Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Privay Policy Update

We’ve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We’ve incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We’ve added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: http://tripwireinteractive.com/policies/privacy-notice
2 of 2 < >

Forum Rules

CHANGES
  • Items changed, or highlighted for future attention, on 20 July 2013 are highlighted in yellow.

Global Rules
  • Forum moderators may or may not be Tripwire Interactive staff members, but either way, please respect them, as they are the authority of the forums. Speaking to them with intentional spite will not be tolerated and may result in the loss of your forum privileges.
  • Any decisions made by any member of staff or moderator are final and not subject to discussion. Doing so may result in a ban from the site. The owners of Tripwire Interactive Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason, as well as to remove access to the forums for any individuals with or without warning for breaches of the rules.
  • If you have a complaint regarding another user, PM the appropriate moderators, or if you have an administrative issue, [RO]schneidzekk.

General Behaviour
  • Use the search function before posting. Chances are your question has already been answered.
  • Use a title that describes the content of your post. Don't use all caps or special characters to draw attention either in the title or the body of the post.
  • Up to 10 emoticons are allowed in a post
  • Political discussions are prohibited.
  • Flaming - We do not tolerate abusive, malicious, personal attacks. You will be banned if you persist in this behavior.
  • Trolls - Anyone deliberately antagonizing other forum users by posting 'flame bait' type messages is not welcome. You will be banned (possibly without warning depending on the severity of the issue) if you persist in this behavior.
  • Personal insults (directed at anyone) will result in a ban. If the behavior is not corrected, it will be made more permanent.
  • Constructive criticism is welcome. However keep in mind we (and other forums goers) may not agree with you. If you can't keep the conversation civil, you will be removed from the forums.
  • The use of hyperbole, one liners, and images as part of a forum debate is likely to get you infracted. You have many ways to participate and be a constructive part of this community, even when you disagree.
  • To make the highlighted bits above 100% clear to everyone, the following WILL NOT BE TOLERATED:
    1. Personal attacks, insults, antagonism of any forum-goers, moderators or Tripwire Interactive staff.
    2. Name Shaming and Public "Witch Hunts" are also not allowed.
    3. Breaches of confidentiality and privacy of any sort.
    4. Any form of racism, bigotry or attacks on race, creed or color.
    5. Linking to posts on other forums related to ANY of the above, whether you are the originator or not, without exception.

• There has been too much in the way of abhorrent personal behaviors in the past. These will cease. It doesn't matter who started it or who reacted to it - it will all result in moderator action. If you have to indulge your hatreds, for whatever reason, go do it elsewhere - and do not try and drag our forum-goers over to enjoy your hatreds.
  • We understand that people have strong feelings about our games, what we do for a living and how we respond (or don't) to comments on the forums. We all aren't going to agree about everything. So, BE CIVIL in your disagreements!

DO NOTs
  • DO NOT Transmit any message, information, data, text, software or graphic files, or other materials ("Content") that is unlawful (including illegal drug usage), harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, hateful or racially, ethnically, sexually or otherwise objectionable. This includes publicizing private information, such as individual's real names, IP addresses and anything else that might be used to identify them to the freakier members of the internet. This also means you may NOT publically share private communications (PM, email or anything else) without the original poster's permission.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any Content that contains a virus, Trojan horse or other mischievous Content.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes" or any other form of solicitation.
  • DO NOT link to posts on any other forums, or any other form of media, that breaches our rules. It will be treated just the same as if you had posted it here.
  • DO NOT Double Post, cross Post, "necro post" or restart closed threads.
  • DO NOT Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, rule or regulation.
  • DO NOT Upload or transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ("Rights") of any party.
  • DO NOT post cheats or exploits; THIS INCLUDES ALL/ANY REFERENCES TO HACKING, PIRATED SOFTWARE etc.
  • DO NOT complain about being banned from a server and DO NOT complain about other players on servers - that is between you and the admin, no need to get the community involved.

Username, Avatar and Signature Rules
  • Multiple registrations result in a ban.
  • No offensive user names
  • All signatures should not exceed the following size limits, you can have both text and images
  • - For text signatures: 4 lines normal size, 8 lines small size and up to 100 chars per line. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. (Blank lines count as lines.)
  • - For images in signatures: 1 image up to 400 pixels wide, 150 pixels tall and 100kb in size plus 2 lines normal size text and up to 100 chars per line
Netiquette: Written text has no inflection, and, as such, you should be careful how you write your messages as interpretation will vary from person to person. Please take advantage of the built-in emoticons to add such expression to your words. Please remember the golden rule: to treat other forum users the way you would like to be treated. Please use common courtesy, and enjoy using Red Orchestra's forums
Offensive material
The following is a list of some things that MAY be considered "offensive" by the moderators and the team. This is NOT an exclusive list and it does depend very much on context.

