• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New weapons for Anton Strasser

Lobalox

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 11, 2018
Hello, dear Developers.
Can you add few new guns?
Mauser 98k,Mauser 98k with optic ,Sturmgewehr 44, FG42 late model, G-43 sniper rifle, MG-42, Panzerschreck or panzerfaust and MP-40
All this list of weapons can be used not only by one character. The mechanics of each weapon from the list is already laid in the game, you just need to add a skin. All these weapons will add extra interest to the game from the side of beginners and even more so for players who have long played in the Killing floor. I can also add that all these weapons can be released as a bandle.

Dr. Lethal;n2322408 said:
Despite saying the guns can't be used by just one character, your title says otherwise. Characters don't get specific weapons just for them. Every character can use any weapon, though voice lines show they have a certain preference.

You took the words straight out of my mouth!

This being said, I'm a sucker for old weaponry, so I'd definitely love to see WW1 or WW2-era guns. Actually, I saw someone proposing to get "one old gun, one modern and one futuristic" with each update... I can kinda get behind that. But maybe Tripwire would have to cut too many corners that way.

Upvote 0
Actually I like Strasser's love for everything HK and MP5 in particular. No need to ruin that. However, I would love to see an automatic pistol in the game and the Mauser C-96 Schnellfeuer conversion would be a) Wacky b) something new gameplaywise and c) much cooler and practical than those damn AF-2011.

Blindly stuffing WW2 guns into the game does not sound that great to be honest. If you want that, there's been like 20 or so call of duty zombie maps. KF goes for a mix of historical, current and futuristic guns, so I'd suggest something that hasn't been used to death in other games like the StG-44 or MP-40.

Upvote 0
Kosake;n2322442 said:
so I'd suggest something that hasn't been used to death in other games like the StG-44 or MP-40.

Those are some of the most iconic and represented weapons in video game history mate...

If you really want some unknown guns, I'd say you would have to either look further down the prototypes, or simply look at other countries. Germany,Russia and the US weren't the only actors in that war...

Upvote 0
Aleflippy;n2322470 said:
Those are some of the most iconic and represented weapons in video game history mate...

Yes, that is precisely the problem. There's a whole lot of cool and less known stuff out there, that's why I object to just stuffing the most well-known ones in. Besides, I'd favour the less known cold-war-era weapons over the earlier ones.

Upvote 0
Eight Foot Robot;n2322700 said:
Personally i would perfer Volter's guns be in the game with a Berserker/Commando crossperk and does double damage with the bash button (tap for rapid stabs and hold bash for a heavy swipe) call them the Volter Special

Why do you want to rename them? They are Mkb-42 (H). Haenel's prototype of what would become the StG-44. The only thing I am unsure of is whether they were issued or compatible with bayonets. MP-40-equipped soldiers were issued a dagger for close combat and I could see the wehrmacht just sticking with the idea of "riflemen get bayonets, submashine gunners get daggers" and just not bother with a bayo for the 44.

Upvote 0
Kosake;n2322442 said:
Actually I like Strasser's love for everything HK and MP5 in particular. No need to ruin that. However, I would love to see an automatic pistol in the game and the Mauser C-96 Schnellfeuer conversion would be a) Wacky b) something new gameplaywise and c) much cooler and practical than those damn AF-2011.

Blindly stuffing WW2 guns into the game does not sound that great to be honest. If you want that, there's been like 20 or so call of duty zombie maps. KF goes for a mix of historical, current and futuristic guns, so I'd suggest something that hasn't been used to death in other games like the StG-44 or MP-40.

Give me an akimbo M712 and I would be in love!

Greetings

Upvote 0