• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

enough with the EDARS already...

Buzzkillinton

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 5, 2016
www.gametracker.com
So we played a few 4 round HOE matches last night..6 man. in the matches (4 wave mind you), we ended up with over 70 edars..look, its not cool having so many ranged enemies in this game. the EDARS are too common, and need to have their spawn frequency reduced. wouldnt hurt my feelings if they went away altogether..they dont add anything to the game and the aesthetic certainly doesnt fit.

I'm thinking the reason why EDARs are sharing the same spawn pool with Husk n' Stalker is because they also share the same style as a type of enemy, because like them; EDARs tend to surprise/annoy players with offenses that players have little to none margin to play/react with.

Meaning, in case of Stalker, you just couldn't avoid getting scratched by those invisible - women - when they spawn right on top of you; and in case of Husk, being caught blind in the fiery crossfire is surely unlucky and undeserved.

So, EDARs are actually not that hateable if you look into the game dynamics where you'll see their achievement is principally the same as existing foes, though I must admit their doing has proven to be somewhat - I actually mean very - annoying due to the frequency slash quote unquote spammability in the context we have in the Killing Floor - where we expect bloody zombies, not cold hearted robots; hand-to-hand combat, not being disturbed by energy-based rubberbands and the godawful grating sound beforehand.

If I must complain, I'd say EDARs are not even making the experience as fun as it could, either you took it solely for their range capabilities or took it by their metallic characteristic, because they still follow the same behavior model/frame as Zeds, which is why the mod that "simply" make EDARs fly is a freakin' smash hit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0