• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Best source for "upgraded" weapon stats?

infntnub

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Pennsylvania
There's something really satisfying about upgrading low tier weapons like the sg500 or the bullpup and shredding things in later waves.

Level 3 sg500 is just funny. :D

Is there a reliable source to find the stats and an indication of how many times each weapon can be upgraded? I know it varies.

Yes, I'm just now starting to experiment with this due to time away from KF2, so this thread is coming much later than the update that included it.

Bare with me.

From experiance, generally upgrading a weapon up to tier 4 is fine (a low tier to tier 4 costs in total about 1800-1950 dosh compared to a normal tier 4's 1500), but the tier 5 upgrades are way too expensive for the damage they give you.

Some fun weapons to try:

Tier 2 MP7 (true MP7 experience)
Tier 3 Spitfire(s) (no weight gain and it bumps the damage from 40 to 50 (on par with 1858/M1911)
Tier 4 UMP (just shy of SCAR damage)
Tier 4 HZ12 (just shy of DBS damage)
Tier 4 VLAD (can be stupidly ammo efficient)
Tier 4 Crossbow (becomes a discount railgun with retrievable ammo) (tier 5 matches the base railgun)
Tier 4 M16 M203 (AK12 damage per bullet)
Tier 5 stoner (feels how it should be)

also the wiki showed me that the seeker 6 is more ammo efficient than the RPG 7

Upvote 0
Coffee009;n2323278 said:
From experiance, generally upgrading a weapon up to tier 4 is fine (a low tier to tier 4 costs in total about 1800-1950 dosh compared to a normal tier 4's 1500), but the tier 5 upgrades are way too expensive for the damage they give you.

Some fun weapons to try:

Tier 2 MP7 (true MP7 experience)
Tier 3 Spitfire(s) (no weight gain and it bumps the damage from 40 to 50 (on par with 1858/M1911)
Tier 4 UMP (just shy of SCAR damage)
Tier 4 HZ12 (just shy of DBS damage)
Tier 4 VLAD (can be stupidly ammo efficient)
Tier 4 Crossbow (becomes a discount railgun with retrievable ammo) (tier 5 matches the base railgun)
Tier 4 M16 M203 (AK12 damage per bullet)
Tier 5 stoner (feels how it should be)

also the wiki showed me that the seeker 6 is more ammo efficient than the RPG 7

Thanks for the suggestions, and yeah I generally prefer the seeker 6 over the rpg anymore (unless it's boss wave and we get king FP and his army of minions).

I've been meaning to try the upgraded crossbow, but haven't really played sharpie since coming back. On the to-do list. :cool:

Upvote 0