• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[poll] Revert back to 1063 or continue with the current state and improve upon it.

s5yn3t

Grizzled Veteran
  • Sep 20, 2015
    https://www.strawpoll.me/15908525

A simple poll to see how many people want the changes reverted back to that build and do rebalancing from scratch, or continue with the current flow.

My 2 cents is that its quite a horrible update. (either on par or worse than Patriarch update)
    Ammo is lacking with the buffed amount of zeds on hoe, EDAR's still being bullet sponges and just not fun to deal with... especially when you get frozen in the middle of the moshpit.
    Some weapons receiving changes that shouldn't have been made as they were in the perfect spot imo (not talking about the new 4 ones)

Controversial, but the reload canceling brought smoothness to the gameplay... yes you could shave off a few tenths of a second, but you would be more in the action.
    And it really affects berserker gameplay too, as now you have to wait for bash animation to end to use block... Sucks all the fun away.

I also will sound hypocritical, because i wanted to try out the upgrade system and see how it would affect it.. but now i want it gone.
    Best case scenario would have been: Testing it and see if it would be worthy of an addition or not....
    But noo, the beta additions are final till next 3 months.

We been discussing changes that could improve the game in aspects its being weak. For example skills that just can't compete with the other options, or some slight weapon tweaks or zed changes for better challenge etc... yet nothing.

Note to twi: Don't listen to a screeching sounds of "Add this" that drastically changes formula of the game that we spent over a thousand hours on... Use preview branch for experiments and see if we as consumers would approve the addition than just throwing it in there, polishing and then sending it into the vanilla.

I voted for continue with the current flow, but improving it, because I still think the upgrade system is a great idea, but right now it needs work, like, the upgrades are ridiculously expensive. I think they should remove the +1 kg to the upgrades and lower the price OR leave the extra weight but reduce a lot the cost of the upgrades.

I'd love to get back the reload canceling though, it was a great feature.

Reactions: iReaper
    Upvote 0
    RawrUK;n2321440 said:
    As said, it's not a case of answering everyone's complaints, it'd be some glimmer of acknowledgement of peoples' thoughts.

It's not a case of 'as said' if you didn't say it earlier. And given how acknowledging complaints is roughly the same as answering them because it gives players some implication they might do something about it, they still didn't have to say anything. Those who are fine with it adapt because they like the challenge. People complained about zerk being easy anyways.

Upvote 0
    The only thing I actually enjoy about this update are the new weapons and the two new maps. The absence of reload cancelling isn't something that I've been upset about. I've adjusted to it. Granted, I will confirm it makes the berserkers life a little more difficult.

I do like the improvement of some weapons (Xbow and nailgun specifically); yet, I don't care for the upgrade system overall, it's just a silly obstacle to get most of the weapons back to where they were previously.

However, that isn't exactly game crippling. The EDARS are something that will cause me (and many others) to stop playing this game. They're just not fun to fight. I'm not expecting the devs to throw their work in the trash (even though they should be trashed), so I'm trying my hardest to enjoy the game. Plus, I've put way too much time into the game to quit now.

That said, I voted for a revert. This poll probably won't do any good but thanks for putting it up anyways.

Upvote 0
    Bluntman420;n2321488 said:
    np, just wanted to see how many people would want for changes to be reverted.

I honestly can't find the mood to play the game the game myself after the beta (which is first after 3 years of playing this game in all its builds) to the point where i just reinstalled tf2 and now pan people lol.
    IMO game needs operation health, where instead of focusing 3 months on new content, could focus on fixing the long lasting bugs and making some quality of life changes and balancing some skills that are still worthless compared to their rival offering... And maybe bring some grindhouse maps along the way idk

Upvote 0
    Dr. Lethal;n2321449 said:
    It's not a case of 'as said' if you didn't say it earlier. And given how acknowledging complaints is roughly the same as answering them because it gives players some implication they might do something about it, they still didn't have to say anything. Those who are fine with it adapt because they like the challenge. People complained about zerk being easy anyways.

wait excuse me? being easy? they legit killed serker after the latest update lol, you cant even go beyond wave 5 on solo HoE with this parrying system and without the reload cancelion.
    And oh wait it's not about learning when to parry even if its on the right timing it will still miss most of the time.
    So please they legit killed the serker and nerf'ed him to a way that he is not enjoyable and playable anymore like it was used before.

