• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I hate how demo seems incapable of enjoying the upgrade system

Upgrades on Demo seem to be truly optional, considering that stats of their weapons has not been changed for a while. I still enjoy M79 RPG combo but since the upgrade system on 32 players servers i do love to use max lvl m79 + m16 as well. With LRRRR this thing has a blast radius of nuclear bomb (~25 meters), got myself plenty of new personal bests recently - 2.5k kills, 6.6k assists and like 280k xp.

Reactions: missing_trigger
Upvote 0
Upgrades work best for tier 1-2 and sometines 3 weapons, so the upgrades for demo generally suck cuz it has few early game options and the M79 does too much self damage upgraded BUT the HX25 tier 2-3 feels really nice, and the M16 tier 4 does about AK12 damage. The RPG and seeker dont need upgrades imo, plus tier 5 upgrade cost is stupid for the benefit it gives... any gun.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
simplecat;n2323518 said:
Upgrades on Demo seem to be truly optional, considering that stats of their weapons has not been changed for a while. I still enjoy M79 RPG combo but since the upgrade system on 32 players servers i do love to use max lvl m79 + m16 as well. With LRRRR this thing has a blast radius of nuclear bomb (~25 meters), got myself plenty of new personal bests recently - 2.5k kills, 6.6k assists and like 280k xp.

I also like the upgraded m79 but man... is the self damage working correctly?

It seems no matter no the distance between you and the explosion that you take at least some amount of damage. Annoying as hell.

Upvote 0
The upgrade for the RPG7 is 1500 dosh for 10% more damage and radius.
Mostly a rip off, but it actually can be enough to make a nice difference if the scrakes are pestering you. With 6 players on HoE or Sui, this extra damage is just enough to let you 1shot decap scrakes, using left skills. (though, without the upgrade, you can finish his head after one rocket with even just a few 9mm shots)
For bosses, I'd recommend spending your dosh the traditional KF2 way, instead of upgrading your RPG, buy a second one, for the ammo.

Upvote 0
I recently started working with S6+HX25 both upgraded for one level. I noticed that if I play traditional demo I can and I will run out of ammo sooner in a wave.

With full left Demo tree and S6 even if it has really expensive ammo I still make more then I spend and can dosh out fellow players. Also I keep the lock on and shoot anything that is gore fast and up with 1-2 Rockets and it awesome how rocket tracking goes for mid chest: it's where qp and edar weak spots are and with some luck you can 4 shot a qp (6p hoe) or 1 shot edar with emp effect added to it.

Do try it out. You will love it.
P.s. Ammo box gives 18 rockets, every rocket in zed time is its own nuke.

Upvote 0