.

I would agree with that statement, if it weren't for the fact that the M9 was trash before the Nerf. The deagle always outperforms it, and The Buff to the stock revolvers made it even more clear than before. You could always spend a few extra Dosh after wave one just to give one deagle that would hold you over for another wave or so before you can get a second one. Sure, they may have killed any Trash with one shot to the Head, but the deagle can clear trash out with just one hit to anywhere.

Upvote 0
Dr. Lethal;n2325771 said:
I would agree with that statement, if it weren't for the fact that the M9 was trash before the Nerf. The deagle always outperforms it, and The Buff to the stock revolvers made it even more clear than before. You could always spend a few extra Dosh after wave one just to give one deagle that would hold you over for another wave or so before you can get a second one. Sure, they may have killed any Trash with one shot to the Head, but the deagle can clear trash out with just one hit to anywhere.

And again we talking about trash clearer. Yes Deagle can do that but now its more popular as big zed killes with T5, m9 was not a trash weapon in gunslingers hands, but a good trash clearer with enough ammo in one mag and reserve. And yes, you need to hit the head in order to one hit kill, so what? I've could say it's a pro choice but no - it's not hard at all to hit heads most of the time as slinger. That's what we are talking about, that's what we are asking for.

Upvote 0
missing_trigger;n2325783 said:
And again we talking about trash clearer. Yes Deagle can do that but now its more popular as big zed killes with T5, m9 was not a trash weapon in gunslingers hands, but a good trash clearer with enough ammo in one mag and reserve. And yes, you need to hit the head in order to one hit kill, so what? I've could say it's a pro choice but no - it's not hard at all to hit heads most of the time as slinger. That's what we are talking about, that's what we are asking for.

That's also the reason TW decreased the damage a little for a T5 deagle. I never took it up that high and preferred to use the magnums since they handle the job better anyway, using the deagles for everything else until they ran out; but I still have two other guns to use when that happens. The perk has a good amount of picks for a trash cleaning weapon that it doesn't require a new one just to fill that purpose, especially if you're on a team that already has a commando or firebug or any other trash dedicates killer.

Upvote 0
Definitely an unpopular opinion, but I think if the Mk23 is to ever return, i think it could actually work as a Berserker weapon first and a Gunslinger weapon second, considering that it was mostly used by Zerkers anyways in KF1.

In terms of balanacing it, i can still see it act as a Tier 3 weapon, dealing damage closer to the AK-12 and share the same level of penetration as the .500 Magnum, but would reload slower than Gunslinger pistols. I think having a slower reload on the 23s would encourage the Zerker to switch to his melee weapon after emptying his guns. Additionally, having the Mk23 be a Zerker weapon means that it would benefit from Vampire, Smash's headshot damage bonus, party's bodyshot damage bonus and Spartan (IIRC, Skirmisher's speed boost also applies to ranged perk weapons, rather than just melee)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
flashn00b;n2325861 said:
Definitely an unpopular opinion, but I think if the Mk23 is to ever return, i think it could actually work as a Berserker weapon first and a Gunslinger weapon second, considering that it was mostly used by Zerkers anyways in KF1.

No offense, but that's kind of a stupid idea. The medic used mostly other perk weapons until he got the M7A1 (and then the Schneidzekk) : m79, crossbow, deagle, katana...Yet none of that got included in his kit. Same goes for quite a lot of weapons that have that extra versatility (mostly handguns, but sometimes explosives like the C4/pipe bombs etc...)

The zerk is already a weird mish-mash of a perk with the nailgun and eviscerator, we don't need an extra gun slapped to the perk. Hell, might as well play a survivalist if you want benefit for both guns.

Plus, I'm totally against "jack-of-all-trades" perks. They have roles for a reason : to be complimentary. If every perk is ready for every situation...Why even have perks in the first place?

Upvote 0
Aleflippy;n2325907 said:
No offense, but that's kind of a stupid idea. The medic used mostly other perk weapons until he got the M7A1 (and then the Schneidzekk) : m79, crossbow, deagle, katana...Yet none of that got included in his kit. Same goes for quite a lot of weapons that have that extra versatility (mostly handguns, but sometimes explosives like the C4/pipe bombs etc...)

The zerk is already a weird mish-mash of a perk with the nailgun and eviscerator, we don't need an extra gun slapped to the perk. Hell, might as well play a survivalist if you want benefit for both guns.

Plus, I'm totally against "jack-of-all-trades" perks. They have roles for a reason : to be complimentary. If every perk is ready for every situation...Why even have perks in the first place?

The thing with the Mk23 is that it was a redundant addition for the Sharpshooter in KF1 and despite being an off-perk weapon, it had its niche as a de facto Berserker weapon. As for making it a perk weapon, it will have its uses to give the Zerker a method of rapid recovery that isn't "off-perk an MP7 while mashing Q because you took too many hits while killing the fleshpound and no one's healing you"

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Grobbulus88;n2326100 said:
Give the gunslinger dual Tec-9 pistols... They need a gun with good magazine capacity. Plus the Tec-9 is a badass looking gun. 64 shots for dualies is great.

It's almost TOO MUCH actually, for a semi-auto nonetheless. I mean... Personally, I'd rather take a weapon with less overall ammo that pack a stronger punch.

Upvote 0