Upvote 0
    iReaper;n2321525 said:
    wait excuse me? being easy? they legit killed serker after the latest update lol, you cant even go beyond wave 5 on solo HoE with this parrying system and without the reload cancelion.
    And oh wait it's not about learning when to parry even if its on the right timing it will still miss most of the time.
    So please they legit killed the serker and nerf'ed him to a way that he is not enjoyable and playable anymore like it was used before.

If you have to rely on exploits and gimmicks to get through a game, then that says a lot about your skill. Go tell that to every other player that's still playing zerk and taking names.

Upvote 0
    Dr. Lethal;n2321394 said:
    As far as zerks go, people have learned to plan their parries better instead of trying to do it on the fly, and the complaints about trying to parry instantly after attacking have diminishes greatly.

Fights with multiple large zeds, you really feel the effect. You spend way too much time playin patty cake with them because you are forced to hang back and wait for an opening or get nailed like an idiot. Much like half of the boss fights from DS2. 2 or 3 fp spawn, have fun spending 5 minutes or so getting pushed around the map. Skrakes are easier but the change was completely unnecessary.

Same thing with KFP, the fight takes much longer now.

Edit: also, it is now impossible to fully parry a triple hit from a scrake or fp now without the much more inconvenient "reaload cancle" for the zerker.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    I definitely have mixed feelings on this update. I like the maps and weapons, and I feel I'm the only one around here who actually likes the E.D.A.Rs, though I feel it would have been far more appropriate to have them skinned as biological enemies instead of robots but whatever. However, I absolutely despise most of the weapon nerfs, parry nerfs, and the reload cancel "fix."

Zerker feels so weak this update. The katana has been priced (and weighted) into uselessness. I used to always buy it on wave 2 to get rid of the stupid crovel, but now it's priced so high that there's absolutely no reason to not just hold your nose and use the crovel an extra wave. I don't actually have a problem with pricing the tier 3 and 4 zerker weapons higher, but leave the katana alone please.

The double barrel boomstick got similar treatment, to where now it's completley outclased by the H1Z1. Why ever use the boomstick now? And don't even get me started on the doomstick. It was fine in beta but now it's overpriced, understocked crap.

Sharpshooter similarly feels like he got hit by a massive nerf bat, and nerfs never feel fun. I don't like the new railgun at all. Now I have to pay $1500 for the purchase price and then pay another $1500 on top of that just to get it back to where it used to be? Seriously? You're really going to do that when you add the AMR, which is $1000 less than a tier 5 railgun, into the game? At least get rid of the damage penalty for the lock-on if you're going to **** on this thing's damage. I could at least live with that. I get that balancing weapons that can 1-shot big Zeds is difficult, but the railgun hasn't been a problem since it came out. Also, it just feels mechanically weird that the railgun does less damage than the M99. They really ought to switch places. Not to mention the E.D.A.R.s can't get headshotted so all the sharpshooter damage bonuses mean squat when you aim at their power core (I'm assuming, correct me if I'm wrong), which is another big slap in the face for SS.

On the plus side, I'm really happy to see SWAT ammo cost reductions and the reintroduction of the microwave gun as an actual usable weapon. Thank god, I missed that thing being good.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    Kothre;n2321571 said:
    Zerker feels so weak this update. The katana has been priced (and weighted) into uselessness. I used to always buy it on wave 2 to get rid of the stupid crovel, but now it's priced so high that there's absolutely no reason to not just hold your nose and use the crovel an extra wave. I don't actually have a problem with pricing the tier 3 and 4 zerker weapons higher, but leave the katana alone please.

The weight changes on zerk weapons completely baffled me - senseless changes IMO. Price adjustments were also not needed. I really don't know where any of those changes came from - certainly not from player feedback.

Upvote 0