Crossing the line into "offensive" territory is likely to get you asked to change your name, sig or avatar or to withdraw/delete posts. This will be done politely by the moderators. If you refuse to comply further action WILL be taken once started, ultimately leading to banning from the forums.

A key point: please attempt to use your brains. What is mild humour to you may well be deeply offensive to others. While we have no intention of acting as politically-correct "thought police", we are on the lookout for those things that can cause offense and, in some cases, are actually still illegal in some jurisdictions.
  1. Names recalling notorious war criminals or personalities.
  2. Names recalling atrocities and war crimes in general, or units with particularly odious histories.
  3. Use of obscenities and expletives.
  4. Blatant racism, mysogynism or many other "ism"s.
  5. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Nazism or Fascism; this does not include pics of soldiers who happen to have such symbols on their uniform, unless we feel this has been done to provoke. Please note that many Nazi symbols (including the Swastika) are still illegal in Germany and other countries and considered deeply offensive by many Europeans.
  6. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Stalinism.
  7. On both the previous two, the moderators' views on the intention and impact of use of such symbols will be final - not yours. Please be understanding if you are advised to change something.
  8. In general, if a sig/avatar represents your allegiances in-game and is clearly "in part", it is likely to be fine; if the moderators feel you are trying to demonstrate unpalatable political allegiances, or to use it in an attempt to ridicule or provoke others you WILL be asked to change it. RO is NOT the place to make any extremist political statements of any kind.

Examples:
So people get the idea, some examples that would be considered offensive, numbered as above:
  1. "Hitler", "Beria"
  2. "NKVD Blocking Detachment", "Einsatzgruppen"
  3. This one should be pretty obvious...
  4. So should this - and it includes calling all Germans "Nazis" and all Soviets/Russians "Commies". It got boring 50 years ago, so stop it.
  5. Use of swastikas, fasces, SS-runes and so on for the Axis.
  6. There is actually very little overt symbolism from the Stalinist era; the hammer-and-sickle isn't offensive per se.

A simple rule-of-thumb: many Europeans find Nazi symbolism of any sort offensive; many Americans still find Soviet symbolism offensive. Engage your brain before using.

Final Note: this is NOT open to debate, so please do NOT start whining and moaning if a moderator asks you to change something. They will advise at first, giving reasons, then, if you take no notice, they will step up the pressure through to banning.
See more
See less

A few questions for TW

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few questions for TW

I hold no hope that these questions will be answered now or at all, but they're on my mind since the update gone live and furious posts calling for immediate rollback at worst and other appealing to TW's love of their fans, lies at the bottom of it. I never seen the community more agitated or divided (During the resistance debacle we were not divided to this extent).

So the questions I have that I generally want answered by TWI or others who know the answer (Not just assumptions or accusations, please):

1: Was the idea of the Upgrade System from within TW, or was it partly TW and partly fan suggestions that birthed it?
    2: Was the Upgrade System ever meant for Endless or Survival exclusively?
    3: Did TW consider the potential backlash against EDAR's upon inception?
    4: Was there ideas to make them ZEDs and not robots?
    5: The method of performing Reload Cancelling that was made unavailable in the update, what was the reasoning behind the "fix"? Why was it "fixed"?
    6: How much of this update is considered "Completed-in-time"?

Personally I like the EDARs, does not mind the RC being made unavailable and wish for the Upgrade system to begone from Survival. But I also want to understand the reasoning behind this update.

Thank you for reading.
    /DreaderVII
    I want a special sound play when I join a game as Demo. A Nuclear Warning horn, to give the Zed's a chance to run..

I'm not an employee at Tripwire, but I can say that people have been asking for weapon upgrades since the firs game came out. That's almost 10 years ago! I don't know what prompted them to add it to the game, but there were a lot of other things that people were asking for over the years which made it into the game with mixed reception (lmg, versus mode, etc). This appears to be one of those scenarios.

Comment

Originally posted by imnrk View Post
      I'm not an employee at Tripwire, but I can say that people have been asking for weapon upgrades since the firs game came out. That's almost 10 years ago! I don't know what prompted them to add it to the game, but there were a lot of other things that people were asking for over the years which made it into the game with mixed reception (lmg, versus mode, etc). This appears to be one of those scenarios.
      The concept was fine, just the wave of nerfs to compensate for them was too much. The railgun basically costs 3000 dosh now, and the husk cannon and eviscerator got nerfed to the ground.

If the weapons kept their base values and got improved it would be fine, but it feels like most weapons we are "upgrading" them to where they started and some still feel worse.

