• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Improving upon the upgrade system

Kosake

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 2, 2015
Germany
Hello folks (and by folks I mainly mean the devs in this case),

i like how the game is getting better and better, including the addition of the upgrade system we see right now. I get it that you are currently mostly working on the haloween-event right now, which is all fine and good. However, I'd like to ask, what direction you are meaning to take with the weapons upgrade system. Just pushing the damage while increasing the weight seems like a waaay to lame idea to be the final concept of what you are planning, am I right? So, speaking of which, when can we expect to hear something about what exactly you are planing to do add and do here...?

I personally would have enjoyed a system like Payday 2 has for their weapons as far as 'upgrading' .. but yeah.. this system right now is so basic, I'd rather just not have an upgrade system at all.. or atleast different bullet types you can select in trader like AP ammo (obviously would probably cost more) if you're just tired of armored/metal plated zeds or JHP rounds if you wanna pack a harder punch on raw flesh.. something with a means of diverse tactics like that seems more appealing than like you said.. the lame <up the damage but up the weight too> idea

Upvote 0