• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Honest Question - Emotes

infntnub

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Pennsylvania
3 quick "why" questions regarding these.

Why are there even non-deluxe version of these things? Outside of maybe 2 of them, they look terrible without the added affects that come with the deluxe versions.

Why not have them all deluxe, by default? They're not gear. They're 3-5 second animations that come and go during zed-killing downtime.

Why not just flood the market with all of them and have them all @ the in-game store for 5-10 dollars/each?

Yes, I know players are not required to use them, but they're in the game so it's hard to not acknowledge they exist.

infntnub;n2323225 said:
They're 3-5 second animations that come and go during zed-killing downtime. Why not just flood the market with all of them and have them all @ the in-game store for 5-10 dollars/each?

Way too scandal pricing policy, for even emote packs. Am tired of putting it in everyone's face but - obvious, f*ck the rubbish store, individual character packs are worth more; to me KF2 is slowly getting its FIFA 18 treatment each price hike. Simple things of no real content value worth more than the basic game.

Upvote 0
missing_trigger;n2323260 said:
All your questions has the same answer - money

Oh, I understand money drives things - game development is a business (can't escape that).

That being said, it reduces the overall quality of their product. I mean, the non deluxe emotes literally look like incomplete products.

They just look... bad.. Mating Ritual is pretty much the only one that looks like a complete product w/o the shiny effects of the deluxe version.

Upvote 0
infntnub;n2323272 said:
Oh, I understand money drives things - game development is a business (can't escape that).

That being said, it reduces the overall quality of their product. I mean, the non deluxe emotes literally look like incomplete products.

They just look... bad.. Mating Ritual is pretty much the only one that looks like a complete product w/o the shiny effects of the deluxe version.

uppercut is fine too

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Azukki;n2323312 said:
Non-deluxe Make it Rain works, if you're actually throwing dosh with it.
But yeah it's unbelievable that some of them even exist without their effects. Isn't there a hacky sack one, which is just flailing your foot around awkwardly at nothing, without deluxe?

Yeah.. unfortunately I have the hacky sack one and it looks so bad lol.

Upvote 0