Although weapons that got buffed like the M4 have become really good.
      Last edited by LazerOfDensity; 06-14-2018, 01:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by imnrk View Post
        I'm not an employee at Tripwire, but I can say that people have been asking for weapon upgrades since the firs game came out.
        I think when people said they want upgrades they was talking about attachments system like in Battlefield 3-4. If it would be like that - everyone would adore it.

Originally posted by LazerOfDensity View Post

The concept was fine, just the wave of nerfs to compensate for them was too much. The railgun basically costs 3000 dosh now, and the husk cannon and eviscerator got nerfed to the ground.

If the weapons kept their base values and got improved it would be fine, but it feels like most weapons we are "upgrading" them to where they started and some still feel worse.
        Yes. Most upgraded weapons became worse than they were before update (which should be opposite).
        Last edited by PainKiller66; 06-14-2018, 06:20 AM.

Comment

Played a bit last night. Not liking the EDARs so far.
          [I]I'm that weird Medic on your team who goes after Husks with a scalpel.[/I]

Comment

I'm just really disappointed with this update. Killing Floor games have always been about having fun in increasingly awkward waves and it has always been a largely good community with little grief. This update has done a lot to ruin that; introducing weapon upgrades (so people don't share dosh, at all, ever), adding prestige (so people only care about their XP rather than the benefit of the team) and, worse of all, introducing a poorly thought out series of nerfs which drastically altered the play style for a lot of people.

In my worthless opinion, the game has tried to take itself too seriously and failed.

Comment

I haven't spoken to the designers about the changes, but as a general rule, games changes are driven by data, reports and observation of the largest number of players. Designers use what you say here, but also the collected analytics data of what players do in the game, because most players never post. Our responsibility is to the broadest set of players. At times it may seem like we do not hear your one voice, but the truth is we hear many voices and that informs decisions.

Comment

Can you hear my little voice about my missing Firebug knife? :P

Comment

the no dosh sharing is the truth. with the upgrade system now, you "never" have enough dosh.
                  Suic-15+ , HOE-20+, and most popular custom maps.

https://www.gametracker.com/server_info/68.232.161.19:23000/

Comment

RawrUK Yes, I heard it. It is being investigated along with a few other missing knife questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Foster Parent View Post
                      I haven't spoken to the designers about the changes, but as a general rule, games changes are driven by data, reports and observation of the largest number of players. Designers use what you say here, but also the collected analytics data of what players do in the game, because most players never post. Our responsibility is to the broadest set of players. At times it may seem like we do not hear your one voice, but the truth is we hear many voices and that informs decisions.
                      Ofcourse, otherwise the game would be looking very different. And I don't worry about not being heard I know that I am, if not directly by TW, by other fans and players.

It's these specific additions to the game that I wonder about, but I understand that they cannot be answered easily or at all and that's fine. Much like the "Designer notes" described the thought behind the changes in Beta 2, I would have liked to know the thought behind the updates' content.

Thanks for the answer tho, take care!
                      Last edited by DreaderVII; 06-14-2018, 02:54 PM.
                      I want a special sound play when I join a game as Demo. A Nuclear Warning horn, to give the Zed's a chance to run..

Comment

1. This was both. Over time, we have received feedback that our gameplay loop can feel stale quickly because it was the same path to the high tier weapons. So you begin a game, work yourself up to your final tier, and then you're done. A lot of our weapons have good feel but we can't bring them all to the final waves. Along with players requests, we introduced the Upgrade System as a way to promote a better gameplay diversification and add something fresh to the game loop. It also let's us expand out weapon gameplay depending on what we choose to upgrade on them, and we do have plans to add more knobs other than damage, heal recharge rate, and weight.

2. At one point, it was thought to be something just for Endless because it made sense having a system that can promote weapons alongside the high influx of dosh you can potentially receive with Endless. It also works alongside the increased difficulty. That was the initial design, but once we got to implementing it, we wanted to try incorporating it into Survival as well as a way to broaden the weapon gameplay for it too. We playtested it here and found it to be a neat way to expand weapon loadouts, so we decided to keep it for all game modes.

3/ 4. We were thinking about new range gameplay they could bring to add new challenges for players to confront. Robots / Evil DARs were chosen to go along with some lore not yet revealed.

5. We started looking into ways to address it because it was creating a lot of uninteded affects. It became too difficult to balance around and gauge it's influence, so we decided to remove it. Initially we left it because some players liked it but over time we started to see how much it was being used and how much it negated features and normal balance. We are still looking at options at how to best handle it.

6. There is always more we want to do and improve upon!

Comment

Thank you loads for the reply, it does bring more clarity then I expected, I expected none so...

I'll be waiting for the next WWAUT with anticipation. Take care!

Comment

Working...
                          X